MPExtended (13 Viewers)

MPExtended is a project that aims at providing access to MediaPortal from all over the world.
I have a few issue's that I can not not figure out for the life of me. 1) When I try to stream movies there is no sound, but when I watch them on MP there is. Also it is not all my movies just select one's. All my movies are in the same format. After some further digging even though the are all mp4, they arent all the same type mp4...
I have a few issue's that I can not not figure out for the life of me. 1) When I try to stream movies there is no sound, but when...
I have a few issue's that I can not not figure out for the life of me. 1) When I try to stream movies there is no sound, but when...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Question] Cannot Connect (1 Viewer) DE
It's a bit hard to be sure; but I think the problem is that MPExtended only listens on the 169.x.y.z address (which doesn't work on the network) and not on the 192.x.y.z address. Any chance you can (temporarily) disable the loopback one?
It's a bit hard to be sure; but I think the problem is that MPExtended only listens on the 169.x.y.z address (which doesn't work on...
Hi there I try to configure mpextended to use it with the mpdroid application. This doens't work, and when I go step by step...
Replies
Views
The credentials in the service URLs aren't used if you point it to localhost; and certainly aren't related to streaming problems.
The credentials in the service URLs aren't used if you point it to localhost; and certainly aren't related to streaming problems.
I wanted to start streaming externally to my phone while away from home.... Once I opened up the right port I can access the...
Replies
Views
The WebMP profiles are (unfortunately) a lot more heavy than the aMPdroid profiles.. I really can't say more about the streaming stack in 0.4.3 though, it behaves a bit random ;)
The WebMP profiles are (unfortunately) a lot more heavy than the aMPdroid profiles.. I really can't say more about the streaming...
Oxan, Diebagger and other contributors - thank you guys for this great extension - its greatly enhanced my family's MP experience...
Replies
Views
Ah ok, thank you.
Ah ok, thank you.
I'm testing MPExtended on my TV-server atm, the Direct streaming works "ok", but the Flash ones are lagging a lot, and I'm thinking...
Replies
Views
Yeah its ok now... Thank you very much!
Yeah its ok now... Thank you very much!
Hi there, I recently went to MP 1.3 Alpha. Before that I uninstalled mpextended, webmediaportail and iis. Now that mp is running...
Replies
Views
in 1.3a ? yes
in 1.3a ? yes
Just wanted to check whether MPExtended and WebMediaPortal are compatible with MP1.3A?
Replies
Views
You can configure the port number in C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml - a graphical user interface for that will be added in 0.5.
You can configure the port number in C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml - a graphical user interface for that will...
Hi, Installed MPEx OK on Client PC. Everything A-OK there. all tests work. Ran the test on the remote PC -...
Replies
Views
yes great job!
yes great job!
Hi there Thanks for a great application. I use the web part and service through aMPDroid on WiFi every day. Just love it :) I have...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the installer doesn't automatically setup the firewall correctly. You have to create an exception manually, see the wiki for details.
Unfortunately the installer doesn't automatically setup the firewall correctly. You have to create an exception manually, see the...
I cant connect to MPExtended unless the firewall is turned off. In settings there are already entries for MPextended. EDIT: I dont...
Replies
Views
Hi there I have created this thread to gather the best configuration for FFMPEG. When I say "best", I mean the configuration with no shuttering, god quality and that works over 3G and WiFi. If you have multiple configurations ex. one for 3G and one for WiFi, please list them both :) Best regards
Hi there I have created this thread to gather the best configuration for FFMPEG. When I say "best", I mean the configuration with...
Hi there I have created this thread to gather the best configuration for FFMPEG. When I say "best", I mean the configuration with...
Replies
Views
You have to use WifiRemote for that. MPExtended doesn't interact with a running MediaPortal.
You have to use WifiRemote for that. MPExtended doesn't interact with a running MediaPortal.
Im am currently writing a remote for MediaPortal using a Microsoft Surface 2.0. I can display the TV Channels with their program. I...
Replies
Views
Oh for sure =) Good chip. But tbh... the mainboard's chipset and pipes are just as important when it comes to media serving. Just dont go TOO cheap on the mobo and u should be just fine.
Oh for sure =) Good chip. But tbh... the mainboard's chipset and pipes are just as important when it comes to media serving. Just...
I am curious what the recommended cpu is for running MPExtended. No matter what I use to stream, it maxes out the cpu on my server...
Replies
Views
The developer of iPimp got a little baby so iPimp is ... not dead... but paused.
The developer of iPimp got a little baby so iPimp is ... not dead... but paused.
Hi, what a great plugin! Are there plans to get support for Apple devices like iPhone or iPad? I'm not able to play content via...
Replies
Views
Well, you can try to go back to the previous version, but I bet it doesn't work. What exactly doesn't work? Does aMPdroid give an error message (and in that case, which message)? According to the first (incomplete) logs you posted, you did a server-only installation. In that case, the movies/tv shows part isn't installed. If you want...
Well, you can try to go back to the previous version, but I bet it doesn't work. What exactly doesn't work? Does aMPdroid give an...
Hi When trying to stream files from host to Android device I get this error: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client...
Replies
Views
No, not at the moment. This happens because 16:9 encoded in 720x576 uses non-square pixels, while MPExtended only supports transcoding to square pixels. I have added an option (<noResize>true</noResize>) to MPExtended 0.5 to suppress adding the -s and -aspect options, so that you can fill them in manually. (Really, I have no idea...
No, not at the moment. This happens because 16:9 encoded in 720x576 uses non-square pixels, while MPExtended only supports...
Hi I'm streaming tv-server and using ffmpeg as encoder to minimize bitrate, and would like to keep the original size of 720 x 576...
Replies
Views
It's on our todolist for 0.5 indeed.
It's on our todolist for 0.5 indeed.
I notice that certain fan art thumbs do not load in the recently added series view. this seems to happen when MP cant find an...
Replies
Views
Hi Oxan, This would make me very happy if something could be applied/patched. Thanks for posting back right away. -KT
Hi Oxan, This would make me very happy if something could be applied/patched. Thanks for posting back right away. -KT
Hello, Would it be possible to control the MP Client from the web interface or see if something is currently running in the MP...
Replies
Views
Thanks, oddly LCDSmartie does run with MPExtended as is, it is only when using the MP.dll plug in that it crashes at startup. I am in touch with the MP.dll developer to see if there is a fix or workaround. Thanks for your help.
Thanks, oddly LCDSmartie does run with MPExtended as is, it is only when using the MP.dll plug in that it crashes at startup. I am...
I have recently done a clean install of Windows 7 and MediaPortal 1.2.3 and updated all my plug ins to the latest versions. I am...
Replies
Views
Now it works, it is importand that you use UNC Path´s in every PArt of Medial....
Now it works, it is importand that you use UNC Path´s in every PArt of Medial....
hello, first i have to say that this projekt is a great work! now to my problem :) is it possible to stream mkv video files...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [Question] TV Logos? DE
its working now thx
its working now thx
i installed MP Extended (server and client install) and WebMP on my TV Server (no mp client) and can not see the TV-Logos - where...
Replies
Views
It's fairly intuitive. I'll see if I can add a "watch" button to current programs in WebMP 0.5 ;)
It's fairly intuitive. I'll see if I can add a "watch" button to current programs in WebMP 0.5 ;)
installed WEBmedia and IIS on my TV server (MPExtended works already), on my Homescreen i can see some recordings which i can...
Replies
Views
It would certainly be possible. However, currently it isn't implemented and I don't see myself doing it anytime soon, but patches are of course welcome!
It would certainly be possible. However, currently it isn't implemented and I don't see myself doing it anytime soon, but patches...
With the New MP Upnp renderer-plugin would it be possible to have an ability in MPExtended to "play to.." HTPCs With MP and the...
Replies
Views
New Firewall Rule doesn´t work. So i will wait for v0.5. :) If you need a tester please let me know.
New Firewall Rule doesn´t work. So i will wait for v0.5. :) If you need a tester please let me know.
Hi @all I tried to install 0.4.3 on WHS2011 but there are some Problems... 1. Sometimes i get an EventError and the Service isn´t...
Replies
Views
Ok, Thanks
Ok, Thanks
Hi, Could someone please explain what the Service settings are for? I have mpextended up and running and dont need to do...
Replies
Views
Yea, i think you're right there. Just did a bit of testing with firefox and IE on different PCs and all was ok. I mainly use IE 8/9 and use firefox as a backup in-case IE plays up Thanks
Yea, i think you're right there. Just did a bit of testing with firefox and IE on different PCs and all was ok. I mainly use IE...
Hi, mpextended web service for the most part works fine. I do have an issue when i try and connect inside my LAN via the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Will test later as atm my TV server is recording. ANd I don't want to fiddle on it then...
Hi. Will test later as atm my TV server is recording. ANd I don't want to fiddle on it then...
Anyone tried MP extender with MP Alpha ver. 2?
Replies
Views
Just copying the databases and thumbs should be enough, MPExtended doesn't use the Mediaportal client. You'll have to install the client service on the server too, though. That's an MP issue. We just get the list of recordings from the TV Server.
Just copying the databases and thumbs should be enough, MPExtended doesn't use the Mediaportal client. You'll have to install the...
First of all thank you for this awsome service. I'm currently running a setup with a dedicated tv-server, and 3 client...
Replies
Views
Advantage of the TV Client is that it can play untranscoded TV streams (reducing CPU usage on the server), which is not possible in the browser.
Advantage of the TV Client is that it can play untranscoded TV streams (reducing CPU usage on the server), which is not possible in...
Since the old TV Client for MP and also the TV4Home TV Viewer are both deprecated i'm planning to develop a client for MPExtended...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom