IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippaN

Portal Member
January 10, 2008
Thanks for an Awesome plugin, I have stumbled upon one problem tho.
Im using my new Microsoft MCE Remote but some buttons seems to response two times when I just press it down once, It happens only when MediaPortal is focused. I suppose its because both Windows and this Plugin response to the same signal from the remote and therefore responses two times.

My Question;
Is there a way to disable the remote for Windows but not for MediaPortal?

AFAIK, there should be a replacement driver for this that I cant seem to find for IR Server Suite and reading this "You don't need the MCE Replacement Driver" in a signature makes me confused.
I've read the documentation, I also downloaded "MCE Replacement Plugin - Version 1.0.4.1" and read the documentation for that one, but upon the installation I couldnt find the driver file (.inf).

edit:
Ok, just found a working driver:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Drivers/Remotes/MCERemoteReplacementDriver/

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    RippaN:

There are a number of ways you can solve this problem without resorting to the replacement driver. And I have talked about this many, many times in the forums.

By default the Microsoft MCE Remote drivers will automatically handle several buttons on the MCE remote and send key presses to the active program when those buttons are pressed. This can cause "double-presses" of those buttons if the program is also reacting to the buttons. For example, when running MP Control Plugin you may experience double-presses of the arrow keys, this is most likely caused by the MP Control Plugin acting on the button and duplicating the default response.

It is quite simple to get around this problem and there are a number of ways you can do this.

* By removing the mappings for the repeated buttons and just relying on the drivers automatic handling. For example, in MP Control plugin you can either manually remove the mappings for the effected buttons, or you can change the remote preset to "Microsoft MCE (basic)".

* By preventing the driver from automatically handling those button presses. This makes the driver effectively behave like the old Replacement Driver, but with none of the disadvantages of that approach. Did you read the post linked in my signature about not needing the replacement driver?

* By switching to the Replacement Driver (I do not recommend this because the Replacement driver does not handle IR Carrier frequencies and is not as versatile or accurate as the default driver).

@Everyone: Please use the search function when you encounter a problem or have a question. I don't want to be rude about it, but I have answered a lot of questions many times in the past. And it takes time away from developing when I have to answer them again.

I know that the answer is to have better documentation, and I'm working on that too. If anyone would like to help out by writing some guides or FAQ's then I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    STB

You will notice my post a week ago where I stated that I have blasting to STB working again. Problem is that it is only working when using the TEST button in the IR Server STB configuration. It won't work from within MP.

I don't know if the error in the TV3 error.log is related or not:
    2008-01-12 18:55:12.359375 [9]: System.ArgumentException: Type provided must be an Enum.
    Parameter name: enumType
    at System.Enum.GetName(Type enumType, Object value)
    at TvEngine.TV3BlasterPlugin.events_OnTvServerEvent(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs)

My steps to produce the attached logs:
    Open MP
    Press LIVETV button
    Go to channels
    Select channel - which start TV without blasting anything to STB.

Using today's SVN verion of both MP and TV3. IR Server Suite 1.0.4.1 with the patch as supplied in post #12.

MS MCE remote and receiver/blaster.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    rekenaar:

sorry mate, Try the attached version and see how you go.

Just be aware that you'll need to disable tv service before you copy the files over.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    It is now 05:16 am here in SA. Wife still asleep. I can tell you this - she is going to love me when she wakes up...

It is now working like a charm now.

I have mentioned before that this is probably the best supported piece of software that I have ever used. Your commitment is really appreciated.

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I too am suffering from the Input Service stalling on resume from standby (i.e. no response from remote).
    Have had a play around with the recovery action in the properties of the input service. Tried various settings before I realised it was saying it was already in a 'started' condition.
    It does all start working when the input services is restarted though.

Have attached IRServer logs, if any others would be helpfull let me know.

Nearly forgot to add:
    Remote model - MCE RC6 + mce receiver
    Operating system - XP pro
    drivers (default or replacement) - Default with removed registry keys method
    Any registry modifications - None
    What sort of Standby (S1, S3, S4) - S3

Edit:
    Version used -
    IR Server Suite - Version 1.0.4.1
    Microsoft MCE Transceiver 1.0.4.1 - SP1

Thanks

John

Edit:
    Work-around - created batch file,

sleep 15 (allows LAN to reconnect, doesn't seem to work otherwise)
    NET STOP "Input Service"
    sleep 5
    NET START "Input Service"

Created Translator macro to run batch file (wait for exit, so batch file finishes) then run MP.
    Created Translator event for PC_Resume and set it to run above macro.

MP now goes to standby and on resume there is a short delay,as Translator fires off macro. The systray icon for Translator disconnects then reconnects to Input Service, then MP fires up.

I was using IR Tray to launch MP, but have now ditched it as not required.

Hope this is of some use to others until Aaron has time to do something a little more elegant!!

Top notch work by the way Aaron :D

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Mercurial,

Thanks for the detailed info.

When you say "drivers (default or replacement) - Default with HID bit disabled" do you mean that you disabled the HidIr service, or are you using the new method with the removed registry keys?

If you're using the HidIr disable method then you should probably change to the new method of making the default driver behave like the replacement driver.

Apart from that, are you using the latest version and the patch from earlier in this thread?

Cheers,

Mercurial

Portal Member
    September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Aaron,

Sorry was getting a bit late last night when I posted my reply. It is not as detailed as it should have been, now that I read it back.

- I am using the removed registry keys method. (As detailed in latest docs, unless I've missed something additional on forum)
    - I am running the latest version.
    - I have updated to the patch in thread above.

Cheers

John

zell72

June 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have been using your plugin since you had the replacement driver for the XP MCE remote and it has been a great piece of software which has worked well except for below.

1. Since upgrading to the newest version I have been unable to blast to my Foxtel box, I see that you have a fix for TV3 but I am still using TV2.

2. Since I upgraded from the standalone product to IR Server the blasting is not accurate. It misses the first numeric character more often then not (say I want to blast 132 it will only blast 32, the blaster would work but the Foxtel unit would not recognise the first digit). When I was using the stand alone product it would blast 99% of the time correctly.

The difference from the IR Server and the stand alone version which I was using was that I was using the replacement driver.

Any help will be appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom