IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastill

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Pastill:

Can you supply the MicrosoftMceTransceiver_Driver*.log file from the root folder of your hard disk?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Here is my two ziped fileswith logs

I guess you can find and match the events in these files.
All blasting is started from Translator - IR Command - Test
Log is from the first attempt when blasting after a while halted in the middle of a blast, so it just continued to blast the whole time.
Log2 is from a new attempt, more "normal" in the way that blasting stopped after a couple of testblasts

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Pastill:

Is there any one IR file that will always cause it to fail?

And has this problem always existed or only recently? If so, what version last worked?

I'm always making little adjustments to the code that controls IR blasting, it could be that I removed something I thought was no longer needed (didn't effect me) but that is needed for you.

exponent2

Portal Member
    January 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Some insight on USB UIRT learning - BUG

I installed MP 0.2.3.0 on a clean machine. I could not get the Mp configuration to learn my STB codes. When I selected Learn Enabled Codes for the STB the LED on the UIRT would not light and no keys were received. I then downloaded the latest IR suite and saw similar behavior BUT there was one recognized response however after many tries and restarts i could not duplicate it. I then decided to see if the Learn MediaPortal Commands would recognize the same remote and the same keys it worked flawlessly. so whatever is done for the Learn Media Portal COmmands works fine and could probably be ported to Learn Set Top Box Commands.

There is another occasional bug that I see and that is that every once in a while the configuration tool tells me the device (UIRT) is either not working or the driver is not installed even though the driver version is displayed and the UIRT is working correctly.

Pastill

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Pastill:

Is there any one IR file that will always cause it to fail?

And has this problem always existed or only recently? If so, what version last worked?

I'm always making little adjustments to the code that controls IR blasting, it could be that I removed something I thought was no longer needed (didn't effect me) but that is needed for you.

This problem has never occured before. It started after I first uninstalled and removed all of IR Server (but not files in Documents ....) and then installed 1.04.1. and patch.
    I have used IR Server since before October release. After that just updated without removing anything.
    Releases before and after October have not been able to blast good enough and not Resume after Standby. Not even after the patch of 1.0.4.1.
    And now after the clean install I get this effect.

I've tested the different IR Commands and found that it's probably two IR files that results in this failure.
    I could blast without problem ( it seems) with the "Reciever" files but after one or two blasts of the "TV" files I had blasting failure.
    The files should set TV on/off. My TV is a Finlux 4-5 years old. ( I haven't found any ccf-files for my model)

I attach the TV IR Command files

heff

Portal Member
    April 21, 2006
    Hi,

I'm after some guideance. I have a MCE remote and am tring to get my amp remote to send the signal through it to one of the blaster ports. The MCE remote works fine and I can program the codes for the amp( some I can automate it) but how do I get the plugin to send to the blaster port when I press a button on the remote?

ta

Heff

trx

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Elk River, MN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I found why the TV2 blaster plugin does not work for channel changes after I added additional tuners. With mutiple tuners the channels need to be assigned to a tuner. Once they are assigned to a tuner in MP the ones that use the blaster no longer work. It switches to that tuner but nothing is blasted. If I remove the additional cards from MP and leave the channels unassigned then it works again.

I have found TV2 blaster errors in the error log after I tried to change channels that were assigned to a specific tuner card. I've attached the error log file.

Chad

joho500

Portal Member
    June 3, 2007
    Haarlem NL
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV Server (multiseat)

Hello,

I've searched this thread (and the old one) but couldn't find the answer to my puzzling question. :confused:

Does IR Server Suite supports blasting to a setupbox with TV Server on a multiseat setup, i.e. the server is only used over the LAN? Hopefully I'm not asking the obvious here... :)

Thanks

Joost

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Pastill:
    I'm still looking into your problem, I'll get back to you when I know more.

heff:
    Use the MP Control Plugin and Map Buttons. Choose a macro or IR Command under the "Blast:" option.

trx:
    Sounds like the card ID's are being shuffled around. You might need to redo your STB Setup in the TV2 Blaster Plugin whenever you add or remove a TV Card. Try that and see what happens, let me know.

joho500:
    Oh yes sir it does support that...

1. Install the Input Service on the PC with the IR blaster.
    2. Make sure the blaster is attached to the STB.
    3. Install the TV3 Blaster Plugin on the PC with the TV Server. Make sure TV Service is shut down before installing.
    4. Configure the TV3 Blaster Plugin and set the Host Server to the IP Address or Computer Name of the computer with the Input Service.

IR Server Suite has been network aware since day 1. All Apps and Plugins can be run on different machines and the interplay you can create between them can be pretty cool depending on your requirements.

This is a flexibility that I think sets IR Server Suite apart from most of the others.

Let me know how you get on.

joho500

Portal Member
    June 3, 2007
    Haarlem NL
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reply. :D

Knowing this, I will now setup a TV Server and try to make it work. I will get back to you on my progress.

Joost

exponent2

Portal Member
    January 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Some IR commands not working.

I am running SVN Feb 2 with TVEngV3. I was able to get USBUIRT to learn the IR codes for my STB remote. What happens though is when I test the Blast send in the the configuration some of the codes do not work correctly. 2,4 and 9 seem to have problems. I can watch the codes being received by the STB on my TV.

If I send 1234 I see 134

If I send 7896 I see 786

The 2 and 9 always fail when it is a single digit.

The 4 only fails occasionally.

If I send 2222 I see 22

If I send 9999 I see 99

If I send 4444 I see 44

I used IRHELPER (a freeware tool) and I can learn and send all the codes no problem. Any ideas why some codes get dropped?

I also have some a couple of questions:

What does the retry count and inter-command delay do? Neither seems to have any effect on the IR behavior.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom