[Blog] Music Section gets some TLC (1 Viewer)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Music Section gets some TLC

To create an album by date view you can create a view like this
album | sort by date desc
tracks | sort by track

If you do this type of view, you get a date sorting by album released date (year IDTag parameter) and not by database adding data. I think it could be a good think to have the two parameters in th future to avoid confusion!

In 1.2 you can use parameters to open up music plugin. This means that (dependent on skin) you can set a link to open music at the same view each time.

Good news! I'll wait for 1.2 Beta :D

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Music Section gets some TLC

To create an album by date view you can create a view like this
    album | sort by date desc
    tracks | sort by track

If you do this type of view, you get a date sorting by album released date (year IDTag parameter) and not by database adding data. I think it could be a good think to have the two parameters in th future to avoid confusion!
    In that case this is one of the things I fixed in 1.2 :)
    There is now certainly a date and a year sort by option. Year will sort by year ID3 tag and date will sort by date added to database

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Music Section gets some TLC

In that case this is one of the things I fixed in 1.2 :)
    There is now certainly a date and a year sort by option. Year will sort by year ID3 tag and date will sort by date added to database

Good news! Thank you for your job! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok .. Thanks for the suggestion about the screensaver..i went and deliberately unticked the screensaver on a fresh install ( no joy ..same issue ) and the issue within 40 seconds now so I did a full Mediaportal uninstall and then clean install x64 Mediaportal 1.30 and clean rebuild of databases.....still having this issue and I...
    Ok .. Thanks for the suggestion about the screensaver..i went and deliberately unticked the screensaver on a fresh install ( no joy...
    Hi, I use Mediaportal 1 a lot and have created a lot of Fanart jpegs for my music soundtracks but just in the last 2 weeks I have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom