Improvement Suggestions (23 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
Started on: 2007-09-15 last update: Summary:Add a GUI setup in the tvplugin Description: I would like to do some channel management from MediaPortal with a remote: we could make an update manually we could choose witch channels are in the channel list or not we could add and manage channel groups we could rename the...
Started on: 2007-09-15 last update: Summary:Add a GUI setup in the tvplugin Description: I would like to do some channel...
Started on: 2007-09-15 last update: Summary:Add a GUI setup in the tvplugin Description: I would like to do some channel...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, Is it possible to add a option, to start a application directly w/o choosing a parameter first e.g. for mame32. I am looking for a way to start a *.bat file with the "My Applications" Plugin, currently it's not possible.... Currently there is no application that accepts a .bat file as parameter and exec it.... Thanks in...
Hi, Is it possible to add a option, to start a application directly w/o choosing a parameter first e.g. for mame32. I am...
Hi, Is it possible to add a option, to start a application directly w/o choosing a parameter first e.g. for mame32. I am...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
recently i noticed the advantages of the MyNews plugin. i used it before, but now i have a lot of feeds to 'take care off' while live TV is playing in the background. anyway, is this plugin still under further construction or someone maintening it? i would like to ask for two things then: - it would be great if there were 'up'...
recently i noticed the advantages of the MyNews plugin. i used it before, but now i have a lot of feeds to 'take care off' while...
recently i noticed the advantages of the MyNews plugin. i used it before, but now i have a lot of feeds to 'take care off' while...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a suggestion regarding whe WebEPG mapping. It whould be nice if the entries in the Channels.xml file had a parent "Country name" where every channel entry to include only the channels relevant to your country. It takes a very very long time with lots of scrolling back and forth through irrelevant channels eto map...
Hi. I have a suggestion regarding whe WebEPG mapping. It whould be nice if the entries in the Channels.xml file had a parent...
Hi. I have a suggestion regarding whe WebEPG mapping. It whould be nice if the entries in the Channels.xml file had a parent...
Replies
Views
I would like to suggest that when all cards are busy, and the "no card" is available message is shown, that the user is shown a list of all channels/cards currently in use, and is given the option to "override" one of the cards and watch what they want. e.g. on my singleseat sometimes because of things I have set to record, my GF...
I would like to suggest that when all cards are busy, and the "no card" is available message is shown, that the user is shown a...
I would like to suggest that when all cards are busy, and the "no card" is available message is shown, that the user is shown a...
Replies
Views
A
I'd like the ability to define an external shortcut within Media Portal so we can exectute external scripts or executables. This way I can use media portal as a true front end ala myHTPC. Another related request would be to the ability to define Topbar functions. For example, I'd like to in the future define the exit top bar to...
I'd like the ability to define an external shortcut within Media Portal so we can exectute external scripts or executables. This...
I'd like the ability to define an external shortcut within Media Portal so we can exectute external scripts or executables. This...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the backspace key? the button could named "clear", ithink :)) greets Agree
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
M
As I use my mouse to navigate through MP, I sometimes find it difficult when going through a scroll list when the right button keeps jumping about. eg in the TVguide (but there a couple of other places as well) is it possible for the positions to be fixed??
As I use my mouse to navigate through MP, I sometimes find it difficult when going through a scroll list when the right button...
As I use my mouse to navigate through MP, I sometimes find it difficult when going through a scroll list when the right button...
Replies
Views
M
First i have to say that i´m not sure if it only doesn´t work for me. Description: I use the inbuild movie part (no special plugin). I´ve some movies that come with subtitel-files like. *.idx and/or *.sub. For example: testmovie.avi testmovie.idx testmovie.sub Now, when i delete the movie, only the "testmovie.avi" will...
First i have to say that i´m not sure if it only doesn´t work for me. Description: I use the inbuild movie part (no special...
First i have to say that i´m not sure if it only doesn´t work for me. Description: I use the inbuild movie part (no special...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2014-09-24 last update: 2014-09-24 Summary: Add function (#makefilename) in Skin Expressions, which will return a string with no characters that are not allowed in filenames or directories. Ie will run function MakeDirectoryPath of Core/Util/Util.cs. This function is required for the normal display ClearArt / CDArt etc...
Started on: 2014-09-24 last update: 2014-09-24 Summary: Add function (#makefilename) in Skin Expressions, which will return a...
Started on: 2014-09-24 last update: 2014-09-24 Summary: Add function (#makefilename) in Skin Expressions, which will return a...
Replies
Views
Not choose the only hit atomaticly when searching for movie information Hallo When i search for movie information ( add it to the movie database) inside MP, and it gets only one hit. It take this by it self, and begin to download. This is VERY irritating if the are a wrong title. I would want to have it so it show the list with...
Not choose the only hit atomaticly when searching for movie information Hallo When i search for movie information ( add it to...
Not choose the only hit atomaticly when searching for movie information Hallo When i search for movie information ( add it to...
Replies
Views
The xmltv.dvd specifies the quality tag. It would be nice if WebEPG could support this. The information is available in the program description of Swedish grabbers so I'd like to use something like: <Searches> <Search match="Samsänds i SVT HD" field="#QUALITY" remove="false"/> </Searches> in the grabber...
The xmltv.dvd specifies the quality tag. It would be nice if WebEPG could support this. The information is available in the...
The xmltv.dvd specifies the quality tag. It would be nice if WebEPG could support this. The information is available in the...
Replies
Views
Weeks ago, I suggested that MP would have photos, music and video files together under one menu.I take photos & videos with my digital camera and I leave this files in the same folder, but I must return to root menu for to see all the media files of the same travel. Yesterday I installed iTunes for downloading audio podcast and...
Weeks ago, I suggested that MP would have photos, music and video files together under one menu.I take photos & videos with my...
Weeks ago, I suggested that MP would have photos, music and video files together under one menu.I take photos & videos with my...
Replies
Views
hi, i downloaded the source code from Download GNU tarball via link SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] Index of /trunk/mediaportal open mediaportal.sln vis visual studio 2005, when i configure my "regional and language options" as English(US), everything works fine. however, when i configure "regional and language...
hi, i downloaded the source code from Download GNU tarball via link SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] Index of...
hi, i downloaded the source code from Download GNU tarball via link SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] Index of...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Copy button DE
Hi! Is it possible to have a copy button for my video and my music to copy for exemple all the mp3 in the cd-rom to the my music directory? Thx for your work it's best htpc gui a ever use !
Hi! Is it possible to have a copy button for my video and my music to copy for exemple all the mp3 in the cd-rom to the my music...
Hi! Is it possible to have a copy button for my video and my music to copy for exemple all the mp3 in the cd-rom to the my music...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Summary: Allow TV Server to call a .bat/.exe file regularly to update the EPG Area: TV Server Plugin: XMLTV Description: There is already an option under TV Server/Plugins XMLTV to scedule grabbing tvguide xml file via a url. A lot of users use a .exe or .bat file to repopulate their epg. They then have to setup a task in...
Summary: Allow TV Server to call a .bat/.exe file regularly to update the EPG Area: TV Server Plugin: XMLTV Description...
Summary: Allow TV Server to call a .bat/.exe file regularly to update the EPG Area: TV Server Plugin: XMLTV Description...
Replies
Views
It would be great if you could integrate the HDHomeRun into supported Tuners... :thx:
It would be great if you could integrate the HDHomeRun into supported Tuners... :thx:
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-06-20 last update: Summary: Enabling the use of graphedit graph files to make MP use specific codecs for playback. Advanced feature that would be optional. Description: Hi all! This topic is something that is related to many threads in the video section. People have problems configuring MP to use the right codecs...
Started on: 2007-06-20 last update: Summary: Enabling the use of graphedit graph files to make MP use specific codecs for...
Started on: 2007-06-20 last update: Summary: Enabling the use of graphedit graph files to make MP use specific codecs for...
Replies
Views
Started on: 2008-12-21 last update: 2008-12-21 Summary:Integrated auto playlist support Description:It would be great if it was possible to have auto playlist support integrated into the main MP playlist module. This would enable users to select playlist from the main My Music screen and load a auto playlist in the same way as...
Started on: 2008-12-21 last update: 2008-12-21 Summary:Integrated auto playlist support Description:It would be great if it...
Started on: 2008-12-21 last update: 2008-12-21 Summary:Integrated auto playlist support Description:It would be great if it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Simple, as the title says: would be awesome if this could be achieved. If not in MP1, what about MP2? P.
Hi guys, Simple, as the title says: would be awesome if this could be achieved. If not in MP1, what about MP2? P.
Replies
Views
Started on: 2007-07-08 last update: 2007-07-08 Summary: Auto leave empty folder in tv recordings after deleting the last recording in a folder for a series, deleting whole folders of recordings, extended day selections for recording schedules. Area: Handling of recorded tv list and recording schedule options Description: I've got...
Started on: 2007-07-08 last update: 2007-07-08 Summary: Auto leave empty folder in tv recordings after deleting the last recording...
Started on: 2007-07-08 last update: 2007-07-08 Summary: Auto leave empty folder in tv recordings after deleting the last recording...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 auto reencode DE
Started on: 2007-08-12 last update: 2007-08-12 Summary: Auto re-encode channels using VLC for lower bandwith usage Description: It would be great if you could set for some channels to be auto encoded for lower bandwitdth usage...for example with h264.... I think it would be easy to do with VLC...
Started on: 2007-08-12 last update: 2007-08-12 Summary: Auto re-encode channels using VLC for lower bandwith usage...
Started on: 2007-08-12 last update: 2007-08-12 Summary: Auto re-encode channels using VLC for lower bandwith usage...
Replies
Views
What i am trying to say is that mediaporta tv-server is way to hard to understand for regular computer users. For me it was hard to get it to work since i am in North America i had do do many things to get it to work correctly most of my problems got solved by reading forum posts. This shouldn't be like this you should be able to set...
What i am trying to say is that mediaporta tv-server is way to hard to understand for regular computer users. For me it was hard to...
What i am trying to say is that mediaporta tv-server is way to hard to understand for regular computer users. For me it was hard to...
Replies
Views
A
1) MUSIC: MOVE ITEMS IN PLAYLIST UP/DOWN. Just the way you can in winamp. Scenario: You browse your folders for songs and when you encounter the one you want to play you cue it up, while another song is still playing. Now you already got 10 songs in cue, but you dont want them to play in order they were added. So this is simply...
1) MUSIC: MOVE ITEMS IN PLAYLIST UP/DOWN. Just the way you can in winamp. Scenario: You browse your folders for songs and when you...
1) MUSIC: MOVE ITEMS IN PLAYLIST UP/DOWN. Just the way you can in winamp. Scenario: You browse your folders for songs and when you...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 My News Alteration DE
Perhaps it might be nice to be able to select which RSS feed you want to use when you actually click on my news. i.e. when you click mytv instead of it going to your first feed it could simply goto a screen which displays all of the feeds you have setup you would then just click on the feed you want and it would open it?
Perhaps it might be nice to be able to select which RSS feed you want to use when you actually click on my news. i.e. when you...
Perhaps it might be nice to be able to select which RSS feed you want to use when you actually click on my news. i.e. when you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 tv guide scrolling DE
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature that hopefully can be added, but when I scroll down the channels in the TV guide it loops from my last channel back to the first channel (which is great). But if I try to scroll up the channels, I can't go from my first (channel 2) and scroll up to see my last channel (Ch. 77). If I am on...
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature that hopefully can be added, but when I scroll down the channels in the TV guide it...
I don't know if this is a bug or a feature that hopefully can be added, but when I scroll down the channels in the TV guide it...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 customizable menu DE
Started on: 2007-04-23 last update: 2007-04-23 Summary: the ablity to place menu items in various menu levels should be implemented Area: home menu Description: the possibilities to alter the home menu is very rudimentary up till now. for instance i would like to have a button for firefox in the top level menu, another...
Started on: 2007-04-23 last update: 2007-04-23 Summary: the ablity to place menu items in various menu levels should be...
Started on: 2007-04-23 last update: 2007-04-23 Summary: the ablity to place menu items in various menu levels should be...
Replies
Views
Started on: 09-15-2007 last update: Never Summary: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition interactive TV/ Online spotlight support Area: New feature Description: Can you guys add support for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition interactive TV channels like the one seen here...
Started on: 09-15-2007 last update: Never Summary: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition interactive TV/ Online spotlight...
Started on: 09-15-2007 last update: Never Summary: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition interactive TV/ Online spotlight...
Replies
Views
Hi, i standart using 1024x768 but if i need play HDTV 1920x1080 video i must up too resolution. What automatic after start Media portal set defined resolution@hz? 0K!AS
Hi, i standart using 1024x768 but if i need play HDTV 1920x1080 video i must up too resolution. What automatic after start Media...
Hi, i standart using 1024x768 but if i need play HDTV 1920x1080 video i must up too resolution. What automatic after start Media...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I don't know whether I should post here. I own Pinnacle DV/AV capture card and I would like to request capture card support for this card. Is it possible? Hopful peecz :thx:
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I don't know whether I should post here. I own Pinnacle DV/AV capture card and I would like to...
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I don't know whether I should post here. I own Pinnacle DV/AV capture card and I would like to...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom