Improvement Suggestions (39 Viewers)

You have an idea how MediaPortal could be improved? Post it in here.
A
MP1 MP2 My Alarm DE
I thought to get my hands wet with media portal I would program this plugin. see my post in the plugins devel forum. http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1369
I thought to get my hands wet with media portal I would program this plugin. see my post in the plugins devel forum...
can someone create an optional plugin "My Alarm" I use a program called Banshee Screamer Alarm, probably among the best alarm...
Replies
Views
A
The only bug is, if you switch back to EPG with TV in the preview, EPG is on the first chennel. If you then press X, the first chennle starts. Very nerving if you´re watching channel 25 and first have to scroll down to this chennel.
The only bug is, if you switch back to EPG with TV in the preview, EPG is on the first chennel. If you then press X, the first...
A Button in the Recordmenu to switch directly from the TVGuide to the LiveTV to see a program. My english is not good sory
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RSS Feed DE
Are these feeds kept up to date?
Are these feeds kept up to date?
Hi, why not have the news (of MP) as an RSS feed so we can view this inside MP. Eric
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
hehe, thank you. Yes, I love the pixel ratio in mediaportal :)) It was one of the first things I nagged frodo about putting in :)
hehe, thank you. Yes, I love the pixel ratio in mediaportal :)) It was one of the first things I nagged frodo about putting in :)
Hi, This is going to be a bit long-winded so please bear with me... I have a widescreen TV and subsequently I use Media...
Replies
Views
A
Well you pay for their product - which is not needed for MediaPortal (I was just using them as an example). All the streams are free, they have just collected them for use in their product. It should not be that hard to collect a decent number of them from that app and searching on Google.
Well you pay for their product - which is not needed for MediaPortal (I was just using them as an example). All the streams are...
It would really be nice to have a My InternetTV Plugin that you can set up different publically avaliable streams. Holersoft has...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the backspace key? the button could named "clear", ithink :)) greets Agree
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Dear MrMario64, could a button on the virtual keyboards added to clear the text at once instead of pressing some times the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
In order to create the best HTPC software it is important to keep an eye on the competitors ;)
In order to create the best HTPC software it is important to keep an eye on the competitors ;)
The German and half English translated free (not open source) HTPC alternative "TVOON" is very rich in features. If anyone have the...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
... waeberd will try out........ you have a pm about a db migration tool, perhaps we can do something for.... greetz
... waeberd will try out........ you have a pm about a db migration tool, perhaps we can do something for.... greetz
How about integrating support for MAME ardcade games? http://www.mame.net All those long lost classic arcade games can be...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
Indeed as mentioned the slower CPU users will be none too happy if it was default. DMAN
Indeed as mentioned the slower CPU users will be none too happy if it was default. DMAN
any of you see tivo's interface and how it has an animated background that makes it look snazzy? if you want to take attention...
Replies
Views
A
Thanks. I wanted to do that exactly, but I didn't had the credentials.
Thanks. I wanted to do that exactly, but I didn't had the credentials.
Dear all, the mantis db has logged bug 0000075 about TV standard presets not being used for SVHS and composite channels. I...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
just hit alt+enter and then minimize its not that much of a hassle
just hit alt+enter and then minimize its not that much of a hassle
I've mentioned this before, but would like to see it since I use my Mediaportal machine as a HTPC and a regular PC. Would like to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
k, reported http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000073 Frodo
k, reported http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000073 Frodo
It seems that while watching TV in timeshifting mode and you want to change a TV channel , you have to wait for the timeshifted...
Replies
Views
A
With Kernel Streaming the windows volumecontrol etc. will be bypassed. With Kernel streaming the audio PCM data (from Harddisk) will be directly send to the soundcard driver. So if you make a secure cd-rip with, for example Exact Audio Copy, and plays it through Kernel Streaming to SPDIF, you get a 100% exact bit copy to your...
With Kernel Streaming the windows volumecontrol etc. will be bypassed. With Kernel streaming the audio PCM data (from Harddisk)...
Is it possible to add Kernel streaming code to the music output? As a high end music listener with external DAC would this be...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Kazaa Plugin DE
plugins means for me not lanch a programm i will have 1 over all same looking system and not programms witch comes up....
plugins means for me not lanch a programm i will have 1 over all same looking system and not programms witch comes up....
I got another one, that i can find stuff @ kazaa..... greetz no. 4 Sonic*
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 Internet (1 Viewer) DE
oh sorry that u work arround, but firefox is no option for me. Like 2 see if u can make it with the IE NooTe Thx Sonic*
oh sorry that u work arround, but firefox is no option for me. Like 2 see if u can make it with the IE NooTe Thx Sonic*
Hola, maybe include a browser like in myHTPC simpleBrowser. Greets sonic*
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 MSN and Co DE
This has already been mentioned in a previous thread. Please try to build on existing threads by doing a search. Better to collect everyting in one :) http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=453&highlight=msn
This has already been mentioned in a previous thread. Please try to build on existing threads by doing a search. Better to collect...
and my last wish is that i like 2 chat at te programm with web cam. Also i like skype for phoning friends. And again greeets...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
MP1 MP2 myMusic: search! DE
Until then you can already change the view in MyMusic to show the music by Artist/Album/Genre. So if you are showing the music by Artist the music is sorted alphabetically by artist. This way you can still find the artist you are looking for relatively quick.
Until then you can already change the view in MyMusic to show the music by Artist/Album/Genre. So if you are showing the music...
I'm missing a SEARCH function that finds mp3's... * global search * search by artist * search by song name etc. Hopefully...
Replies
Views
A
I use MyTheatre to watch TV and I would like to be able to use the TV Guide from MP to change channels and to schedule recordings. MyTheatre has a command line interface to change channels and to record. Would it be possible to had a generic option to the TV Guide where we can configure the action for channel change or record to...
I use MyTheatre to watch TV and I would like to be able to use the TV Guide from MP to change channels and to schedule recordings...
I use MyTheatre to watch TV and I would like to be able to use the TV Guide from MP to change channels and to schedule recordings...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
this will mean you won't be able to load playlists anymore! but as some do not use this it should be a choise indeed added as bug http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000063
this will mean you won't be able to load playlists anymore! but as some do not use this it should be a choise indeed added as...
I want to be able to disable playlists from appearing. I cannot find a setting anywhere. I looked at the extensions for music in...
Replies
Views
A
added as bug http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000061
added as bug http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000061
i would rather have a larger album art displayed than a WMP An option to control the size of album art and disable the mini WMP...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 Shell DE
would there be a way to port this into a windowblinds skin or a windows shell?
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 right click on icon DE
I think this will solve a few people's issues. A context menu on right click in my music. The menu would have the following items: Queue it up Queue it up recursive This way users can add anything to the playlist from any level, wether they have folders by album, artist, genre whatever. It works with anyones mentality...
I think this will solve a few people's issues. A context menu on right click in my music. The menu would have the following...
I think this will solve a few people's issues. A context menu on right click in my music. The menu would have the following...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
I think that would be great if you could stream the trailers directly...
I think that would be great if you could stream the trailers directly...
Hi there poeple! I've seen all the talk about the apple.com trailers and it sounds awesome. I had a thought if its possible...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 My music views... DE
I am currently using Showshifter along with MP. WhenI ,after pushing lots of buttons, get accees to my music files I see all my covers and at the bottom I see the title and artist name. I doesnt care about which folder it is placed in as long as it is tagged. All my tunes are tagged and placed in folders according to how Itunes does...
I am currently using Showshifter along with MP. WhenI ,after pushing lots of buttons, get accees to my music files I see all my...
I am currently using Showshifter along with MP. WhenI ,after pushing lots of buttons, get accees to my music files I see all my...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
This thread is sort of closed :wink: The bugs 1),3),4) were problems of my installation and not reproducable. For 2) I have opened a new thread with some additional requests here: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1113 tomtom21000
This thread is sort of closed :wink: The bugs 1),3),4) were problems of my installation and not reproducable. For 2) I have...
Yes, it is me again. :wink: Don´t worry, only a minor request this time ( actually they are two requests) and of course it is for...
Replies
Views
Yeah, and that's great. But nevertheless i'll help testing the integrated player on my weak system! Patric
Yeah, and that's great. But nevertheless i'll help testing the integrated player on my weak system! Patric
After a short discussion with Mario on IRC yesterday I had to put up this feature request for Frodo: For multiple-file movies...
Replies
Views
Wow! Sounds great, just need some1 to make a plugin that looks for all www.apple.com trailer sites. Im not quite sure how it can be done, but when theres a will... These sites have randomly named and broken up pics, so its probably not possible to bring up a .JPG lookup for each individual movie. Unless its already on IMDB...
Wow! Sounds great, just need some1 to make a plugin that looks for all www.apple.com trailer sites. Im not quite sure how it...
How about a Movie Theater / Movie Times plugin or feature that would list local theaters and what is showing/times and IMDB info on...
Replies
Views
A
current weather :)
current weather :)
a graphic displaying the weather "sunny 80degrees" or something wherever there is room. it would make the front page more attractive.
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
A
MP1 MP2 mame request DE
The problem is comming up with a generic way of doing it so that if db for N64 Nes SNes (for example) were available, then they also could be used. Also, I'd need to integrate a files db for this to work right as re-parsing all of the files would lead to unacceptable slow downs.
The problem is comming up with a generic way of doing it so that if db for N64 Nes SNes (for example) were available, then they...
it would be nice if 'my programs' was able to read the filename and display the full title of the game instead of the 8 character...
Replies
Views
A
Namely, animated GIFs dont animate. Its just like Media Portal's forebearer, XBMC, it only displays the first frame. It'd be nice if animated GIFs looped their animations.
Namely, animated GIFs dont animate. Its just like Media Portal's forebearer, XBMC, it only displays the first frame. It'd be nice...
Namely, animated GIFs dont animate. Its just like Media Portal's forebearer, XBMC, it only displays the first frame. It'd be nice...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Top Bottom