Newcomers Forum (51 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
J
MP1 MP2 jonny76 DE
I am trying to play an asx video playlist in mediaportal but cannot seem to figure out a way to do so any help would be greatfully received. thanks
I am trying to play an asx video playlist in mediaportal but cannot seem to figure out a way to do so any help would be greatfully...
I am trying to play an asx video playlist in mediaportal but cannot seem to figure out a way to do so any help would be greatfully...
Replies
Views
jonathan76
J
MP1 MP2 What do I install? DE
Hello and welcome! :) You can use either MP1 or MP2. There's no hard and fast or obvious choice. Both are compatible with W10. Both can be made to support your tuner. It really depends on your personal appetite for tinkering. ;) MP1 is the more "mature" option. Most things should just work, and there is a wiki full of information...
Hello and welcome! :) You can use either MP1 or MP2. There's no hard and fast or obvious choice. Both are compatible with W10...
I have just purchased a new HP notebook running windows 10 64 bit & was previously using WMC on my old computer. I plan to use a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 thread DE
started thread " tv picture" on this forum no reply since my last post, I can see you guys are lookin real busy tho, when someone gets some time please help
started thread " tv picture" on this forum no reply since my last post, I can see you guys are lookin real busy tho, when someone...
started thread " tv picture" on this forum no reply since my last post, I can see you guys are lookin real busy tho, when someone...
Replies
Views
T
Have you ever tried a calibration DVD ? I know people have used them for setting up dlp/lcd projectors in homes but never used on a an lcd screen tv. Here is a link - Digital Video Essentials
Have you ever tried a calibration DVD ? I know people have used them for setting up dlp/lcd projectors in homes but never used...
Having some difficulty figuring this out. I'm looking at the color on video outputted by my computer using ffmpeg and the same...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new to mediaportal, and I am trying to get my laptop to receive terrestial tv on my laptop. No matter what antenna I use mediaportal does not pick up any channels, analogue or digital. My card is AverMedia A306. I am from Bulgaria, I think this may be the problem. Is Bulgarian TV supported by mediaportal? Or...
Hi, I am new to mediaportal, and I am trying to get my laptop to receive terrestial tv on my laptop. No matter what antenna...
Hi, I am new to mediaportal, and I am trying to get my laptop to receive terrestial tv on my laptop. No matter what antenna...
Replies
Views
U
Hello, first, I want to you thank you all for your work. MediaPortal is great! My problem: I have updated my HTPC to MP 1.2.2.0 and now I miss the skin Blue3Wide. Is it possible to convert it to the new version of MP? Could anybody tell me how? Thank you very much.
Hello, first, I want to you thank you all for your work. MediaPortal is great! My problem: I have updated my HTPC to MP 1.2.2.0...
Hello, first, I want to you thank you all for your work. MediaPortal is great! My problem: I have updated my HTPC to MP 1.2.2.0...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
MP1 MP2 MP Config Freezz DE
I have a problem after installing version 1.0.2 I can not run the machine configurations total program freezes during startup - configuration.exe has version 1.0.2.22555 -
I have a problem after installing version 1.0.2 I can not run the machine configurations total program freezes during startup -...
I have a problem after installing version 1.0.2 I can not run the machine configurations total program freezes during startup -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Keyboard Help DE
AW: Keyboard Help Hello. Start MP config in Expert mode, go to General, there you 'll find the item "keyboard shortcuts".
AW: Keyboard Help Hello. Start MP config in Expert mode, go to General, there you 'll find the item "keyboard shortcuts".
Can someone attempt to point me in the right direction in terms of using the keyboard in MP, as the only key I find working is the...
Replies
Views
MP forum doesnt allow more nick when there is more than 1 HTPC system why? is it any reason of the universe? so do I have to change system spec. all the time when there are bugs? is here any a little smarter guy than the admin who can explain me it? I really wonder :-O thank you
MP forum doesnt allow more nick when there is more than 1 HTPC system why? is it any reason of the universe? so do I have...
MP forum doesnt allow more nick when there is more than 1 HTPC system why? is it any reason of the universe? so do I have...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hi From Indiana DE
Welcome ... nice to have you aboard :)
Welcome ... nice to have you aboard :)
Hi This is just a general I am here now message.... My buddy wants me to make this work..... Soooooo Be prepared for...
Replies
Views
C
MP1 MP2 CI- Modul DE
hallo zusammen, ich habe ein probem mit meinem ci modul, es schaltet sich nicht automatisch frei. sei der computer an oder aus spielt keine rolle, da auch mittem im fernsehschauen plötzlich die kanäle verschlüsselt sind. das CI modul ist ein conax von technisat, eigentl'ich origal vom kabelanbieter. weiss hier jemand eine lösung...
hallo zusammen, ich habe ein probem mit meinem ci modul, es schaltet sich nicht automatisch frei. sei der computer an oder aus...
hallo zusammen, ich habe ein probem mit meinem ci modul, es schaltet sich nicht automatisch frei. sei der computer an oder aus...
Replies
Views
Chris75
C
Hi there; I use the ultrax remote with the current plugin version but it's no compatible with the new 1.2 version of mediaportal. Is anyone able to recompile the plugin for the new version?, I tried to contact the developer but no answer yet. Thank you in advance. P.S.: Or may be is time to buy another remote model?
Hi there; I use the ultrax remote with the current plugin version but it's no compatible with the new 1.2 version of...
Hi there; I use the ultrax remote with the current plugin version but it's no compatible with the new 1.2 version of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Upload pictures DE
Many thanks
Many thanks
Is it possible to upload pictures as I have a screen shoot of this issue I am trying to solve. imk...
Replies
Views
Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 smilies DE
great timing. I told her i got it changed for her.
great timing. I told her i got it changed for her.
I was just wrinting a reply to someone on another forum regarding rules for what constitutes a duplicate recording for a tv...
Replies
Views
M
Not quite sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I'm trying to find who worked on HCWIRBlaster.cs because I'm trying to implement some of my own IR commands in a separate project and am running into some issues. I found the file here...
Not quite sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I'm trying to find who worked on HCWIRBlaster.cs because I'm trying to...
Not quite sure if this is the proper place to ask, but I'm trying to find who worked on HCWIRBlaster.cs because I'm trying to...
Replies
Views
M
U
Hi All, I have a small issue with playlists generated by Mediaportal. The movies are DVD format (video_ts etc), when added to a playlist, appear as normal, but when playing the movie will not advance throught the playlist. The movies are differnt lengths, and vary in time from 10 mins to 30 mins. I have looked on the forum, and...
Hi All, I have a small issue with playlists generated by Mediaportal. The movies are DVD format (video_ts etc), when added to a...
Hi All, I have a small issue with playlists generated by Mediaportal. The movies are DVD format (video_ts etc), when added to a...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
U
I have a strange problem and i hope someone can help me with this. Original dvd rips plays fine no probs what so ever but.......... Most dvd's i watch have custom build subtitles by thirt party's and those subs does not work.....i can select them but they don't appear. I'm forced to watch those dvd's with vlc player, this player...
I have a strange problem and i hope someone can help me with this. Original dvd rips plays fine no probs what so ever...
I have a strange problem and i hope someone can help me with this. Original dvd rips plays fine no probs what so ever...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
U
Hello, Before I try Mediaportal I would like to know it it finally supports DISEQC commands for cascaded switches (commited)? If not then I will find another software for my HTPC. Thanks.
Hello, Before I try Mediaportal I would like to know it it finally supports DISEQC commands for cascaded switches (commited)? If...
Hello, Before I try Mediaportal I would like to know it it finally supports DISEQC commands for cascaded switches (commited)? If...
Replies
Views
Unregistered
U
Hi! I recently noticed that MePo supports chapters in MKV files. I tried to map this feature to my remote's DVD Menu button, but the closest action I found is Context Menu. Is there any other way to do this? Would be very useful for concert videos. Thanks! vrm
Hi! I recently noticed that MePo supports chapters in MKV files. I tried to map this feature to my remote's DVD Menu button, but...
Hi! I recently noticed that MePo supports chapters in MKV files. I tried to map this feature to my remote's DVD Menu button, but...
Replies
Views
can i play a pc game on one screen and have mediaportal fully working on 2nd screen so user on screen 1can play game use mouse etc user on screen 2 can use remote at the same time view tv and all the mediaportal goodies.
can i play a pc game on one screen and have mediaportal fully working on 2nd screen so user on screen 1can play game use mouse etc...
can i play a pc game on one screen and have mediaportal fully working on 2nd screen so user on screen 1can play game use mouse etc...
Replies
Views
Google translation: Dear forum, Is there a way to display recording conflicts when TV recordings overlap. I was always warned about this with WMC, but unfortunately MP2.5 doesn't do this. If being warned about recording conflicts is essential to you, you might want to try MP 1.33 (just released). MP version 1 has had recording...
Google translation: Dear forum, Is there a way to display recording conflicts when TV recordings overlap. I was always warned...
Liebes Forum, gibt es eine Möglichkeit sich Aufnahmekonflikte bei überlappenden TV-Aufnahmen anzeigen zu lassen. Bei WMC wurde ich...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Trying to add ripped dvd's to MP2 (2 Viewers) DE
Please check the wiki, which explains how to prepare and use MP2. If files are stored as mp4, mkv, avi, ... does not really matter.
Please check the wiki, which explains how to prepare and use MP2. If files are stored as mp4, mkv, avi, ... does not really matter.
I am running MP2 on a computer running Windows 10 Pro. When I start MP2 I see a screen displaying square images to the left ...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom