Newcomers Forum (29 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
Same error when recording under standard user Hi, i got the same message, when i try to record a tv movie under VISTA with a non administrator account. Are you using vista? Try to start MP with adminstrator rights "Run as administor..." Andreas
Same error when recording under standard user Hi, i got the same message, when i try to record a tv movie under VISTA with a...
Hi all, Possibly something really simple (i hope) but im just setting mediaportal up, have run the setup wizard and then when...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Silverstone GD02 DE
The GD02 is a brand new case from Silverstone with a 4.3" touch screen model available. Opinions on this size screen? I only plan to use the box for music server into the main stereo. Will MP work with that size screen with any real degree of usability? Thanks in advance before I buy.
The GD02 is a brand new case from Silverstone with a 4.3" touch screen model available. Opinions on this size screen? I only...
The GD02 is a brand new case from Silverstone with a 4.3" touch screen model available. Opinions on this size screen? I only...
Replies
Views
hi there and welcome :) There are two ways to do this. The first is to search for the thread titled something like "How to get your TV card supported by MdiaPortal" and follow the instructions in that. Tis will get you going with the standard built in TV engine. The second (which I would recommend) is to use the new TV...
hi there and welcome :) There are two ways to do this. The first is to search for the thread titled something like "How to...
Hello MP team I have an Pinnacle PCTV Dual Hybrid Pro PCI Express. I think that the PCTV Dual hybrid pro PCI can work with...
Replies
Views
For some of the registry tweaks that you can play with, have a look at this link: http://www.cask-of-amontillado.com/pvr_reg.html Just be careful with some of the volume tweaks as they might stop your PVR 150 from working, it all depends on which driver versions you use.. TV2 is the TV functionality that is installed with...
For some of the registry tweaks that you can play with, have a look at this link...
Hi all Im tottaly new at this and i have search for an answer for this one. I tried Mp and i got really stuck for it it is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 set up possible? DE
Thanks for the info. I was just reading that those will not work with Windows XP Home edition. What other possibilities are there without having to built in a card (I use a notebook), just through the usb port? You mentioned Harmony. I would be interested in a good remote to control everything, which is not much: Marantz receiver...
Thanks for the info. I was just reading that those will not work with Windows XP Home edition. What other possibilities are there...
Hello, My wish is to view avi and other videofiles from an external harddisk on TV, sitting on the sofa with a remote in my hand...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MediaMonkey Help DE
Make sure in media-monkey you have it to save album art to mp3-tag. then in media portal config, tell it to use the embedded tag data for album cover preview. Another alternative automatic method, configure the audioscrobbler plugin (You'll find it in config list of all the plugins) it will read your database and grab artist and...
Make sure in media-monkey you have it to save album art to mp3-tag. then in media portal config, tell it to use the embedded tag...
Sorry if this is too basic a question but I just started out with MediaPortal and am having trouble with the MY MUSIC section. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hi All! DE
I guess I'm using MP for a year now.
I guess I'm using MP for a year now.
Hi all! I'm new on this forum. So.. let's introduce myself. My name is Wessel, i am 15 years old and i'm living in The...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hello Everyone DE
I too use the TV server and agree it is more reliable and generally better than the built in TV engine. I am a single seat setup (server and client on same PC), and i didn't find the setup particularly daunting - just follow the videos and you'll be setup within no time.
I too use the TV server and agree it is more reliable and generally better than the built in TV engine. I am a single seat setup...
Just posting to say hi. I have just assembled my Meda PC and am happy with it. Silverstone CW02 case Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P...
Replies
Views
Hello to Media portal people, I'm using media portal in France, It's an exellent soft...I have just a couple of issues with TV. I have a Pinnacle TV PC card Pro PCI that doesn't work well through media portal. This card works quite well with the soft from Pinnacle. The video and the sound are not simultaneous. (2 or 3...
Hello to Media portal people, I'm using media portal in France, It's an exellent soft...I have just a couple of issues with TV...
Hello to Media portal people, I'm using media portal in France, It's an exellent soft...I have just a couple of issues with TV...
Replies
Views
Well you should not remove the ID3 tags, you should correct them. if you want to use Music without correct tags, you should use the "Shares" view, which is a representation of the folder. All other views use the Music Database and need to have valid tags to work with.
Well you should not remove the ID3 tags, you should correct them. if you want to use Music without correct tags, you should use...
I have a many mp3 with wrong id3 tags (with tracker/site adress etc.) so ive decide to remove it a problem is - because MP...
Replies
Views
Not possible ATM, I believe. There is a thread about this somewhere (if I remember correctly there is a workaround or two). Do a forum-search.
Not possible ATM, I believe. There is a thread about this somewhere (if I remember correctly there is a workaround or two). Do a...
I'm getting blu-ray and hddvd drive(s) for my HTPC. I want to use mediaportal. Blu-ray and HDDVD works fine with Power DVD ultra...
Replies
Views
In Setup.exe --> Plugins --> Home [configuration]
In Setup.exe --> Plugins --> Home [configuration]
in HOME MP is date in format Year, Month, Day in my country a order should be Day, Month, Year or at last Year, Day, Month...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 my video thumnails DE
As far as I know, that is not currently possible.
As far as I know, that is not currently possible.
When i goto my video and select small or large icon from the view, the icon shows up but the title of the movie is only half there...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, After a long search for software for my HTPC (Windows and Linux) I choose MP. It was the better and faster off all. The main feature that I love (Compeering with MCE) is the way that you can browse mp3’s. Thanks a lot all you programmers for your work. Although I have some “features” that I was not able to...
Hello everybody, After a long search for software for my HTPC (Windows and Linux) I choose MP. It was the better and faster off...
Hello everybody, After a long search for software for my HTPC (Windows and Linux) I choose MP. It was the better and faster off...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Wish list DE
This has been around for a while. Check out the plugins section of MP. From memory it's installed by default. Sorry, I don't use it much so I can't remember much about it, but it did work well. there is a plug-in called MyBurner, which I also think is included by default. You need to configure it up by following the plug in...
This has been around for a while. Check out the plugins section of MP. From memory it's installed by default. Sorry, I don't use...
Hi there :-) Since we're getting closer and closer to Cristmas, here's a wish list from one newbie...(me) ;-) Wish list -...
Replies
Views
try to select aspect ration - stretch from the context menu (or i on remote). Does it make a difference?
try to select aspect ration - stretch from the context menu (or i on remote). Does it make a difference?
Hello, I'm a total newcomer to this HTPC world. I'm trying to evaluate MythTV and MediaPortal. I've installed MediaPortal and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Who can help me in the right direction. I want to start a certain playlist of radio station without turing on the tv via my keyboard (shotcut, example the F5 key = radio1, F6=radio2, F6=playlist "daytime"). How do i set this up, anyone have this working? Thanx, Peter
Hi, Who can help me in the right direction. I want to start a certain playlist of radio station without turing on the tv via my...
Hi, Who can help me in the right direction. I want to start a certain playlist of radio station without turing on the tv via my...
Replies
Views
Just in case this might help anybody: the capturecard defs for angel dual pci tuner given in the latest mediaportal stable release don't seem to work. the following modifications given by someone else here in the forums (sorry can't remember who) do work <capturecard commercialname="Angel Dual TV Tuner (Tuner 1)"...
Just in case this might help anybody: the capturecard defs for angel dual pci tuner given in the latest mediaportal stable...
Hi, I am a newbie and have been struggling to get media portal to work for many days now. Have been able to get my emuzed dual...
Replies
Views
Hi, Pressing the 'x' on the keyboard switches between GUI and fullscreen. I do not know if you are using a remote, it could be already mapped, otherwise you could map 'show GUI' for this. Pascal level20peon; you type faster.... :D
Hi, Pressing the 'x' on the keyboard switches between GUI and fullscreen. I do not know if you are using a remote, it could be...
I have MP 0230Final and a little problem with visualisation mp3 on fullscreen. Now when i want to fullscreen visualisation...
Replies
Views
XP/Vista 64 bit sounds nice But at the moment MP does not support it You can try & hack things around to get it work , but it still will be a 32bit application running on a 64bit OS A real 64bit version of MP is not planned at the moment Reason for this: - i don't think any of the team members currently have 64bit XP/Vista -...
XP/Vista 64 bit sounds nice But at the moment MP does not support it You can try & hack things around to get it work , but it still...
XP/Vista 64 bit sounds nice But at the moment MP does not support it You can try & hack things around to get it work , but it still...
Replies
Views
If you search the forums then you will find many request to port MediaPortal to Linux. Generally speaking this idea is good. But the Team MediaPortal simply does not have the required manpower to port MediaPortal to other operating systems and maintain this versions, since this is an opensource project. A few community members have...
If you search the forums then you will find many request to port MediaPortal to Linux. Generally speaking this idea is good. But...
If you search the forums then you will find many request to port MediaPortal to Linux. Generally speaking this idea is good. But...
Replies
Views
Recenly the MDAPI and 'softcam' discussion is getting a lot of attention again The MP team clearly stated their opinion and reasons about not to support the MDAPI here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=2438 Now lots of people dont like this policy and try to convince me and the team to add MDAPI support . (In...
Recenly the MDAPI and 'softcam' discussion is getting a lot of attention again The MP team clearly stated their opinion and reasons...
Recenly the MDAPI and 'softcam' discussion is getting a lot of attention again The MP team clearly stated their opinion and reasons...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom