0.2RC2 ? (3 Viewers)

rolfkunst

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Netherlands
Great!! Now we have something to look forward to. I know, I know, nothing is certain, but hey, lets be positive about it.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

The Mediaportal team decided to hold back MP 0.2
    Reason is that many users want a good/stable version and thats
    exactly what we are planning todo.

To get MP stable, we
    - dropped the .ts timeshifting since it was too buggy and went back to dvrms (dont worry, it will come back when its stabilized)
    - switched to .net 2.0
    - are rewriting unstable parts in mediaportal
    - and offcourse are testing a lot and fixing bugs

When will MP 0.2 be released ?
    My hopes are january, but there's no guarantee at this moment.

When will RC2 be released ?
    There will be another release candidate in december

Be sure to try a CVS version now & then and give us feedback whether things improve in YOUR situation or not.

Frodo

nigel_williams

Portal Member
    May 28, 2005
    So do the latest CVS builds require .Net V2 now? I un-installed v1.1 from my PC, rebooted and installed v2. I already had RC1 installed, so tried both Friday's and today's CVS builds and they both crash on startup.

Is there something else I need to do to get the CVS builds working?

ebk71

Portal Member
    May 16, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    nigel_williams said:
    So do the latest CVS builds require .Net V2 now? I un-installed v1.1 from my PC, rebooted and installed v2. I already had RC1 installed, so tried both Friday's and today's CVS builds and they both crash on startup.

Is there something else I need to do to get the CVS builds working?

Same here, crashes on mine to. Even after a complete new install of 0.2.
    Tips are welcome.

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Ive been having the same problems....since Thurs/Fri my CVS builds have been using 100% CPU just starting up.
    I had C#2003 installed until last week. Then I installed C# Express edition. Uninstalled .NET 1.1 and installed 2.0.
    Any ideas?

Czar63

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Padova, Italy
    Previously I used, and I'm still using, the Italian .net 1.1 and patches. Being no programmer I don't know whats the difference between english and localized versions.

Do we need to wait the localized version of .net 2 or should we start testing the english one?

Plz keep in mind that XP is in Italian too.

Bye

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    egonspengleruk said:
    Ive been having the same problems....since Thurs/Fri my CVS builds have been using 100% CPU just starting up.
    I had C#2003 installed until last week. Then I installed C# Express edition. Uninstalled .NET 1.1 and installed 2.0.
    Any ideas?
    Same here... :( I haven't found a solution for it, either.
    I was able to build MP successfully just after the switch to .Net 2.0 with Visual C# 2005 Express. But since friday, the builds still succeed without any warnings but they always use 100% CPU and completely hog my laptop. I tried removing the local build folder and did a completely new cvs checkout, but the problem remains.

I also tried installing a binary CVS snapshot from myshare.de. That version also consumes more CPU than the builds just after the .Net 2.0, but not as much as my own build. :(
    Just after the switch to .Net 2.0 my personal builds used less than 10% CPU while being idle at the home screen. The same goes for the binary CVS snapshots from just after the .Net switch.

Reviewing all this I conclude something has changed that increases the CPU load while being just on the home screen, but the difference between the binary CVS snapshots and my own builds must be due to some setup error? Any clues?

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread