0.2RC2 ? (1 Viewer)

rolfkunst

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Netherlands
nigel_williams said:
So do the latest CVS builds require .Net V2 now? I un-installed v1.1 from my PC, rebooted and installed v2. I already had RC1 installed, so tried both Friday's and today's CVS builds and they both crash on startup.

Is there something else I need to do to get the CVS builds working?

I didn't uninstall dotnet 1.1, I've just installed v2.0 over 1.1, didn't even had to reboot, all works fine for me.

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
December 18, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
rc2 with cvs 13-11-2005 :)

Wow guys what can I say.

After moving to .net 2 I was struggling with CVS downloads to get a stable app for a few days, but I carried on and today I got the last CVS for 13 nov

Now everthing is super smooth. The great work By SteveV on USBUIRT have allowed me to uninstall Girder and mykeys and my remote is super responsive. In fact any sane person would stop now and say this is it i'm happy.

But alas i am not sane and I am totally comitted to MP so i'll keep updating (with a backup ;)) and testing as the CVS versions roll out. :eek:

Frodo, I don't know what you changed this week but it's really coming on now, great work man 8)

Steve, you have made the USBUIRT (and the harmony remote) work so well I couldn't be happier.

I shall be re-volunteering to help with the testing as this program is getting stable and fast.

Well done guys MP truly rocks :D

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Just tracked my unresponsiveness down to CVS changed between Fri 11th (OK) to Sat 12th (100% CPU)
    The only files that have changed are :

TVCapture/DVBGraphBDA.cs
    TVCapture/Recorder.cs
    TVCapture/TVCaptureDeviceEx.cs

I dont understand how these could affect general MP main menu speed.....any ideas folks?

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    I tested to replace tvcapture.dll from the 11:th and then I do not have 100% cpu, so the bug is def in TvCapture somewhere.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Thanks frodo, for informing us.
    I just finished a fresh cvs checkout and rebuilt, but I still experience a 100% CPU load just @ the home screen. To me it feels the problem is a bit less than before though, since sometimes the load is just below 100%.

Kind regards,
    Michel

nigel_williams

Portal Member
    May 28, 2005
    So maybe it's not 100% pure .Net 2? There could be some 1.1 DLLs hanging around that it still requires?

I will try it on my laptop also. This machine still has 1.1 and 2.0.

Will try the new CVS builds also, thanks Frodo.

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    10 hours later I still don't have any updated files in the TvCapture dir, so I guess it takes longer than 4-5 hours.

frodo what did u change, so I can check when the update comes here.

//Lasse

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

AFAIK anonymous CVS isn't updated at all after 11-11-2005. So it seems something's wrong with it or the update process isn't working anymore.

Regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread