1.20 final does not update video duration automatically (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    MediaPortal Version: 1.20

Description
    Updated to 1.20 final and noticed it does not automatically update new video files duration. The duration appears only after the file is played back.

Downgraded to 1.19 - problem gone - the duration is updated automatically for all new files.

Could anybody else confirm the bug?

Thank you!

Steps to Reproduce:
    Upload one of few new video files into a video folder, navigate to that folder from Videos. New files will not show video duration, but the old file will.

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    Is there an easy way to apply this fix to 1.20 or I should wait for 1.21 release? I am not a developer, I can only edit text files and replace binary files.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Or, there is a bin to copy to your folder installation for testing here...
    I have tested this on my MP 1.20f system, and can report that it fixes the problem with the video duration not being shown for new files in the "Videos" section. (y)

For anyone else wanting to use this fix, please note that you must exit both MP and the MpTray utility. It is easy to forget the MpTray utility (I did!), but if you don't close it, Windows will not allow you to replace the DLLs (they remain "in use"). I also stopped TV Server, but I am not sure whether that is necessary. After replacing the DLLs, I suggest rebooting to get everything back to normal again.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    I can also confirm that after replacing Databases.dll and Core.dll the problem is resolved, thank you!!!

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    I noticed that exact same problem has re-appeared in my 1.23. No automatic update for new video files duration. The duration appears only after the file is played back. Could anybody else confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    greybox 1.20 final does not update video duration automatically 1.20 Pre Release 1
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.25 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 503
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.24 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 37
    azzuro [Action Required] MP 1.23 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 58
    badboyxx MP 1.22 final is crashing when jumping forward while playing DVD-Iso watch/edit Videos 26
    T Issues with MediaPortal not starting correctly using versions after 1.20 Final General Support 6
    ajs [Action Required] MP 1.22 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 83
    O [Action Required] MP 1.21 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 84
    regeszter [Action Required] MP 1.20 Final Release thread MediaPortal 1 43
    coolblue [solved] How to delete Recording? General 16
    T Moving Pictures error after update to 1.19 Final...logs included! Watch / Listen Media 6
    C Hauppauge HVR-1265 -- does it work with MP1? MediaPortal 1 Talk 1
    M [solved] WTV Files does not play on client, MPEG files works well General 1
    D Does Schedules Direct work with mp 1.24? General Support 3
    J [solved] Blu-ray disc playback does not work. Bugreports 13
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not shuffle Fanart Handler 20
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    horned_reaper [solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading Fanart Handler 272
    D [solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? General 5
    L [solved] Why does Mediaportal 2 need access to my webcam? General 2
    R Directx 9.0 June 2010 does not install on Windows 10 x64, ends up with weird failure / no debug file Installation, configuration support 0
    M What does MP homeserver detection need at the client end, and what does the server need to transmit? General 6
    R TV menu icon does not work to return from sub-menu item Submit: Bug Reports 4
    N [confirm] Calling RemoveScheduleForProgramAsync does not stop the recording if it is currently in progress MediaPortal 2 1
    drumrob Time does not fit in white space 1.22 Pre Release 6