1.20 final does not update video duration automatically (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.20

Description
    Updated to 1.20 final and noticed it does not automatically update new video files duration. The duration appears only after the file is played back.

Downgraded to 1.19 - problem gone - the duration is updated automatically for all new files.

Could anybody else confirm the bug?

Thank you!

Steps to Reproduce:
    Upload one of few new video files into a video folder, navigate to that folder from Videos. New files will not show video duration, but the old file will.

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there an easy way to apply this fix to 1.20 or I should wait for 1.21 release? I am not a developer, I can only edit text files and replace binary files.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Or, there is a bin to copy to your folder installation for testing here...
    I have tested this on my MP 1.20f system, and can report that it fixes the problem with the video duration not being shown for new files in the "Videos" section. (y)

For anyone else wanting to use this fix, please note that you must exit both MP and the MpTray utility. It is easy to forget the MpTray utility (I did!), but if you don't close it, Windows will not allow you to replace the DLLs (they remain "in use"). I also stopped TV Server, but I am not sure whether that is necessary. After replacing the DLLs, I suggest rebooting to get everything back to normal again.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can also confirm that after replacing Databases.dll and Core.dll the problem is resolved, thank you!!!

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I noticed that exact same problem has re-appeared in my 1.23. No automatic update for new video files duration. The duration appears only after the file is played back. Could anybody else confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom