[29.11.05] WebEPG 0.2.0 update on website (1 Viewer)

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
problem with the de-grabber tvtoday.de

I have a problem with the de-grabber tvtoday.de. The program for the first day is ok, but on some channels (e.g. RTL) there's a problem on the following days.

Here's the program for tomorrow (11.11.2005) 20:15 on RTL:

-> grabbed from tvtoday.de and shown in mp: Die ultimative Chart-Show
-> on the website of tvtoday.de: Wer wird Millionär?

Here's that part of the tvguide.xml:
Code:
  <programme start="20051111201500" channel="rtl.de">
    <title>Die ultimative Chart-Show</title>
    <desc>Die erfolgreichsten Lovesongs · Gäste: Gaby Köster; Gitte Haenning; Thomas M. Stein; Ben; Nino de Angelo; Yvonne Catterfeld · Moderation: Oliver Geissen</desc>
  </programme>

... and a screenshot from tvtoday.de:
tvtoday_de.gif

Did someone notice that too? Or can someone reproduce that?

I switch to tvinfo.de for now to see if there is the same behavior.

Here's the info grabbed with tvinfo.de for that time:
Code:
  <programme start="20051111201500" channel="rtl.de">
    <title>Wer wird Millionär?</title>
    <category>Show/Spielshow</category>
  </programme>

cool71

Portal Pro
October 16, 2005
Germany: Stuttgart
Hello tklon,

I have the same problem. RTL and ZDF and some other channels have the problem. Some channels are OK.
I testet 0.1.3 and the new 0.1.4 Version. Same Problem.
First Day is OK. Testet with TVtoday and tvinfo grabber, but stil. the same.

Hope someone can help.

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks cool71 for your confirmation. Hopefully someone can have a look at that problem.

I forgot to mention: I'm using Current Release Beta-0.1.4.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this problem. I think it is most likely a bug. I have been trying hard to get the bugs out of the time/date system and will look into these examples this weekend. It is always hard in these case, because it means that there are very small changes in some channels on a site. I cannot of course test every channel. I usally test one channel from each site. I must be just lucky and choose a channel that works. Or a day on which it works.

To give a little background a few versions ago I changed the code to support a certain site. Which broke the time system. Between 0.1.3 and 0.1.4 I re-wrote it, but it still has problems.

It is very hard to deal with the time and date errors on many sites. I say errors because many sites do not have a correct change of time and date.

Anyway, on to improving things. Is this the best way to test and handle problems?

Let me know your thoughts,

/James

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    when you say I must use webEPG, do you mean I have to select tv_grab_no instead of the tvguide.xml file from the list, within the tv-settings-programguide-scheuler?

Because I have tried them both.
    I tried now but nothing happens at all,, the graber,dos window, just terminates.

I wil try later, pherhaps when rc2 is released.

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi aasmund,

WebEPG is an external program, that at the moment is not configured inside MP. If you want to give it a try, then download it from the link at the top of this thread.

/James

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Thanks everyone for the hint with the .dtd
    It was even easier! It was on my htpc in the folder xmltv. But webepg moved to the folder webepg lately. Shouldn´t the .dtd be in the webepg package? Well maybe it is and I mixed something up with all the cvs stuff, webepg betas etc.

Anyway, epg works again.

tomtom

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi tomtom,

I will fix this problem. However, I still recommend downloading the WebEPG package. As it contains this file. The WebEPG directory, is only sort of half done on the intergration side. So files and thing could be missing.

Cheers,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi all,

The code in the CVS should now work. It is not yet fully tested (but then thats what the CVS builds are all about isn't it). However, for those having problems with .NET 2.0 they can give it a try.

Once I've had some more time to test it, I will release a package. I have now converted over to .NET 2.0. So all future releases will be compiled against that.

The .dtd file is still not there. It will need to be copied over from the xmltv, directory. Or the tvguide.xml will need to be copied the other way (to the xmltv directory).

Cheers,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

I've just check in the code to CVS that fixes the problems seen in DE with tvtoday.

Can you grab the latest CVS and test it. If you have any problems you will see a lot of extra information in the logs. Post that here.

Thanks,

/James

[Edit] It will be included in the CVS builds as well. So you don't need to download the CVS and compile yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom