[29.11.05] WebEPG 0.2.0 update on website (1 Viewer)

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
James said:
I've just check in the code to CVS that fixes the problems seen in DE with tvtoday.

Can you grab the latest CVS and test it. If you have any problems you will see a lot of extra information in the logs. Post that here.

Hi James,

thank you for working on tvtoday. As soon as updating cvs with TortoiseCVS works for me again (I messed something up :?) I will give it a try. I'll post my results here.

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
October 7, 2005
Netherlands
Hi James,

Great tool! I use it to collect the dutch tv guide data. At the moment I only collect the program names, instead of the program name with a full description.

I'm afraid that if we all download both the name and description of the programs, that the site won't be able to handle the load, and they will build in some mechanisms to stop the automatic retrieval.

Do you know a good solution to this?
It would be awesome, if I could get both the names and descriptions.

Is there no way to tap into the Guide data of MCE, I assume that they have tough servers with some serious bandwidth :wink:?

Matio

Portal Member
January 13, 2005
WebEPG fails

Hi all,

I got MP [0.2RC1] and WebEPG 0.1.4 Beta and (after some struggling with setting the HTTP Proxy for .NET applications) got a TVguide.xml file (1.6MB = for 27 channels 14 day period).

The grapper used was: DE\www_tvinfo_de.xml on all channels.

Hm, but when I hit the F3 button and then try to import the file I get an error message "XMLTV file not found". I've set up my config to use the "grapper" "tvguide.xml" though ?!?

Any ideas anybody?

BTW, it would be nice if WebEPG could diretly store it's data in the MP db, in order to avoid the manual "F3, Import" steps.. :)

Cheers,
Matthias

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Matio:

Did you adjust the path to tvguide.xml in MP Setup? Have a look at Television -> Program Guide -> Path to tvguide.xml

James:

James said:
I've just check in the code to CVS that fixes the problems seen in DE with tvtoday.

Can you grab the latest CVS and test it. If you have any problems you will see a lot of extra information in the logs. Post that here.

Tried it today with the fresh compiled cvs. I have problems with tvtoday.de and tvinfo.de now. WebEPG seems to grab ok, but the date in tvguide.xml is not set correct. I grabbed for 7 days and it seems that that is ok, but the date/time repeats for each channel. Perhaps you want to take a look at my TVguide.xml. The most channels are grabbed with tvtoday.de and only a few with tvinfo.de.

Tried the WebEPG.exe from mediaportal-cvs-11-16-2005--19-37.rar. Same problem.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Matthias: look for the .dtd file mentioned some posts above. I had the same message as long as I did not have the .dtd file in the right place.

tomtom

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi tklon,

Can you have a look in the log file, there all the programs will be listed. Can you send me a copy of that.

If I understand you are saying the first days programs and repeated for everyday?

/James

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Writing a new grabber for german TV channels

Hi James,

Again I am writing a new template for WebEPG.
    I guess it does not make any sense to put more time on the tvinfo.de-Grabber. All current issues with that template are a result of different layouts of the HTML tags on the source pages.

Thus I've been looking for an alternative source and I guess the HTML tag layout of tvmovie.de is predestinated to be used as WebEPG source. The quality of information is the same (or even better) as provided by tvinfo.de

Please have a short look at the following link:
    http://www.tvmovie.de/finder?finder=universal&html=/refresh/technik/suche/index.htm&tag=DI&zeit=alle&sender=5

Unfortunatelly I have some difficulties writing the template, as tvmovie.de-page neither uses dates nor full weekday names to query the program listing database. Instead it uses following shortcuts (like the bold&italic part of the link above):
    MO = monday (Montag)
    DI = tuesday (Dienstag)
    MI = wednesday (Mittwoch)
    DO = thursday (Donnerstag)
    FR = friday (Freitag)
    SA = saturday (Samstag)
    SO = sunday (Sonntag)

Is it possible to define custom strings to be used instead of weekdays (#WEEKDAY) like the defination of month-names for listing information?

Example:
    Code:
      <section name="DateTime">
        <entry name="Weekdays">yes</entry>
        <entry name="MO">Monday</entry>
        <entry name="DI">Tuesday</entry>
        <entry name="MI">Wednesday</entry>
        <entry name="DO">Thursday</entry>
        <entry name="FR">Friday</entry>
        <entry name="SA">Saturday</entry>
        <entry name="SO">Sunday</entry>
      </section>

Tia for the information,
    Mat

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Madmat,

Yes you can use names with the #DAY_NAME tag and:

<section name="DayNames">
    <entry name="0">today</entry>
    <entry name="1">tomorrow</entry>
    <entry name="2">today+2</entry>
    <entry name="3">+3</entry>
    <entry name="4">+4</entry>
    <entry name="5">+5</entry>
    <entry name="6">+6</entry>
    </section>

This is used by the FI grabber if you need an example.

I had a look at the site and it looks good.

[Edit] Sorry I looked in more detail, this will only work if you grab on the same day each week ;) I will have a look. As I don't want to keep adding tags I will most like modify the #WEEKDAY tag to function with a look up list in the xml file.

Cheers,

/James

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    James said:
    Hi tklon,

Can you have a look in the log file, there all the programs will be listed. Can you send me a copy of that.

If I understand you are saying the first days programs and repeated for everyday?

/James

Hi James,

I think the grabbed programs are ok. Only the date is not written correct. The date/time is always 16/11 and 17/11 but the program on the following days is ok.

If you look at the TVguide.xml. The first channel is 3SAT and these are the shows for 20:15:

Code:
      <programme start="20051116201500" channel="3sat.de">
        <title>Die Gestapo 2. Teil</title>
        <desc>Terror ohne Grenzen · Doku-Reihe von Wolfgang Schön und Holger Hillesheim, BRD 2004
    3. Teil am 18.11. um 20.15</desc>
      </programme>
        <title>Gauchos</title>
        <desc>Das Leben der argentinischen Cowboys · Reportage von Ray Müller, BRD 2004</desc>
      </programme>
        <title>Die Gestapo 3. Teil</title>
        <desc>Henker an der Heimatfront · Doku-Reihe von Wolfgang Schön und Holger Hillesheim, BRD 2004</desc>
      </programme>
        <title>alles muss raus</title>
        <desc>Kabarett mit Urban Priol · Gäste: Günter Grünwald; Lars Reichow; Seibel &amp; Wohlenberg; Werner Koczwara · (Aufzeichnung vom 6.11. aus dem ZDF-Sendezentrum Mainz)</desc>
      </programme>
        <title>Der Stich des Skorpion</title>
        <desc>Drama nach der Autobiografie von Wolfgang Welsch, BRD 2004; R: Stephan Wagner; D: Jörg Schüttauf, Martina Gedeck, Matthias Brandt u.a.</desc>
      </programme>
        <title>Speer und Er</title>
        <desc>TV-Doku-Drama, BRD 2005; R: Heinrich Breloer; D: Sebastian Koch, Tobias Moretti, Dagmar Manzel u.a.</desc>
      </programme>
        <title>Der Boxer und die Friseuse</title>
        <desc>Tragikomödie, BRD 2004; R: Hermine Huntgeburth; D: Ulrich Noethen, Hinnerk Schönemann, Peter Lohmeyer u.a.</desc>
      </programme>

Like you see there are 7 days but they all have the same timestamp. It is the correct program for 16/11 until 22/11. So the last show "Der Boxer und die Friseuse" should have the timestamp "20051122201500".

And there is the same behavior on all the other channels.

Here's the log file if you still need it: WebEPG.log

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi tklon,

Cool I got it now. I hate this I fix a problem with one site time and date, it breaks another. I fix that trying to be careful not to break the first again and some other site breaks.

The other night, I fixed the tvtoday stuff, then work on another problem and this is the cause.

A few bad sites (tvtoday not being one of them) make a general time date system very hard work.

Will fix it soon, stay tuned ;)

[edit] Just commited some changes which should fix this. I have not tested all grabbers, but I know fernsehen.ch is still not 100%. So still more work, but if you can test that it would be great.

/James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom