[29.11.05] WebEPG 0.2.0 update on website (2 Viewers)

madmat17

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Austria
Home Country
Austria Austria
James said:
Yes you can use names with the #DAY_NAME tag and:

<section name="DayNames">
<entry name="0">today</entry>
<entry name="1">tomorrow</entry>
<entry name="2">today+2</entry>
<entry name="3">+3</entry>
<entry name="4">+4</entry>
<entry name="5">+5</entry>
<entry name="6">+6</entry>
</section>

This is used by the FI grabber if you need an example.

I had a look at the site and it looks good.

[Edit] Sorry I looked in more detail, this will only work if you grab on the same day each week ;) I will have a look. As I don't want to keep adding tags I will most like modify the #WEEKDAY tag to function with a look up list in the xml file.

Hi James,

Would it make sense to enhance WebEPG with the following feature?
:idea: Use day offsets with strings inserted into SearchURL, depending on the current weekday. An example:

1) Assign numbers to every weekday (e.g. "DayNumber" hardcoded in WebEPG)
Monday = 0
Tuesday = 1
Wednesday= 2
Thursday = 3
Friday = 4
Saturday = 5
Friday = 6

2) Define weekday shortcuts/strings in the grabber
<section name="DayNames">
<entry name="0">MO</entry>
<entry name="1">DI</entry>
<entry name="2">MI</entry>
<entry name="3">DO</entry>
<entry name="4">FR</entry>
<entry name="5">SA</entry>
<entry name="6">SO</entry>
</section>

3) Calculate the DayName-number which should be used depending on the current day
Today it's Thursday; which would be DayNumber "3". Next day would be Friday (DayNumber "4"); I guess that's the principle of the #DAY_OFFSET calcution currently used by WebEPG.
But instead of a number "FR" (or any other value defined in the template's section "DayNames") has to be used for #DAY_OFFSET (or e.g. "#DAYNAME_OFFSET") within the SearchURL.

What do you think about that?

Cheers,
Mat

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi all,

Just enabled WebEPG to access the TVDatabase. It checks it the programs are already there and unchanged and doesn't add them to the tvguide.xml file if they are.

If you are using linked pages, it will not get the linked pages for these programs. This cuts down the number of webrequest.

Also included some more updates to the time system.

To access the database, I am using more MP code, requiring that I move the exe file, into the MP root dir. The tvguide.xml file is created in the xmltv directory. So changing the configuration and copying the dtd file is no longer required.

For those testing the CVS builds, please provide some feedback on WebEPG.

Thanks,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi MadMat,

I have made the following changes. Include these entrys in the listings section:

<entry name="SearchLanguage">de-DE</entry>
    <entry name="WeekDayString">ddd</entry>

dddd = Full Name "Montag... Sonntag"
    ddd = Short Name "Mo ... So"

It changes the output of the #WEEKDAY tag.

Let me know if case (upper/lower) is a problem (it is currently as shown). Default without these tags is en-US and fullnames.

Cheers,

/James

stevenyu

Portal Member
    October 31, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Look like webepg is complete broken for Australia TV guide, I have tried all the website in the setting for Australia, only yahoo sometime work, the default outguide and d1 website is no longer working

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Stevenyu,

Read the latest in this thread: http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=63851#63851

ourguide are now encoding their text (Trying to get Javascript working in C# to fix this problem) and D1 seem to have stop providing data a few days ago.

ABC, SBS and Yahoo should all still work? Yahoo however, has a system which restricts how many request you can make before your IP is blocked for up to 24 hours.

Cheers,

/James

Elconejo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2005
    Belgium
    problems with running

Hi,

I use the 1.4 version of WebEPG. it worked fine until yesterday. Then i got the following error:
    An exception 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' has occurred in 'WebEPG.exe.

And it shows a Just in Time Debugger from Visual Studio.NET 2003

The last configuration i did was deleting 2 channels from who i don't need any grabbing anymore. Is this the cause?

Thx for the help, Great program

You should also check the following topic:
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10788&highlight=webepg

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom