[29.11.05] WebEPG 0.2.0 update on website (4 Viewers)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi madmat,

The format for linked pages can be found in by looking at one of the others files (the NL grabber has this, so do a few others - sorry no doc yet). Mostly the same as the main page stuff:

The SubListingLink in the main listing is a search string to identify the correct <a href> tag as often there are more then one.

Webepg already handles the change of day on a program page. So when listing 0:00 to 05:00 and on the previous page, which is quite common.

Just try to reuse the channel IDs already there. As I have already spent hours removing doubles.

Thanks for the help,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi all,

Here is a quick guide to adding channels:

1. create grabber or update existing grabber xml file with new channels

2. run WebEPG-channels - it will automatically load all the new channel IDs found in the grabber files.

3. Correct the name to something a bit more friendly (for the config program). Also if the same channel exists with a different ID then please use that instead. Unless it is wrong. In which case post it here.

4. Save channels.xml file

5. run WebEPG-conf all the new channels will now appear

6. Send me both the grabber.xml and channels.xml files.

Guide to creating channel IDs in webepg:

1. use the domain url of the channel provider

2. if the channel provider has a url in multiple countries (and these channels are not different) ie same content, then use the one from the country of origin or the international one. (check these channel may already be in use by other grabbers - so always use an existing ID when possible). If still no idea post here.

3. if the channel provider doesn't have a web site, then create a url like id with -'s instead of .'s.

There are currently 720+ channels and I've already spent hours try to clean this up (820+ before I started). There are still some doubles and many channels do not have a nice name. Which is were I need local help from the poeple in these countries to fix the names up for other users.

Thanks for the help,

/James

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi James,

Thanks for that prompt reply! :eek:
    I'll see what I can get out of the NL grabber - BTW: I could have hit on that by myself... ;)
    Maybe I'm going to extend the existing documentation with sublink-comments - shouldn't be that catchy.

I'm only adding channels, which are not existing by now. For all others I used the existing IDs. (why reinvent the wheel?!) Nevertheless thanks for the hint!

I gonna support you with the grabber.xml, channel.xml and the commented.xml since I'm sure the new grabber works fine. I guess the work should be done on Friday (got a lot of work at my office... :wink: )

Cheers,
    Mat

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I read the following on the konfabulator website, since they have a TV EPG widget:

"We are actually focusing really hard on making sure developers are first class citizens in our new home. With all this cool Konfabulator stuff comes Yahoo's new XML APIs. Since we're kick-starting Yahoo's Developer Network, this means that our current Konfabulator community will become the founding members of Yahoo's Developer community. Widgets like TV Scraper won't need to scrape any more (there goes the name) and will get our full support during development. Awesome. Grassroots support from third party developers is one of the primary reasons why Yahoo is so excited about Konfabulator, and that Yahoo is 100% commited to keeping Konfabulator free and open for anyone to build Widgets (and to create a massive installed base for developers to distribute their Widgets to)."

I hope that this may help out with the TV listings that Yahoo provides. It may helpout making the interaction much faster once the API is published!

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all,

I hadn't had time to finish the promised grabber for Austria/Switzerland by now.

I'm still wondering what the "Ahrefs" entry means. First I thought that entry implies, that the sublinks are part of an anchor (<a></a>) within the HTML source. But AFAIK anchors are the only way to "fit" hyperlinks into a text. (would be senseless, if pics linked to program descriptions).

Is there any reference available for the entries and variables WebEPG supports?
    For example the 1-www_sol_no.xml grabber uses entries like "SearchRegex", "SearchRemove", "SearchRepeat" or "SearchSubtitles". Sure - one can guess, what used entries are for. But if there're more of ("unknown") entries and variables supported by WebEPG, this program seems to be much more flexible as I thought (an I think it is very flexible...).

James, would be great, if you had a little reference (and I don't mean a guide like "how to make a grabber".

Cheers,
    Mat

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Madmat,

Yeah sorry its a bit criptic. I do plan to write a guide. Or maybe steve can do me another dummies guide.

The "Ahrefs" entry means to include <a hrefs> tags in the template matching.

Normally it matches just the table structure so:

<table></table>
    <tr></tr>
    <td></td>
    <th></th>

and paragrahs

</p>

Normally this is enought to build the template and separate the fields out. However, in some cases the hyper link <a></a> tags are also needed. (need to be careful with these tag as the are not always there or can be variable sometime one, sometimes more).

I have been looking for ways to try and make the template system I use a little or flexible.

Without this entry there, the sublinked page stuff still works. This doesn-t use the template to find the <a></a>.

I'm happy to change the entry name to something else, if you think it will be easier to understand ie "TemplateAhrefs" ?

Hope this helps,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi Casimir,

Thanks for putting the channels into the FR grabber. However, would you mind using the channel ID as described in my post above and putting the channel names in the channels.xml using the provided program WebEPG-channels. This will save me a great deal of work, were I may make mistakes, because I don't know about the channels you get in france.

Then post the channels.xml file too.

Thanks again for the help,

/James

mowog

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    au.tv.yahoo.com returning 999 errors?

Has anyone else using WebEPG in Australia with the Yahoo guide data had 'error 999' when trying to grab linked show descriptions?

I have a nasty feeling that they have some form of rate limiting in place which I've tripped over (although I've only run WebEPG once tonight), because I'm able to get show descriptions fine using a web browser on a different IP address. Doing that from the same IP that I ran WebEPG from gets me these 'error 999' messages.

Anyone else seen these?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yep same here mowog

perhaps yahoo is blocking too many requests from an IP after x number of grabs

try D1..it has title, descriptions and category for each program...

ALSO...with the linked pages..try not to have too longer time getting extra info as it could ban u from the yahoo site temporarily...and thats no good for any1 is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom