[29.11.05] WebEPG 0.2.0 update on website (1 Viewer)

raf

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
I've been working on it for the past couple of hours with adding Foxtel channels and every channel that has a program starting at 12am is ok every other channel becomes a day late.

This would seem to be a fundamental flaw in the program and I'm amazed no one else has had this happen, is there a solution?

[edit] Works better using D1 only misses the first program of the day

mowog

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
thechad said:
http://www.ourguide.com.au/ appears to have some good listings with descriptions and should be better than D1 in Australia.

Hey, that looks like a good site. Is anyone working on a WebEPG config for this one? I might have a go at it.. I'm still getting the error 999 rate limit from Yahoo, although it's been at least 12 hours since WebEPG tripped it.

James - any tips for a WebEPG beginner for writing a config for ourguide.com.au? TIA :)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi mowog,

There is a commented-0.5.xml and grabber-0.3.txt. These have so info, but are a bit old and outdated. There has also been some discussion here.

Firstly to answer your question about ourguide.com.au. This site will not work, because it doesn't have any AM/PM time information.

I will look at the problems with d1 missing the first show of the day, and the time/day problems with yahoo reported here. I will hopefully have a fix for this soon. While working on this I will try to see in the time code can be made to handle the ourguide site.

It would of cause be much easier if you guys down there would use 24 hour time :wink: ;)

Cheers,

/James

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    I've had an email asking about the channel IDs for Australia, I thought I would post the reply here also to help others

Do you mean with the @URL at the end of the name?

What URL is this supposed to be? The site that the channels were grabbed from (ie D1) ?

Some of the existing channels I looked at have odd URLs which don't seem to point to actual websites...
    Bit confused.. An example would be nice.

The URL of the provider:

Main
    abc.net.au
    sbs.com.au
    ninemsn.com.au
    seven.com.au
    ten.com.au

Regional
    wintv.com.au (9)
    nbntv.com.au (9)
    primetv.com.au (7)
    southerncrossbroadcasting.com.au (10)
    channel31.org.au

Not a full list a few regionals missing can be found here (http://televisionau.siv.net.au/tvlinks.htm)

Channel ID
    Then if they have more then one regional guide/channel from a provider use the @ (like an email address)

abc-wa@abc.net.au
    abc-vic@abc.net.au

abc2@abc.net.au (same all over Australia)

etc.

Everything on the left of the @ can be used to indentify a specific channel. If the digital channel is different from the analog (I don't think this is the case in Oz), then is can also be put here.

I know this its exactly what currently there, but this will change.

Hope this helps,

/James

mowog

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    James said:
    Firstly to answer your question about ourguide.com.au. This site will not work, because it doesn't have any AM/PM time information.

/me groans..

Tell me about it. I just wrote a config to grab ourguide.com.au, and only discovered the lack of 24 hour time after I finished it and imported the guide data into MP :x If you want the config I've written, PM me and I'll shoot it over.

James said:
    I will look at the problems with d1 missing the first show of the day, and the time/day problems with yahoo reported here. I will hopefully have a fix for this soon. While working on this I will try to see in the time code can be made to handle the ourguide site.

That would be great! Having had a closer look at OurGuide, there's a tonne of information in there which we can pull out, and it's *fast*. The only problem I can see is their stupid (or perhaps not, maybe they're doing it purposefully to prevent scraping ;)) use of time.

Oh, and while you're at it, is there any chance you could add an option to fold the all-uppercase program names that OurGuide provides so that only the first letter of each word is capitalised? All caps is just obnoxious, and looks awful in MP...

James said:
    It would of cause be much easier if you guys down there would use 24 hour time :wink: ;)
    Hey, I even *think* in 24 hour time ;) It's not southern hemisphere thing, trust me :)

Cheers,

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi guys,

There is a Pre-release Beta-0.1.3pre2 available for download now that should fix the problems with yahoo in Australia. Also corrects the channels to those IDs described above.

Also adds grabbers for abc.net.au (ABC2 and ABC per state) and sbs.com.au (SBS just one, has descriptions, however, some times has multiple programs for different states).

From what I can see SBS has a national guide, which changes sometimes for WA, SA and NT?

Haven't had a look at the D1 problem missing the first program. (Is that everyday or just the first program for the grab). Can someone those seeing this problem post some more details.

Thanks,

/James

raf

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2005
    Sydney, AUSTRALIA
    James said:
    Haven't had a look at the D1 problem missing the first program. (Is that everyday or just the first program for the grab). Can someone those seeing this problem post some more details.

Thanks,

/James

It misses the first program of the day if it started before 12am eg yesterday, Rage started on the ABC at 11.55pm Saturday night and finished at 6.30am Sunday so there was no program info for Sunday before 6.30am

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    James said:
    The "Ahrefs" entry means to include <a hrefs> tags in the template matching.

Normally it matches just the table structure so:

<table></table>
    <tr></tr>
    <td></td>
    <th></th>

and paragrahs

</p>

Normally this is enought to build the template and separate the fields out. However, in some cases the hyper link <a></a> tags are also needed. (need to be careful with these tag as the are not always there or can be variable sometime one, sometimes more).

I have been looking for ways to try and make the template system I use a little or flexible.

OK - now I groked it. Thanks for clarifying.
    I've got some suggestions to make the template system a little more flexible:
    :idea: Enhance it with ,
    , and <span></span> detection. That would be a great thing!

Background:
    The subpages of tvinfo.de (the grabber I'm just writing) states title and subtitle in the same cell of the table. They're just seperated by a line break (add: the title is formatted with "H1" and the subtitle is bold). So it's not possible to grab the subtitle without the title in the same XMLTV-entry.

James said:
    I'm happy to change the entry name to something else, if you think it will be easier to understand ie "TemplateAhrefs" ?

"Ahrefs" is the best name you could have given. I've got no idea how to name it different.

I've got another question:
    tvinfo.de states the title and subltitle on the mainpage the following way.
    TITLE SUBTITLE
    both in the same line and cell

The template looks the following way ("Ahrefs" activated):
    <td><a href><#TITLE></a><#SUBTITLE></td>

But WebEPG only grabs the title, without subtitle from mainpage. Does someone have any idea?

Thx in advance,
    Mat

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi madmat,

The
    can be used to separate fields in the template. However, it and the other tags are not used as a template ie to find the listing is the page source.

#SUBTITLE is currently appended to the front of the description, because MP doesn't display this information yet. Although I saw a post where someone had modified a skin to include this information. If not send me a copy of your grabber and I'll have a look at it.

Lastly in the new test release I created a grabber for AT: programm_kurier_at.xml.

Cheers,

/James

nad

Portal Member
    January 4, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi James,

First, thanks for the great program, I downloaded beta 0.1.2 yesterday and got it up and running in about 5 min.

When starting Mediaportal I noticed in the tv guide there are no descriptions.

I looked in the logfiles and I got this:(error log)

8-8-2005 12:33:45 WebEPG: Start String not found
    8-8-2005 12:33:45 WebEPG: End String not found
    8-8-2005 12:33:47 WebEPG: Start String not found
    8-8-2005 12:33:47 WebEPG: End String not found

and:(WebEPG log)

8-8-2005 12:33:43 Loading ChannelMap: WebEPG.xml
    8-8-2005 12:33:43 WebEPG: Getting Channel 1 of 14
    8-8-2005 12:33:43 WebEPG: Opening NL\www_tvgids_nl.xml
    8-8-2005 12:33:43 WebEPG: ChannelId: ketnet.be
    8-8-2005 12:33:43 WebEPG: Reading http://www.tvgids.nl/zoeken/?trefwoord=Titel+of+trefwoord&station=6&genre=&interval=0&timeslot=0
    8-8-2005 12:33:44 WebPage encoding: ISO-8859-1
    8-8-2005 12:33:44 WebEPG: Listing Count 45
    8-8-2005 12:33:44 WebEPG: Reading http://www.tvgids.nl/programmadetail/?id=4502273
    8-8-2005 12:33:45 WebEPG: Start String not found
    8-8-2005 12:33:45 WebEPG: End String not found
    8-8-2005 12:33:45 WebEPG: Reading http://www.tvgids.nl/programmadetail/?id=4502274
    8-8-2005 12:33:47 WebEPG: Start String not found
    8-8-2005 12:33:47 WebEPG: End String not found

Ok, has tvgids.nl changed layout? or am I doing something wrong?

thanks again for the program.

Nad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom