4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (2 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Reg the only thing I can think of is that some other setting on your system was giving you a five line version. Cuz that was the same file as I gave you before, only the arrow positions changed. If you revert to the file I originally sent, does it go back to 5 lines?

Regardless, the default for aMPed is 8 lines. You can wait for the next release to use the large fonts or try changing it to 5 lines yourself as per the link I sent before.

Also, I forgot to mention before about those left/right arrows at the top of the guide. You don't really need them because while in the guide you can use the forward and reverse buttons on your remote to change the time interval. Took me two years before I realized that, but I'm not too bright!

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reg the only thing I can think of is that some other setting on your system was giving you a five line version. Cuz that was the same file as I gave you before, only the arrow positions changed. If you revert to the file I originally sent, does it go back to 5 lines?

Regardless, the default for aMPed is 8 lines. You can wait for the next release to use the large fonts or try changing it to 5 lines yourself as per the link I sent before.

Also, I forgot to mention before about those left/right arrows at the top of the guide. You don't really need them because while in the guide you can use the forward and reverse buttons on your remote to change the time interval. Took me two years before I realized that, but I'm not too bright!

I cant think of any setting I changed but there are so many settings in MP its hard to remember them all. Despite you telling me to save the old version I dont think I did save that particular one LOL :) What I have running is not perfect, but it will do in the mean time until we have 1.02 aMPed. I hope you retain the thing green line as I really like that.

:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's the original mytvguide.xml from the rar/zip file I sent you on Apr 25. Just rename it to mytvguide.xml.

If this doesn't work, copy your amped Folder to an amped test folder in the skins folder and then extract the original rar/zip file again. If that still doesn't give you 5 lines it must be some other setting on your system.

I'm happy to keep the vertical green line. Joz's hasn't had time to look at it yet and he might be able to make it better.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    HI,
    Thanks for this skin, i have also only a 4:3 Tv and need bigger fonts!

Love it for most of it, i have only aproblem with my tv-series-- if i select an episode, there is no information about it showing up. (Mean Infos about the story). A screenshot from the episode is also missing...

Can i change this with some settings in the xml file?

That would be nice!

Thnaks cubii

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Cubi, glad you are enjoying the skin.

In TVSeries, just press the left/right arrow keys on your remote or keyboard and you will get a sliding panel with the episode info and screenshot (unless you have configured TVSeries to hide spoilers!). You can actually use the arrow keys on a number of screens to get more info. That will be more obvious in the next release as there is a button showing to go left for menu and additional info.

We are adding more sliding panels in the next version to try and get as much info on a 4:3 screen and still have the big fonts! (with an option for even bigger fonts in the next version)

Also TVSeries has been designed to show as much fanart as possible, which isn't easy on 4:3 :) If you don't use fanart, it shows the dvd cover instead on the episode and season view.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's the original mytvguide.xml from the rar/zip file I sent you on Apr 25. Just rename it to mytvguide.xml.

If this doesn't work, copy your amped Folder to an amped test folder in the skins folder and then extract the original rar/zip file again. If that still doesn't give you 5 lines it must be some other setting on your system.

I'm happy to keep the vertical green line. Joz's hasn't had time to look at it yet and he might be able to make it better.

Well I am a bit puzzled, I tried the file and it still came up with 8 lines and the green arrows were all wrong again so have reverted back to the one that was working fine. I am recording at the moment so cant reinstall the whole original rar file you sent, I might try that tommorrow and see what happens.

:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes the vertical green lines would be wrong because I changed their size in mytvguide.xml. I just wanted to check if you got the 5 lines. It's a mystery! I don't know how you ever got them! I expected you to revert to the new one :) Thanks for testing that for me. I'd love to know what happens when you put in the whole original rar file again. No worries though, it is certainly not necessary for aMPed skin design, but it is fun (sometimes!) figuring out how MP works.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes the vertical green lines would be wrong because I changed their size in mytvguide.xml. I just wanted to check if you got the 5 lines. It's a mystery! I don't know how you ever got them! I expected you to revert to the new one :) Thanks for testing that for me. I'd love to know what happens when you put in the whole original rar file again. No worries though, it is certainly not necessary for aMPed skin design, but it is fun (sometimes!) figuring out how MP works.

I tried the whole original rar file and for some reason I just kept getting an error and the skin would not load at all so reverted back to the one that was working.

I am currently downloading MP 1.02 and will run the upgrade from 1.01 later tonight.

How is progress on the whole new aMPed skin going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom