4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (2 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry about that! In aMPed 1.1 the MyPics, MyMusic and MyVideos screens were still mostly Blue3 layouts so the up/down buttons (spin controls) were still there. I forgot to disable them, but I'll do that for the final release. As Joz said we made a design decision to leave them out so we could fit more data on a small screen and because page up/down (channel up/down on remote) was easier anyway. I left them in some cases where there was room since I thought maybe some people needed them for something. But unless Cubii or someone can tell us what they use them for, perhaps we can just remove them everywhere. As you pointed out, it makes navigation a little easier since if they are active you can get stuck on them even when they appear! (you have to press enter to use them or up to get off of them)

Migue, thanks for all your input on the Shares view. I think it is a big improvement to aMPed because it adds a view that can be used for non IMDB videos, and now all the Shares views are actually useful. So keep the great ideas coming!

Did you like the different no poster image I used (the one on the left larger image when there is no thumbnail)? I thought the size would fit better but I'm not sure it looks much better. So I tried <colordiffuse>70ffffff</colordiffuse> on it and I think it looks better. That makes it somewhat transparent so it blends in more. Just add that code after the two occurrences of <texture>defaultdvdcover.png</texture> in myvideo.xml and let me know what you think.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    @all who answered me with up/down in lists problem:

i have onlx these controll mapped to my remote:

Updownleftright Ok(enter) esc (back) f9 ( i think for infos and resolution ,subtitle settings)

an play controlls

so i need these up/down arrows...

Would be nice to keep the, i love the possibility of controlling mp with less keys ( xbmc has the best controll i think..)

will try the files from migue
    thanks

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Online Videos, no side menu

Hi there, discovered a bug using online videos plugin version 0.8.8.

When I am in youtube I cannot get to the side menu, see screenshot. Funny thing is if i plug in a mouse i can get the side menu to appear. but with remote or keyboard it just will not show up. When I switch back to blue 3 it works fine.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this would be appreciated, it's a great plugin and i would love to use it with amped.

UPDATE: rolling back to version 0.80 of online videos and it works OK the side menu is back with Amped, would prefer to be using 08.8 though. Wasn't sure if this is an issue with the skin or the plugin so I have posted in both. Hope that's OK.

Attachments

• sidemenu.jpg
      sidemenu.jpg
      25.8 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    jamiro:

I tested it with 0.8.7, I did it pretty quickly so I might have done something wrong. This is I think a skin issue.
    Are there supposed to be buttons? If not then it makes sense it's behaving this way.

p.s.
    People don't forget about the issuetracker, save us time typing bugs in there :)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for your reply,
    Yes there are lots of crucial options/buttons avaliable on the side menu, to search, change list views etc. If I switch to the blue3 skin the side menu is there. In Amped it doesn't appear, this is with Online Videos 0.8.8.

Cheers.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi all, I just updated my skin to version 2.0 and enabled 18pt fonts. Wow, its fantastic I can now comfortably read all the text on my TV when sitting in my armchair. Great job guys.

One thing I did notice however, is when I switch to radio the time clock is sort of doubled up and not really readable.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    cubii So what remote do you have that you don't have channel buttons?

Reg Glad you like it . I use the 18pt font too! Did you notice your vertical green line on the TVGuide? I don't have Radio so you will have to send me a screenshot . By Radio I assume you mean the built in Radio plugin for MP? Or are you using some other radio plugin? What do you mean timeclock? Date and time at the top? That is OK for me. Good point though cuz I realized we have never done the Radio Guide, it is still Blue3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom