4:3 skin ::: aMPed 2.0 final (3 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
We are still discussing on the spincontrols but sorry cubii, at least from my perspective all (or most) spincontrols should be invisible.
Nothing final yet but I believe Dadeo agrees. I say just buy a decent remote with more buttons and program it right. Remotes aren't that expensive.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I turned off all my spin controls and replaced all the spin arrow textures with "-", and because the wife couldn't associate the numbers with anything I added the label "page" just before the spin numbers. I also had to add the label "Press Info for more" to many screens, particularly the RecordedTV screen because she couldn't remember how to delete a watched program. ;)

Maybe we need a context sesitive "HELP" button in MP.... :D maybe added to the "Info" button GUI.
    Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Cool idea Chuck, thanks for your help/advice. Can you post a screenshot so I can see how it looks? What did you do with textboxes that have spincontrols, or dialogs? Same thing?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    To warn you, I'm not using aMPed, but my own 800x600 concoction. I haven't gotten to all the dialogs yet, nor the listboxes, as they haven't become a priority yet.

Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks nice Chuck! Are you going to release it one day? I'm always in favour for more options for 4:3 users! I wasn't expecting you used aMPed, I just wanted to see how the Page 1/5 looked and it looks good. Thanks.

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    @Cubii So what remote do you have that you don't have channel buttons?

Thats not a problem of my remote, but:

i have one remote for tv, reciever and pc and i have all important functions on one Profile, so i can do anything important without switching to another profile...

So its not a big deal, i can switch to my pc profile, there are the channel switching Keys....

i can understand the idea (clean skin) behind it, but it would be good to write small special changes like that in a readme or something...
    What do you think?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Thanks...

I don't know if I will.... I'm pretty lazy. I've only redesigned the parts that I actually use, and the only plugins that get any use at my house are Last.FM and MPTV-Series. Other than that ... just MyTV, MyVideos, MyMusic (with fanart), and very rarely MyPictures. I did make screens for MovingPictures, but it doesn't get used (that might change later on as it matures closer to completion). I never used the Settup Wizard as much of it didn't apply to my settup.

Sometimes it is just fun to tinker with, but I can't say with confidence that it would ever fit the needs of anyone else.

regards

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    cubii - Yes, when we take the up/down buttons (spincontrols) out we will definitely put a note in the readme and on our google page. We had just started trying it out in this beta release. Thanks for answering all my questions, I just wanted to make sure we weren't making aMPed inaccessible to some users.

Chuck - I totally understand. But just to warn you that was how I started too :)

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Reg Glad you like it . I use the 18pt font too! Did you notice your vertical green line on the TVGuide?

Yes green line with green arrows attached working well and I love.

I will send you a screenshot of radio later when my wife has finished using my other computer. I am using built in Radio. By time clock I mean the Date and time displayed in the bottom left corner of the radio page.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Reg Glad you like it .

Ok Here is a screen shot showing what I mean, its not the date and time its some sort of timer I think, see bottom left corner, its no really big deal to have this working, its just cosmetic.

Attachments

• Radio Screen Shot.gif
      Radio Screen Shot.gif
      321.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom