4TheRecord Skin - Who owns development/bugs? (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Recorded TV

1. Does anyone know what Clean-Up does? Perhaps it's not possible to use from For the Record and should be removed?

2. I'd like the big "thumb" to the left to show thumbs from the recording instead of the big ugly channel logo. Does anyone know how?

3. StreamedMP includes 4TR_RecordedTvInfo.xml. When is this xml file used? I can't find a way to see more info about recordings. Looks like it's not distributed with For the Record itself, only StreamedMP, so I guess it should be removed.

Attachments

• StreamedMP-4tR-RecordedTV.png
      StreamedMP-4tR-RecordedTV.png
      814.6 KB

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can't help with any of your questions, but your edited skin looks good, although i think it would be better to use more of the available space (aka the upper part which is not overlayed), more like in your new 4TR home screen.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, I forgot to show in the screenshot. This is where StreamedMP will show the video overlay. I copied the xml code from StreamedMP's default TV Recordings screen so I didn't rearrange anything.
    Now this gives me some other problems since left arrow from the TV Recordings list should mark the TV overlay but it doesn't work.

Also the TV Recordings list is a common.facade in StreamedMP and a group element with two listcontrols in For the Record. I cannot change 4tR to use the common.facade since it won't work without the two listcontrols named ID 10 and 11 (common.facade is called ID 50). Perhaps I need help from a 4tR developer.

Attachments

• StreamedMP-4tR-RecordedTV-Overlay.png
      StreamedMP-4tR-RecordedTV-Overlay.png
      788.9 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I'm done :)

Small issues:
    I don't know how to position the Virtual Keyboard so it'll pretty much cover all search results in TV Search.
    It's not possible to press left to select the overlay video in TV Recordings. If I allow it I can't navigate between video, list and menu properly. Use fullscreen button (X) instead.
    TV Recording thumbnails is not displayed. There's the TV logo in its place. Possibly TV Client problem.

Feel free to try and improve the skin files if you can solve any of these issues.

Attachments

• TV Search.jpg
      TV Search.jpg
      131.2 KB
    • TV Recorded TV.jpg
      TV Recorded TV.jpg
      113.5 KB
    • TV Upcoming.jpg
      TV Upcoming.jpg
      93.3 KB
    • TV Active Recordings.jpg
      TV Active Recordings.jpg
      104.9 KB
    • TV Programme Info.jpg
      TV Programme Info.jpg
      124.9 KB
    • StreamedMP-4tR.zip
      30.6 KB

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Also the TV Recordings list is a common.facade in StreamedMP and a group element with two listcontrols in For the Record. I cannot change 4tR to use the common.facade since it won't work without the two listcontrols named ID 10 and 11 (common.facade is called ID 50). Perhaps I need help from a 4tR developer.
    In version 1.4 BETA 1 we'll start using the common.facade control in this screen (for SVN only of course).

And we'll add support for the recording thumbnails too.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like the 4tR xmls are based on a really really old StreamedMP...? I don't think modifying the background images is the right way to go.

I've updated 4tR's home xml according to StreamedMP 0.7.409, complete with animations and all :)
    Give me a bit more time and I'll try updating the other screens as well.

They were :)

I missed this thread till just now - I did the original set but, as you saw were pretty basic and then work got in the way so never updated them.

Like what you have done with these, really nice work - will be going on my system tonight.

Cheers

Trevor

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try the new skin, seems to cause a few GUI crashes... Have had to revert to the one that came with the latest StreamedMP package... A shame as a very nice tweak..

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Strange, I tried it and it works perfectly ... what version of MP are you using? I am on SVN 21720

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    now with the support of radio in FTR 1.4 beta and other new stuff (recording thumbs...)
    is anyone able to update the files ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom