4TheRecord Skin - Who owns development/bugs? (1 Viewer)

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Sadly those files did not solve the problem. I still have a non-populated Recorded TV screen. It's funny because the TV guides are working just not Recorded TV.

I just quickly reinstalled the skin to make sure it wasn't something that I'd done but this made no difference either. I deleted the Cache file on each occasion. But I still get the attached screen. (I'm using the SVN released on 24/12 with the beta version of MP).

Cheers for your help and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• 22-09-05.png
    22-09-05.png
    431.1 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Sadly those files did not solve the problem. I still have a non-populated Recorded TV screen. It's funny because the TV guides are working just not Recorded TV.

I just quickly reinstalled the skin to make sure it wasn't something that I'd done but this made no difference either. I deleted the Cache file on each occasion. But I still get the attached screen. (I'm using the SVN released on 24/12 with the beta version of MP).

Cheers for your help and Happy New Year!

Intresting, that screen shot is not the 4TR Recorded TV screen but the normal TV server version, I still have a few bits to add and tidy on the 4tr screens, the 'Menu' label on the right for a start - are you sure 4tr is installed correctly?

Screen shot of what I have here running on the same s/f versions is attached.

Cheers

Attachments

• 4trrtv.jpg
    4trrtv.jpg
    203.9 KB

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
Thanks Trevor! You are quite right. A reinstall of 4TR was what I needed. I'd upgraded to the latest SVN (because of the TSwriter improvements) and did not reinstall 4TR. To be honest I didn't realise I had too because everything seemed to be working well. Of course, apart from the above issue :s

Thanks again for your help! I can now watch all those Alan Partridge and Father Ted's that I've recorded!! :)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    The current 4tr TVGuide.xml was a bit of a mess. I've updated it so that it matches the style of the 'official' TVPlugin currently available in svn.

This is a 10 Row EPG which seems to hit the sweet spot for Readability + Efficient use of space. If you want an 8 or 12 row version let me know.

armyofme

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2006
    York
    Home Country
    The current 4tr TVGuide.xml was a bit of a mess. I've updated it so that it matches the style of the 'official' TVPlugin currently available in svn.

This is a 10 Row EPG which seems to hit the sweet spot for Readability + Efficient use of space. If you want an 8 or 12 row version let me know.

Much better! Thanks!

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Nice job, beat me to it - couple of things I still needs to sort, module name etc and I will add it to SVN - can I take you up on you offer of 8 and 12 row versions, will include these in SVN as well.

Thanks

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    These aren't tested as I've just knocked them up away from my HTPC, however, all I've changed is the TV Panel to fit more or less channels on the guide. I've also quickly edited the latest mytvguide.xml in svn with a 10 line version as only 8 and 12 are currently available.

Just a quick note for the 4tr guide, this does have some other minor changes from the standard guide xml. For example I've removed some of the more, what I find personally, obnoxious animations and the description seperator to ---------- instead of _________ as this is my own preference. (There is a lack of uniformity in the description seperator throughout the skin and I always change this to a dotted line where I need to). If you use Notepad++'s compare function with a 4tr_TVGuide.xml and its equivalent mytvguide.xml you will spot most of the minor things I have changed, if you want to change them back.

Obviously the files will need renaming to work properly!

EDIT: See below for xmls as problems found in untested 4tr files.

Attachments

• mytvguide10.xml
      30.6 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    These aren't tested as I've just knocked them up away from my HTPC, however, all I've changed is the TV Panel to fit more or less channels on the guide. I've also quickly edited the latest mytvguide.xml in svn with a 10 line version as only 8 and 12 are currently available.

Just a quick note for the 4tr guide, this does have some other minor changes from the standard guide xml. For example I've removed some of the more, what I find personally, obnoxious animations and the description seperator to ---------- instead of _________ as this is my own preference. (There is a lack of uniformity in the description seperator throughout the skin and I always change this to a dotted line where I need to). If you use Notepad++'s compare function with a 4tr_TVGuide.xml and its equivalent mytvguide.xml you will spot most of the minor things I have changed, if you want to change them back.

Obviously the files will need renaming to work properly!

Thanks mortstar, very quick response - I will look at these this evening, uniformity is what we are looking for between std and 4tr guides. Like you I am away from my main system this week but should be able to test this part, did notice that the Group button was not displayed but think that my be my issue as the controls are in the xml.

The installer will handle the changes between 8, 10 and 12 row as it does currently for the std TVGuide.

Thanks

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Yeah the group button on the left of the grid is showing (and working) for me. I also added a WindowClose animation to the Group label for 4tr as in the old skin file, the label would flip back to horizontal when exiting the screen (for example back to the home menu). I don't think this is needed in the original TVplugin screens.

EDIT: Okay, this is why things should always be tested! My 4TR xmls for 8 and 12 will totally mess up your screen. I have got 8 channel guide looking and working fine now. But trying to get 12 channels by just editing the width and height tags in 'Channel template' and 'Channel label template' (which is all I did to create a 8 row guide) gives some funky results in MP. Maybe you can have a look at that trevor I can't see why it is acting so weirdly.

Attachments

• 4TR_TvGuide8.xml
      30.6 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Yeah the group button on the left of the grid is showing (and working) for me. I also added a WindowClose animation to the Group label for 4tr as in the old skin file, the label would flip back to horizontal when exiting the screen (for example back to the home menu). I don't think this is needed in the original TVplugin screens.

wGroup button Working for me now but hit the same problem I have always had with the 12row version, never been able to fix it which is why there was only a 10 row version.

Check the attached screen shot and let me know if you see the same.

Row 11 & 12 are blank and the data is over written on row 1 - tried everything and get the same result..

Cheers

Attachments

• 12row.jpg
      12row.jpg
      237.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom