[WiP] 5154: MediaPortal 1 - x64 - SharpDX (5 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    x64 is working nicely with all the plugins I use, I will give it a few days to be fully convinced. Thankyou.

My only concern, now, is when TVServer goes x64, will my SchedulesDirect EPG Client TVServer plugin no longer be available. I've used it exclusively for my lineup many years. The author has been MIA several years now, and the plugin has worked well with all versions of MP since. I'm not sure if there might be a reliable x64 version or replacement that gives me the same uncomplicated setup and use for here, in the US.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    My only concern, now, is when TVServer goes x64, will my SchedulesDirect EPG Client TVServer plugin no longer be available. I've used it exclusively for my lineup many years. The author has been MIA several years now, and the plugin has worked well with all versions of MP since. I'm not sure if there might be a reliable x64 version or replacement that gives me the same uncomplicated setup and use for here, in the US.
    If the plugin is built as AnyCPU, it will work, if you have the source code, you can rebuild it and it will work.

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    @Pablik
    Got the x64 version to work, but my IMON display has an incredible latency and does not shut off on MP exit.
    Any ideas? Followed your instructions:
    • make sure MPx86Proxy.exe is always running
    • selected display type must be "SoundGraph iMON USB VFD/LCD Plugin => 8.12.1202"
    • installed iMON SW version must be 8.12.1202

Thanks!

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Here are some screenshots, where you can see the similar settings. In x86 it works smooth and imon shut off on exit in x64 there is a massive delay in main menu e.g. imon shows movies, when I go to series in the menu, there is a delay from 1-3 seconds until imon shows series

@Pablik

Thanks for all your enthusiasm and hard work!

Attachments

• x86 2.png
      x86 2.png
      236.7 KB
    • x86 1.png
      x86 1.png
      120.9 KB
    • x64 2.png
      x64 2.png
      227 KB
    • x64 1.png
      x64 1.png
      106.9 KB
    Last edited:

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Got the x64 version to work, but my IMON display has an incredible latency and does not shut off on MP exit.
    Any ideas? Followed your instructions:
    • make sure MPx86Proxy.exe is always running
    • selected display type must be "SoundGraph iMON USB VFD/LCD Plugin => 8.12.1202"
    • installed iMON SW version must be 8.12.1202

Thanks!
    Hi, does appear the latency right after start of the MP or after displaying the EQ?
    I had a problem with high rate of data being sent to iMon driver while showing the EQ so I made internal FPS limit to 25 for EQ and 5 FPS for VU in the code. The unlimited high rate was causing extremly huge latency/delay on iMon driver side.
    You can try set limit to lower FPS by using option "Limit Equalizer display update rate" on advanced tab.

I tried exactly your settings on my MP - no problem at all. BTW: the option "Scroll delay (ms)" should not to be lower than "Update (ms)". In my case I have both options set to 300 ms.

I made update to MPx86Proxy.exe by adding "Extensive logging" option to see incoming commads in the log.

To see what is wrong I'll need you log report, so please:
    • set MP log level to debug
    • make sure the check box "Extensive logging" in minidisplay config is checked
    • copy attached MPx86Proxy.exe to the MP application folder
    • enable Extensive logging in MPx86Proxy (Options->Extensive logging)
    • post you MediaPortal.log and MPx86Proxy.log(located in MP application folder) files

Thanks.

Attachments

• MPx86Proxy.zip
      632.2 KB

joker1639

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2009
    Hi, does appear the latency right after start of the MP or after displaying the EQ?
    I had a problem with high rate of data being sent to iMon driver while showing the EQ so I made internal FPS limit to 25 for EQ and 5 FPS for VU in the code. The unlimited high rate was causing extremly huge latency/delay on iMon driver side.
    You can try set limit to lower FPS by using option "Limit Equalizer display update rate" on advanced tab.

I tried exactly your settings on my MP - no problem at all. BTW: the option "Scroll delay (ms)" should not to be lower than "Update (ms)". In my case I have both options set to 300 ms.

I made update to MPx86Proxy.exe by adding "Extensive logging" option to see incoming commads in the log.

To see what is wrong I'll need you log report, so please:
    • set MP log level to debug
    • make sure the check box "Extensive logging" in minidisplay config is checked
    • copy attached MPx86Proxy.exe to the MP application folder
    • enable Extensive logging in MPx86Proxy (Options->Extensive logging)
    • post you MediaPortal.log and MPx86Proxy.log(located in MP application folder) files

Thanks.
    Hi!
    latency is not the problem anymore. If it works, the latency is ok now, but it is very unstable and I have to start the proxy as admin to make it work. If I start it with double click on the icon, it does not work. Also it sometimes does not turn off the display on exit and after that it hangs and does not start if I start MP again.

The strange is, the "hang" is reproducible: The display "hangs" itself, if I start a movie. If i press stop, the movie stops, but the time in the display continues to cout for soem seconds. If i exit MP, the the imon is freezed and it does not start again if I start MP

Attachments

• MPx86Proxy.log
      1.3 KB
    • MediaPortal.log
      372.2 KB
    • MPx86Proxy.log
      2.5 KB
    • MPx86Proxy.log
      1.3 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom