About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanskj

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
anyone having a bug with navigation? whenever the tv stream is active, clicking through menus is reeeealy slow, sometimes it doesn respond at all. if i press the stop button, the bug disappears and clicking alot if i have spammed the button before stopping.

Flippinga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2009
    Pijnacker
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another question: I would like to have a new background picture (instead of the red cinema seats), where can I get a nice one and how do I install it?
    Just replace the picture in the skin subdirectory "Animations/media/movies" with a new one. Some nice pictures are available here:
    Home Theatre Backdrops */*Generic / Other

You can also ADD pictures to the folders instead of overwriting.
    That way you will see random backgrounds

Here are some of mine, just copy them over to your 'Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\Animations\movies' folder

Flip

Attachments

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      623.7 KB
    • Film_Reel_and_Case_by_TonyHarris.jpg
      Film_Reel_and_Case_by_TonyHarris.jpg
      122.9 KB
    • movies.jpg
      movies.jpg
      865.5 KB

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are some of mine, just copy them over to your 'Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\XFactor\Media\Animations\movies' folder
    Those are really nice! I am currently trying to find backdrops for all areas which share the same "style" to get a more consistent look and feel. Do you happen to have backdrops for other areas (music, tv series, ...) in a similar style or could maybe provide a link to a website?
    :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Just to let you all know what I'm working on at moment. First I have been really busy with fixing all your reported issues. Thank you to everyone that invest some of your time in helping reporting issues and aid in resolving them. But all is not fixing issues. I have also started on a brand new basichome screen. Before we had horizontal, vertical and Aeon style to choose between. Now I'm working on a fourth option inspired by the new xbmc Alaska skin in the making. This new basichome is still early work by progressing well. And no, it is not a port of the Alaska skin, only a new basichome for the x-factor skin with elements inspired by the Alaska;)

cheers
    cul8er

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That sounds great, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action! :D

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sounds really great Cul8er :) I checked some XBMC screenshots of this upcoming skin and it looks to me this skin will bring peace to the world :p very nice skin.

Question (sry for so many..):
    If I use the WEATHERBG folder in the ImagePath (this folder contains every image in a folder) the multi imag effect works fine.but if I use my Pictures folder, wich only contains folders in the root, and each folder has a lot of pictures, this doesn't give the multiimage effect? It should work just as it works with Weatherbg folder right?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I really love the look of this skin :D
    However, I find navigation not to be as intuitive and easy as I'd like. I know this isn't easy, though...
    Also, the skin is a bit "slow" on my system. And while at it: Is there any easy way to disable to backdrop-zooming?

^ This might sound negative, but I really do love the skin - with exceptions given above.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Spragleknas,

Thank you for your feedback. Navigation is a very hard issue and I know the skin can improve alot here. I focused on graphics and colors in last release and perhaps I will have to do the same with navigation in next release. About the zoom effect I have included this as an option in the version to come (zoom animation, no zoom animation and one that is Beta1 compatible due to the multiimage bug). In the meantime you can open all of the basichomeXXXX.xml files (incl basichome.xml), MovingPictures.xml and TVSeries.xml and remove all lines that starts with;
    <animation effect="zoom"

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,

Just to let you all know what I'm working on at moment. First I have been really busy with fixing all your reported issues. Thank you to everyone that invest some of your time in helping reporting issues and aid in resolving them. But all is not fixing issues. I have also started on a brand new basichome screen. Before we had horizontal, vertical and Aeon style to choose between. Now I'm working on a fourth option inspired by the new xbmc Alaska skin in the making. This new basichome is still early work by progressing well. And no, it is not a port of the Alaska skin, only a new basichome for the x-factor skin with elements inspired by the Alaska;)

cheers
    cul8er

hi cul8er! sound great ...hoop we can see some screenshots soon ...:D

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

Thank you for all feedback. I have decided to make a new release of the skin configuration plugin within a couple of days to add even more options for you to choose between (to make the skin as you like it). This will only be an upgrade to the plugin and not a new release.

The options I consider to add are;
    * Animation (Simple without zoom, Advance with zoom) - for basichome menu
    * Video Window + Music/VideoThumb size in Now Playing in basichome( standard, big)

Best Regards
    cul8er

How much longer :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom