About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Anyone have any idea on my posted issue , I love this skin and hae using anything else and cannot get it to work

Sorry, no idea from my side. If you post your basichome.xml, I can try it on my system. That's about all I can help with.

Hi rekenaar I have attached the basichome.xml

as I say it was working fine then one day turned on the htpc and it wasn't

mmmmm, I do not think it is a skin issue. Your file works here.
    It is not perhaps Vista/Win7 with the VMR9 renderer that is not supported on that platform?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

This is the new basichome menu that I'm working on right now. Not finished and still in an early tage but what do you think? Sorry for the bad quality of the video...

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• menu_test.avi
      30.6 KB

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    cul8er
    That video is crazy. I think it would be really cool for the skin. How customizable will it be? Could I change the images on the screen for each type of input? (DVD, Movies, TV, etc) Also, I asked a question about r340 and I don't think it ever got answered. I love the non-rounded thumbs for moving pictures, and how they all connect together in the older rev that I have. Is there anyway to keep the corners non rounded in r340? Thanks.

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Very nice Cul8er.
    Personally i dont like those menus because i dont see everything simultaneously. One example of that menu that really works is the PSP and the PS3

By the way one thing i think would be good is to show the text of left and right object, so that you know where you go. I dont think an image is enough

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,

This is the new basichome menu that I'm working on right now. Not finished and still in an early tage but what do you think? Sorry for the bad quality of the video...

best regards
    cul8er

hi cul8er ! vrey nice ...:eek: and :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Atreides,

In the new version that I'm working on I have gone back to the old thumview of moving pictures (without rounded corners).

And yes, everything is customizable from the menu editor. Images, texts and so on.

best regards
    cul8er

Flippinga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2009
    Pijnacker
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Cul8er,

I won't use it.
    Unless you can somehow make it more clear where to navigate to.
    - Put text on the main menus
    - Show texts on sub menu when main menu is selected

Basically, this would look like an modified/scaled/scrolling vertical menu like the one we already have

Also, I like skins intuitive and clear so anyone can use it without reading any manual first... (Wife ;) )
    The reason for me not using horizontal menu for instance. There is no clue as where to navigate to get the submenu.
    (Maybe I should report this as an navigation issue.....?)

I read somewhere you want to put more time in ease of navigation, maybe a feature freeze and concentrate on that?

:D For the effort you put in this great skin
    :sorry: For me not liking this new menu

Greetings,
    Flip

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Very cool cul8er! I especially liked the zoom effect on the transition from Basic Home to Moving Pictures at the end of the clip. Perhaps a high quality screen shot will show us how the transparency really looks, as it doesn't look so hot in the low quality clip.

Emph

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Cul8er,

I won't use it.
    Unless you can somehow make it more clear where to navigate to.
    - Put text on the main menus
    - Show texts on sub menu when main menu is selected

Basically, this would look like an modified/scaled/scrolling vertical menu like the one we already have

Also, I like skins intuitive and clear so anyone can use it without reading any manual first... (Wife ;) )
    The reason for me not using horizontal menu for instance. There is no clue as where to navigate to get the submenu.
    (Maybe I should report this as an navigation issue.....?)

I read somewhere you want to put more time in ease of navigation, maybe a feature freeze and concentrate on that?

:D For the effort you put in this great skin
    :sorry: For me not liking this new menu

Greetings,
    Flip

I agree - and do we really need yet another 'basichome'?
    BTW - Still waiting on that modified editor for removing the awful 'zoom' effect that you promised back on September 22nd (just saying)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom