About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Jeditrav,

I want to correct all outstanding issues before i make a new release. So the simple answer is "when it is done";) Since last release I have solving about 50 reported issues reported by you the users of the x-factor skin. So hopefully the next release will be a very good one.

best regards
    cul8er

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi I have just had an issue pop up (don't know why, See attach image)
    The main menu has no graphics displaying or txt just the background image and the surrounding borders?

How can I either fix this or Completely uninstall this theme ?

I have tried to re-install and deleted the cache but when I recreate a basic home the same thing happens , It used to work fine !

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
      Untitled-1.jpg
      213.3 KB

Ticiano

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi cul8er!

That Alaska skin looks just amazing... I saw a video demonstration and the skin has a great look and its pretty fast (I think it's because of the clean and light images)... I just can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with that idea. Thank you very much!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    BasicHome MenuEditor

I have created a guide on how to customize you X-Factor basic home screen. It covers the following table of content:
    * Introduction
    * Details
    **Step 1 - Download and Install
    **Step 2 - Familiarize Screen Areas
    **Step 3 - Open Menu Editor
    **Step 4 - Change Main Menu Items
    **Step 5 - Add/Change Sub Menu Items
    **Step 6 - Customizing Menu And Sub Menu Backdrops
    **Step 7 - Customizing Item Image (Thumbnails)
    **Step 8 - Generate And Save
    **Step 9 - Select Menu And Display Options
    *A View To The Future

Please let me know about errors, shortcoming and additional information.

Click Here To View The Guide

demomanTNA

Portal Member
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just curious but when is the next release to be expected? I just had to do an reinstall of Vista so I haven't gotten MP up on it yet. If the wait isn't going to be very long for the new X-Factor then I can wait a little bit on getting MP (and skins/plugins) running.

R340 ran great on my previous setup tho.

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The main menu has no graphics displaying or txt just the background image and the surrounding borders?

I have tried to re-install and deleted the cache but when I recreate a basic home the same thing happens , It used to work fine !

Anyone have any idea on my posted issue , I love this skin and hae using anything else and cannot get it to work

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2009
    I have been absorbed the last 2 days in my converstion from meedio to MeedaPortal... no comparison (leave it at that).

Anyways... I have a few issues that I just can't figure out with this skin (awesome skin by the way)

- I'm using the posted 1.1 beta
    - Using RC340 of Xfactor
    - Using moving pictures for DVD browsing
    - Using NVIDA purevideo & FFDSHOW post processing for DVD video

1) when cycling through the main menu the dynamic backgrounds do not change / update until I select Photo (menu item 1). I can cycle through menu item 2 - 6 with no background change until I hilight menu item 1 (photo) then all the backgrounds kick in. This happens every time I go back to the home screen.

I altered the basichome screens per the instructions (basichome and the home config I'm using - horizontal +RSS) but it does nto seem to do anything. Do I need to re-modify the xml's after each time I modify the menu structure (rebuild home screen?)

2) when playing content (video) from MovingPictures when I 'return' back to the moving pictures module there is no video in the video preview box on some screens. It shows time, moviel title, but no video preview. this happens only on a few screens (Moving Pictures Thumbnail View , Large Thumbnail View, Filmstrip view

3) When playing music the embedded ID3 tag cover art is not displayed in the curretn play list screen where the visualization would be (but I have it turned off). As I change songs I can see the coverart appear very briefly (flash) and then disappear (black box)

4) When playing music - the home screen now playing box has the ID3 embedded cover art beside an empty black box. The track info (title, time remaining) is spread along the upper bar in large white font with ++ beside the items. Other screens have a cleaner look with the cd cover and a box beside the cover that has track specifics.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country

Anyone have any idea on my posted issue , I love this skin and hae using anything else and cannot get it to work

Sorry, no idea from my side. If you post your basichome.xml, I can try it on my system. That's about all I can help with.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi there and welcome :)

1) when cycling through the main menu the dynamic backgrounds do not change / update until I select Photo (menu item 1). I can cycle through menu item 2 - 6 with no background change until I hilight menu item 1 (photo) then all the backgrounds kick in. This happens every time I go back to the home screen.

I altered the basichome screens per the instructions (basichome and the home config I'm using - horizontal +RSS) but it does nto seem to do anything. Do I need to re-modify the xml's after each time I modify the menu structure (rebuild home screen?)
    Yes, first modify your menu then edit it by following this steps.

2) when playing content (video) from MovingPictures when I 'return' back to the moving pictures module there is no video in the video preview box on some screens. It shows time, moviel title, but no video preview. this happens only on a few screens (Moving Pictures Thumbnail View , Large Thumbnail View, Filmstrip view
    Can you attach screenshot please?

3) When playing music the embedded ID3 tag cover art is not displayed in the curretn play list screen where the visualization would be (but I have it turned off). As I change songs I can see the coverart appear very briefly (flash) and then disappear (black box)
    I can confirm this. I will add it to the issue tracker.

4) When playing music - the home screen now playing box has the ID3 embedded cover art beside an empty black box. The track info (title, time remaining) is spread along the upper bar in large white font with ++ beside the items. Other screens have a cleaner look with the cd cover and a box beside the cover that has track specifics.
    cul8er??

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Sorry, no idea from my side. If you post your basichome.xml, I can try it on my system. That's about all I can help with.

Hi rekenaar I have attached the basichome.xml

as I say it was working fine then one day turned on the htpc and it wasn't

Attachments

• Basichome.xml
      30.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom