About the X-Factor Skin (R479) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    User choices are one of the brilliant (X-)factors that make this skin stand out. Great work as usual.

Number 2 for me :D

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    +1 for number 2

One Question: Is there a possibility to tell LastFm Scrobbler to download the artist picture with the highest resolution and the correct aspect ratio. That would be great!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I like number 2 more. Will you add the buttons from the number 2 top bar to number 1 as well, as I don't really see the point in excluding them (I'm guessing you forgot to use an updated screen shot)?

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

The buttons from number two (in the top bar) are the same as the last three buttons in number one below the music thumb;)

cheers
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

The buttons from number two (in the top bar) are the same as the last three buttons in number one below the music thumb;)

cheers
    cul8er

Ah, ok. Another suggestion is to move the Top Album tracks up to the right corner of the whole screen, as this info doesn't appear on all albums, and as it's pretty transparent it won't interfere much with the fan art. While I really like that the fanart gets more room with option 2, the layout of the information does seem a little unbalanced right now. I'm not a big fan of the brackets either, and would prefer using "()" instead. Or like this:

Madonna
    Frozen | 6:12
    Ray Of Light (1998)
    Pop

I like the bigger time display (with transparency), perhaps it could be even bigger, and centered on the screen? The "Playing Next" could use a little more space around it, as it feels quite "pushed down" to the bottom of the screen, and marginals does look good.

:sorry:
    Emph

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
      mockup.jpg
      184.6 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi emphatic,

cheers
    cul8er

Ah, ok. Another suggestion is to move the Top Album tracks up to the right corner of the whole screen, as this info doesn't appear on all albums, and as it's pretty transparent it won't interfere much with the fan art. While I really like that the fanart gets more room with option 2, the layout of the information does seem a little unbalanced right now. I'm not a big fan of the brackets either, and would prefer using "()" instead. Or like this:

Madonna
    Frozen | 6:12
    Ray Of Light (1998)
    Pop

I like the bigger time display (with transparency), perhaps it could be even bigger, and centered on the screen? The "Playing Next" could use a little more space around it, as it feels quite "pushed down" to the bottom of the screen, and marginals does look good.

:sorry:
    Emph

hi Emph ! your mod for # 2 is nice but if you have white fanart you will not see so clear all the text ...
    i thing the way cul8er mack it is the way to go ...just litle moving arownd ....

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi bodiroga,

The comment field exist in MP music database for both Artist and Album. When you are using Mediamonkey it edits the MediaInfo tags of specific songs and this is not where I get the comment from. To see all the MP music database fields you need a SQLLite editor and then open the MediaPortal\database\MusicDatabaseV11.db3 file.

best regards
    cul8er

Thanks for your reply cul8er!

So we have to edit manually de MusicDatabase.db3 (with a SQLlite editor) to add the Artist and Album comments?? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Doesn't exist any program that edit the ID3 tag and add those two comments to the file in ordet to be read by the (Mediaportal) music section tag importer?? I hope it does exist that program, because adding manually all that information everytime you rescan your database must be horrible.

Thanks for your help, keep up with the good job!

Regards,

Aitor

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi bodiroga,

The comment field exist in MP music database for both Artist and Album. When you are using Mediamonkey it edits the MediaInfo tags of specific songs and this is not where I get the comment from. To see all the MP music database fields you need a SQLLite editor and then open the MediaPortal\database\MusicDatabaseV11.db3 file.

best regards
    cul8er

Thanks for your reply cul8er!

So we have to edit manually de MusicDatabase.db3 (with a SQLlite editor) to add the Artist and Album comments?? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Doesn't exist any program that edit the ID3 tag and add those two comments to the file in ordet to be read by the (Mediaportal) music section tag importer?? I hope it does exist that program, because adding manually all that information everytime you rescan your database must be horrible.

Thanks for your help, keep up with the good job!

Regards,

Aitor

As I understand it, you don't need to edit those outside MediaPortal, as it can download it for you and enter it into the database. The "need" for an SQLite editor would only be if you want to edit stuff in the database (without using MediaPortal).

hi Emph ! your mod for # 2 is nice but if you have white fanart you will not see so clear all the text ...
    i thing the way cul8er mack it is the way to go ...just litle moving arownd ....

Hi, the white text is backed by a semitransparent overlay at the bottom. If information should be shows elsewhere on the screen, this would of course be needed there as well. The reason I made the mockup (it was very hasty work btw) was to show cul8er what I meant, so he wouldn't have to waste time trying to figure out my gibberish that he could spend on better things. :D

We'll see what happens, I can always make a modded Now Playing screen later.
    Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom