Aeon Wide (1366x768) (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's one fix, but not the whole thing, need to find out why this has stopped working for default basichome, waiting to upload version 1.3 and this is screwing things up :(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have now done this with the menu generator using default locations and everything now works, so it looks like a change happened that i did not know about.

Also now not using svn, the reason for this is, there were 50+ commits\changes to svn that had no written record as to what had been altered, this may have screwed up basichome.xml for everyone, sambal and myself have made notes when uploading, but now unless a completely new update overwriting all files is done, i would not trust svn.

Updates included are from the 10-5-2008 to 11-8-2008 for the this release, sambals RSSTicker latest version is included to stop any confusion that bits do not work correctly, remember this needs to be enabled\configured to work, you will also find a BBC icon for this in the media folder, feel free to add your own :)

Uploading AeonWide 1.3 now :)

:D

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I get an outdated skin warning with V 1.3. Using RC3 with SVN from 26.10.08

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Sorry Guys this version has been updated to cover latest release svn's

To change this you need to modify the Aeon references.xml to whichever version is shown in the BlueTwo reference.xml.

This will be either 0.9.3.0 for current version, 0.9.2.0 for previous release, this is on the 6th line down, open with notepad, this all depends on how old your version of Mediaportal is, could be a even earlier reference number.

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Glad I stumbled into this thread, I discovered the plugin/weather background disappearing act while I was creating a menu generator for mediastream. Its a really weird problem however I have a fix. Rename the plugins folder and weather folder to something like pluginsbg and weatherbg, then make a new menu using the aeon generator and when you are selecting the folder for backgrounds for plugins and weather type in weatherbg for weather and pluginsbg for plugins.

I made that and solved things... for plugins, but not for weather, and now MovingPictures (that was pointing to MOVIES folder) has no background, and My Videos (that was also pointing to the same folder) has background. It's really weird. I guess I should fresh install 1.3 but I am using some different mods (tvseries, moving pictures and musicOSD, mostly) and I'm not sure if they made into 1.3 and didn't want to take the time to track them back again, but I guess I should try and do it :(

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    I don’t understand a shit about menu generator and I just wanna remove from basic menu: plugins, TV, settings

And fix the menu background for weather. Now it’s only grey... and a quite small "problem" TV, series should be "TV-Series". Why there is a comma and not a dash, is VERY strange. ;-)

By the way - I'm using ver. Aeon Wide 1.3

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Glad I stumbled into this thread, I discovered the plugin/weather background disappearing act while I was creating a menu generator for mediastream. Its a really weird problem however I have a fix. Rename the plugins folder and weather folder to something like pluginsbg and weatherbg, then make a new menu using the aeon generator and when you are selecting the folder for backgrounds for plugins and weather type in weatherbg for weather and pluginsbg for plugins.

I made that and solved things... for plugins, but not for weather, and now MovingPictures (that was pointing to MOVIES folder) has no background, and My Videos (that was also pointing to the same folder) has background. It's really weird. I guess I should fresh install 1.3 but I am using some different mods (tvseries, moving pictures and musicOSD, mostly) and I'm not sure if they made into 1.3 and didn't want to take the time to track them back again, but I guess I should try and do it :(

Hmm, running here version 1.3 with disappearing backgrounds for weather and plugins. I did fix it with the menu generator, but there is nothing changed to the xml code exept for the image path. So i have no clue why there are no background pictures with the original locations.

I have this on two machines, one running 24/7 being the server with rc3 and svn 31-10-2008 and one client running the latest svn.

Splendid skin as I may say so. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom