Aeon Wide (1366x768) (2 Viewers)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
My issue with the DVD option on BasicHome screen was due to wrong hyperlink no. - changed it to '3001' and works again.

My other BasicHome screen issue with this new Aeon (and maybe I'm just being picky) is when scrolling left/right between the different tabs, the screen 'flickers' between the different background images; ie, I move from TV to Movies and the background image changes from a TV image to a Movies image, but some light screen (some Aeon background image it looks like; too fast to tell) 'flashes' up between the two images - it's just for a fraction of a second, but if I sit on BasicHome for 30 seconds and give the images time to cycle, then move left/right between tabs, the screen 'flashes' for a much more noticeable fraction of a second - possibly as much as a 1/3 of a second. It doesn't look very 'slick' or 'professional'. It didn't used to do this; after waiting for the images to cycle after 30secs - when moving between tabs, it would flash the previous image (presumably because still in cache?) then fade to new image (I felt this wasn't very 'slick' either - would prefer it just showed the new image)

Also, with this new Aeon, when in the main Tv Guide screen, showing all channels and programs coming up, when I select one of the channels it should take me to the listing of that particular channel with all the programs on that channel - instead the screen 'flickers' and takes me back to the main Tv Guide screen, with all the channels.

Anybody else having these issues? Or is it just me??
:D

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My other BasicHome screen issue with this new Aeon (and maybe I'm just being picky) is when scrolling left/right between the different tabs, the screen 'flickers' between the different background images; ie, I move from TV to Movies and the background image changes from a TV image to a Movies image, but some light screen (some Aeon background image it looks like; too fast to tell) 'flashes' up between the two images - it's just for a fraction of a second, but if I sit on BasicHome for 30 seconds and give the images time to cycle, then move left/right between tabs, the screen 'flashes' for a much more noticeable fraction of a second - possibly as much as a 1/3 of a second. It doesn't look very 'slick' or 'professional'. It didn't used to do this; after waiting for the images to cycle after 30secs - when moving between tabs, it would flash the previous image (presumably because still in cache?) then fade to new image (I felt this wasn't very 'slick' either - would prefer it just showed the new image)

I've got the flicker thing too. Didn't happen in previous releases.

jay_galway

Portal Pro
January 24, 2007
Any chance this will be made into a 1080p skin

Pretty unlikely atm, this skin is pretty gpu intensive as it is, so a full 1080 skin would stop over half of mediaportal users being able to use.

That's the reason Blue3 has been done at 720, again it has major animations that would stop slower systems from using it if it had been created at a higher resolution.

When MP2 is released all skins can be at full HD.

You serious, my laptop is old like over 4 years etc. I wouldnt expect a skin to be that intensive, I mean what animations are there? Other than changing the background now and then and the odd reflection? I would be surprised if that hits the CPU badly. Also I actually run this in 1920x1080 anyway, Im more interested in there being more space for text and icons etc?

If the performance is the issue, it makes me wonder what the average user is using for a HTPC, seen as my laptop is probably one of the worst performers out there. Sounds unlikely that over 50% of users would not be able to use it. I still cant understand how the skin can hammer the GPU? Please explain.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Also, with this new Aeon, when in the main Tv Guide screen, showing all channels and programs coming up, when I select one of the channels it should take me to the listing of that particular channel with all the programs on that channel - instead the screen 'flickers' and takes me back to the main Tv Guide screen, with all the channels.

This problem seems to be non-skin-specific - detailed in thread here: EPG channel view not working

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Ok I renamed the folders and put in the new basichome.xml.

Now I do have backgrounds for plugins and weather in the basis-homescreen (with the rss-ticker). However when selecting either plugins or weather I don't get a background only the dull grey backgorund.
    Can't give you a screenshot right now, because the mp is in use right now.

Yes, that's because the plugin and weather skin files point to the old locations. Here's the two files you need to replace to fix it, using the folder names that work with PDs basichome file.

Cheers,

Rob.

Attachments

• common.window.plugins.xml
      30.7 KB
    • myweather.xml
      30.6 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MTV Music Videos skin files

Here is a skin for MTV Music Videos, did this a few weeks ago..got busy and forgot to upload it :sorry:

The archive contains the skin files and a png, after installing remember to delete the skin cache.

Trevor

Attachments

• mtv1.jpg
      mtv1.jpg
      158.3 KB
    • mtv2.jpg
      mtv2.jpg
      205.3 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    myYouTube skin files

This was requested as well I seem to remember seeing, attached is a rar file with the skin and gfx for this pulgin.

As this contains a gfx file remember to delete the skin cache file.

Cheers

Trevor

Attachments

• myyoutube.jpg
      myyoutube.jpg
      400.1 KB

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    As I am one of the people that requested those files, I must be one of the people to say "thank you", trevor. Great work. :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here is a skin for MTV Music Videos, did this a few weeks ago..got busy and forgot to upload it :sorry:

The archive contains the skin files and a png, after installing remember to delete the skin cache.

Trevor

Hi,

I tried this today, but I just get a totally black background, so it's impossible to navigate. Are you sure that all needed .png's are included in your package?

Edit: At least "framefocus.png" and "coverbig.png" are missing from my "media" folder. And both are referenced in the .xml.

Thanks
    Emph

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Same here... I even thought it was my fault, but I had a look into the xmls and... well, I'm totally ignorant about it but I think I've seen some references to .pngs I can't find in my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom