Aeon Wide (1366x768) (3 Viewers)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
That's the problem : I see the empty space where Layout:List should be, but the item is not visible ... And I'm not near the HTPC to check it, but I think I tried to change it (as I suspected the empty space should correspond to that item) but didn't work...

There is something odd the Blue2 skin around that menu option, may well be language file related, I tried changing language to spanish and that was ok, swapped back to english and the menu item vanished! - run out of time to fix it now but will look at it this evening..

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have a new update on this ... I tried pressing OK with the remote over the empty space as if the menu was there, and the whole system seemed to hang up for a minute, but after that it came back and the menu was there! In spanish, by the way. I could change views normally. It's a bit weird :)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is this bug in mantis?
    "Q: The menu dissappears when I move my mouse, what can I do?"

or is it an aeon problem? - have never seen this on / at other skins

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have a look in the FAQ, Ive described the problem a bit there. Its purely XML related, and is a result of the way the implentetion of backgrounds changing when focus changes was done. It's not a bug, but I guess some sort of code change could fix this (editing the xml code sure won't, ive spent sooo many hours trying ideas with no luck).

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Its a problem related to how the menu works. The same problem is there in Titanium and Streamed as well. It's there in any skin that has a background that changes when you change focus (browsing through the menu items).

Is it MP or AEON related?
    Its not an AEON related bug, but its related to the use of xml to have changing backgrounds. Its not the result of a MP bug, but its a result of the lack of a better way of having changing backgrounds.. If that makes sense? If we somehow could call for a filmstrip-like item in basichome, with fanart support for each item, the problem would be gone.

Don't know how much work that is tho, I'm no programmer :) Most people use aeon with a remote as well tho, so I don't think its a very big problem(?)

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    And now that's what I call a workaround :) :) :)

As a matter of fact it's OK with me, I think there are much more important issues to spend time with, and this particular issue can be easily avoided. You just have to avoid using the mouse and even with a cordless keyboard you can do anything using arrow keys. In fact, mouse is even uncomfortable to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom