Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MTV Music Videos skin files

NOTE: This also applies to the MyYouTube skin files I uploaded yesterday

emphatic / Yabba

This is weird, works fine on both my dev and live systems, the .png you mention are std!

What version of the skin are you using, the current 1.3 version?

I dont tend to download the versions PD puts up as I install the updates as they happen, maybe something odd has happened, will download that version and check.

** UPDATE:

Found the problem, one of the common skin files is missing from the 1.3 release and will only occur if you have deleted and replaced your Aeon Wide folder with the 1.3 release.

I have updated the archives for both MTV Music Videos and MyYouTube.

The missing file is common.window.short.xml and this attached to this post, just save it into your Aeon Wide directory.

Please let me know if any further problems, I will check out the 1.3 release for any other files that might have been missed and let PD know.

Trevor

Attachments

• common.window.short.xml
    30.7 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Please let me know if any further problems, I will check out the 1.3 release for any other files that might have been missed and let PD know.

It would not surprise me, strange though as i downloaded 1.2 (lost all files when hdd died) and updated recent changes posted here.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

It would not surprise me, strange though as i downloaded 1.2 (lost all files when hdd died) and updated recent changes posted here.

I included these files in very early releases of some of my skin mods and not included them in the latest files so that is maybe why, will PM you with any such files after I have checked everything out (should have done that last w/e...so much to do so little time :))

ebonite

November 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Same. Outdated skin warning and only background picture on basichome screen.

If this happens use the menu generator to create your own version of basichome.

I`ve tried to fix this but im running out of ideas. When I use the original Basichome.xml I only get the settings background image without menu. And when I try Menu Generator I get a blank page without menu.
    I`m pretty new with MediaPortal, do you have any ideas?

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Not silly at all, it's just I can't find the menu... if I press "left" on the remote, I get the "Search", "Categories" and "Play HQ" menu. If I press the Information button, I get a menu with "Favorites", "Saved videos", "Add selected to favorites" and "Save selected to disk". Maybe there's another menu I should use, but I don't know how to get to it.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Not silly at all, it's just I can't find the menu... if I press "left" on the remote, I get the "Search", "Categories" and "Play HQ" menu. If I press the Information button, I get a menu with "Favorites", "Saved videos", "Add selected to favorites" and "Save selected to disk". Maybe there's another menu I should use, but I don't know how to get to it.

The menu you get to when pressing left should bring up 4 options

Layout: List
    Serach
    Catergories
    PlayHQ

When you highlight the 'Layout: List' option should cycle through the possible options by pressing enter/select

List
    Icons
    Big Icons
    Filmstrimp

The view in the screen shot was 'Big Icons'

Trevor

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    That's the problem : I see the empty space where Layout:List should be, but the item is not visible ... And I'm not near the HTPC to check it, but I think I tried to change it (as I suspected the empty space should correspond to that item) but didn't work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom