Aeon Wide (1366x768) (1 Viewer)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Ive noticed on my EEE that when I switch between items, that for a split second nothing is selected, and thus the default background appears for that split second. I never saw this on my core2duo htpc (wonder why? :p). If you know how to code you are more then welcome to create a facade with customizable objects :) Or even upgrade standard home so that it supports _more_ then just a boring list.. that way you could forget about basichome all together.

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Mmm... not here, ... I think (speaking about flickering). My keyboard is the one supplied as an option with MCE remote, so maybe keyboard and remote have same functionality and then I findo no differences between them...

On the other hand, I also see that split second. My HPTC is not a Core2Duo but an AMD Dual Core 2800 , I guess it should be enough, it lets me play Full HD H-264 so it would be funny if it handled that video and couldn't handle a couple of static backgrounds :)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
The split second of default background should only show on slow PC's. I fixed it on my eee by converting all my fanart to 720p .bmp's. I was having a slight hickup when loading 1080p jpeg's.

Anyways untill we get a better sollution just don't use a mouse in basichome..
We may never get a sollution for this in MP1, but I think its all ready there in mp2 =) It won't take many days from first working MP2 release till we have a port of the most popular skin(s).

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mhm OK the converting idea is a good one :) I've an Athlon BE-2400+ where it is good to see on left and right klick on keyboard.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The split second of default background should only show on slow PC's. I fixed it on my eee by converting all my fanart to 720p .bmp's. I was having a slight hickup when loading 1080p jpeg's.

Anyways untill we get a better sollution just don't use a mouse in basichome..
    We may never get a sollution for this in MP1, but I think its all ready there in mp2 =) It won't take many days from first working MP2 release till we have a port of the most popular skin(s).

All my backdrops/fanart are bitmaps, always have been; I never use the mouse, everything is remote controlled - the split second of default background has only started 'flashing-up' since I installed the latest version of Aeon, it never happened in previous versions. My PC did not suddenly get 'slower'. Are you saying this 'flashing' is not considered a bug and won't be 'fixed-up'? That would be a shame, it looks quite 'unprofessional' at the moment - might have to 'downgrade' to older version for a more 'slick' interface :(

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well Ive never seen it untill I threw out my fast/noisy HTPC for a EEE-box, but if it's there in fast HTPC's as well then the source of the problem might not (only) be a slow htpc?

The flashing probably is a bug if it suddenly appeared for several people when they upgraded MP or AEON.
    Anyone with a high-end HTPC seeing the default background between menu items (Mine is a server now, so I can't test it).

But it wasn't really the flashing I was talking about, I was talking about the loss of focus when you move the mouse in aeon basichome. Thats what I don't think is a "bug"..

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The flashing probably is a bug if it suddenly appeared for several people when they upgraded MP or AEON.
    Anyone with a high-end HTPC seeing the default background between menu items (Mine is a server now, so I can't test it).

I have a quad-core and I have the flashing problem. It started with the last build of Aeon. It was fine before this last build.

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country

I have a quad-core and I have the flashing problem. It started with the last build of Aeon. It was fine before this last build.

Just to narrow it down a bit - did you also upgrade MP to a recent SVN, or is it absolutely, definitely just a recent upgrade to Aeon Wide?

Also, have you tried creating a new Basichome.xml using the menu generator tool, and does that also show flickering, or is it only flickering with the 'shipped' version of basichome?

Cheers,

Rob.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Reporting the same problem here as well on a E8400 with 4GB of memory.

Actually I'm not really sure when this started since I did both at around the same time (latest svn and aeon 1.3).
    I did try recreating the basichome. Also edited it so there's no default background, which speeds up the change but there's still a noticible flash of blackness.

Edit:
    I did have a backup of aeon 1.2 skin folder and tried that, same result. Conclusion, problem is occuring since latest svn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom