Aeon Wide (1366x768) (2 Viewers)

Andromeda

January 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Corrupt basichome

Hi, I've only started to use Mediaportal recently but I already love the Aeon Wide Skin!

I just have a problem with the basichome:

When I start Mediaportal in basichome everything is just fine and I can by using the remote select a item. But when I return to the basic home with the back button, it won't load properly and when I click next or previous button Mediaportal crashes (and explorer also btw).

I'm using a modified basichome (Aeon editor), but I have the same problem with the shipped basichome. I'm running Vista with Mediaportal 1.0, but I had the same problem with XP.

Anybody who knows a fix for this? :D

Kiwi

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Pukerua Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I've only started to use Mediaportal recently but I already love the Aeon Wide Skin!

I just have a problem with the basichome:

When I start Mediaportal in basichome everything is just fine and I can by using the remote select a item. But when I return to the basic home with the back button, it won't load properly and when I click next or previous button Mediaportal crashes (and explorer also btw).

I'm using a modified basichome (Aeon editor), but I have the same problem with the shipped basichome. I'm running Vista with Mediaportal 1.0, but I had the same problem with XP.

Anybody who knows a fix for this? :D

Welcome to Mediaportal :)
This is a known issue with some of the newer skins using basic home, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...chome-screen-streamedmp-rc4-50221/index5.html

Im using Mediastream by Pilehave which doesnt use basic home (as its primary) and its reliable:D The other option is to stick to B3 until this issue is resolved.
Cheers

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is this skin still being developed? Haven't been any updates since pre MP1.0. Unable to see list of recorded TV with latest versions of MP.

djspider

Portal Member
February 1, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is this skin still being developed? Haven't been any updates since pre MP1.0. Unable to see list of recorded TV with latest versions of MP.

I wonder the same, this skin is so wonderful so i really hope the author will fix it so it works with MP 1.0 stable.

Thanks!

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
my hope as well!

Hmm, for some reason I'm getting a black background in mp-tvseries only. There's art in there, the same in the main screen, but it doesn't show for some reason. I'm using MP 1.0, MP-tv-series 2.0 or whatever is latest, and 1013 of aeon wide.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Also, I've noticed that when I move the mouse while watching a video, the OSD doesn't come up anymore.

I did try deleting the skin cache, that didn't seem to help. I just noticed the fonts folder is 230 megs? Seems kinda steep to me. Is there some kind of compression we can use to shrink that w/o much performance hit?

Jinux

Portal Member
July 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am here again, i have a problem. My resolution in windows is 1280x720. When i start MP i need to calibrate the screen, and move it so the time, date and side menu are in view. So after moving and calibrating the screen it is, say 1266x715.

When i go to the basic home screen, and i start live tv, and go back and click on the livetv in background button. Nothing happends. only sound. Also nothing with a video, only the sound.

Putting the resolution to 1920x1080 same thing. I alway need to correct the view settings, to display the whole thing of time date side menu etc.

So i go back to the moving and calibrating settings, but it all back to 1280x720. The sidemenu is out of view and the last number of the time is out of view. But when i now do livetv in background it works ok.

Anybody has an idea ?

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am here again, i have a problem. My resolution in windows is 1280x720. When i start MP i need to calibrate the screen, and move it so the time, date and side menu are in view. So after moving and calibrating the screen it is, say 1266x715.

When i go to the basic home screen, and i start live tv, and go back and click on the livetv in background button. Nothing happends. only sound. Also nothing with a video, only the sound.

Putting the resolution to 1920x1080 same thing. I alway need to correct the view settings, to display the whole thing of time date side menu etc.

So i go back to the moving and calibrating settings, but it all back to 1280x720. The sidemenu is out of view and the last number of the time is out of view. But when i now do livetv in background it works ok.

Anybody has an idea ?

yeah, it's a 1366 * 768 skin, try setting your screen resolution to that to see what happens.

Jinux

Portal Member
July 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Simple awnser, oke, i cannot set the screen to 1366x768. After the 1280x1024 comes 1600x900 and so on. So i guess, no playing videos in the background then. :-S

Or is there somewhere a program that can set this resolution ? I will search google now...

Thnx for your reply. I feel pretty stupid now i see your awnser, and i did not think of that lol, but thnx !!!

Maybe someone know how to do this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom