Aeon Wide (1366x768) (2 Viewers)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We could write a simple little installer with an image of each option (for basichome, tvseries, etc) and let users pick which screens they want from the choices included. That way you get more flexibility.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Paranoid Delusion i really like your basic home, the white is exactly the way i pictured mine looking, my only problem is that after copying it over the old basichome.xml and deleting my cache folder, the font for the menu is tiny, far too small for me to read from 4m away, what would i need to change to make it the same size as the old button text?

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I think that this skin has a bug in the myfilms plugin.
When you go to "change view" and select a different view than the default, a cover is strangly placed in the list:

Attachments

• mf.JPG
    mf.JPG
    99.9 KB
  • mf2.JPG
    mf2.JPG
    92.4 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Paranoid Delusion i really like your basic home, the white is exactly the way i pictured mine looking, my only problem is that after copying it over the old basichome.xml and deleting my cache folder, the font for the menu is tiny, far too small for me to read from 4m away, what would i need to change to make it the same size as the old button text?

<define>#labelFont:font24</define>
    <define>#menuitemFocus:ffffffff</define>
    <define>#menuitemNoFocus:ff232323</define>

Change font to a larger size, but it really should be the same size as original !!

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

<define>#labelFont:font24</define>
    <define>#menuitemFocus:ffffffff</define>
    <define>#menuitemNoFocus:ff232323</define>

Change font to a larger size, but it really should be the same size as original !!

font24 references a font definition in fonts.xml. If you didn't copy the fonts.xml i posted earlier it defaults to something else. Copy my fonts.xml or alter your version. You can specify any font size you like in that file. Just changing font24 to a larger numer doesn't do anything when it is not defined.

remcoof

Portal Member
    December 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sambal

I've posted my question on page 27 of this topic. My question is simple, but i don't think making it is. Maybe for you?? You seems to know more of xml then me.

My question is, can you make this (see example image). RSS feed under the main menu bar.

Keep up the good work you do!

Attachments

• BasicHomeMenuRSS.jpg
      BasicHomeMenuRSS.jpg
      321.8 KB

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    We could write a simple little installer with an image of each option (for basichome, tvseries, etc) and let users pick which screens they want from the choices included. That way you get more flexibility.

In this installer you should include a modified version of your menu-generator as well.. Just like you can pick between different layouts for TV-series, you should be able to customize basichome.

What I have in mind is several boxes user can type in what should be in the "label" of the different menu items. Each of these boxes then could be linked to any of the xml's in the aeon folder. Maybe a basic/advanced button where you in basic mode would be presented with 'simple' names and with only the basic xml's. IE you would have to enter advanced mode to be able to put sudoku in basic home, while music/video etc should be in basic mode. This would make it way more user-friendly.

I attached a picture to try and illustrate what I think would be good. Please let me know if anythings not clear. I have no idea how to make this stuff my self, but others here have proven that they can :)

Attachments

• menu_stuff.JPG
      menu_stuff.JPG
      53 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great idea. Right now it's really hard to keep track of all modifications/tweaks. Although for people that does not want to customize the skin, the basic "Aeon Wide" folder should work "out of the box".

Really looking forward to next release of this skin.
    Emph

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Ok its RSS Feed time thanks to JakeyMouse ! I have ported the RSS Feed to work with the Aeon Wide Skin!

RSS Feed.jpg

You Need to download the file from this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/rss-feed-home-page-few-questions-42582/index3.html#post287542

I will be doing a bit more tweaking to the layout but try out this for now

To Install:
    1 - Replace BasicHome.xml
    2 - Download The File from the post Linked
    3- Copy that into your Mediaportal Directory
    4 - Important !! - Copy the folder Named "Home" from the Indigo skin folder included with RSS feed file
    5- Put this folder in Aeon\Media
    6- Enjoy

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

Frexie

November 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    first i've got to say this skin looks awesome. I tried to mod the basichome and after a few hours it worked ;)
    I noticed the skinfile for "MyEmulators" is available in svn, but noone has looked into it, yet.
    Tried modding an other skin's file but wasn't even able to add a background :oops:
    So i would love to see one of the skinning experts around here taking a look :D

Keep up the great work everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom