Aeon Wide (1366x768) (3 Viewers)

Buddha

Portal Member
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you very much mattsk88, I tried the RSS plugin using the method you described and it works great! It was a bit of fiddling though, I needed to re-enable the RSS option in the config of Home plugin, but after that it works flawless! Aeon keeps getting on better and better everyday :)

Sambal

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
2 more versions of Sambals BasicHome menu.

In your screenshots i noticed you don't have the dark area in the middle of the menubar. Did you leave that image out on purpose? I really think it makes the highlighted item stand out more.

23401d1216995192t-aeon-wide-1366x768-menu_item_bg.png

If you copy this image to your Aeon wide\Media folder and clear the cache it should show up.

The image below shows what it looks like
BasicHomeHighlight.png

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Sambal

One of the problems i have found is not everyone is good with editing the media files to get rid of the size in the picture, so its better to rar\zip them.

View attachment 23517

So have done a White\Black version, whichever one you want, just remove the colour from the name.

Still looking at keeping your last one as default though.

Need to get this uploaded as some sort of release, with Psycho Reptile\MP Users as Author

Anyone got any objection to this, if not i will try and upload in the next few Days.

SVN also does not have the media folder !!

:D

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One of the problems i have found is not everyone is good with editing the media files to get rid of the size in the picture, so its better to rar\zip them.

I linked back to the original image of my earlier post. I didn't know you cannot view the original image if you attach it that way. However, i guess you're right, it didn't occur to me people could have trouble getting the images. I always right click the image and select 'open in new tab/window' that way you can easily save the original image, no editing necessary. I will pack future images/xml's to make things simpler.

The Media folder is located here:
    svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/skins/Aeon Wide/Aeon wide/Media
    Or did you mean something else?

I will upload the new BasicHome.xml and image to svn and create new folders for the different TV-Series layouts. I think it is safe to make Option #4 ( see this post ) the default TV-Series layout.

A new packaged release would be very nice :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    new BasicHome.xml

Just got a really weird BasicHome from svn, showing white lettering on grey background as the default, should be this one, i think, can someone else check this for me.

View attachment 23520

This should be default (Sambal version)

Ignore the media folder, going blind as well as daft :)

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just got a really weird BasicHome from svn, showing white lettering on grey background as the default, should be this one, i think, can someone else check this for me.

I committed my version to svn( Image and BasicHome.xml) but i forgot to add the new fonts definition :oops:. Can you please try an update again and clear your cache. I did a clean checkout and it looks okay on my box.

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    What about merging Sambal's and PD's Basichome.xml with mattsk88's RSS version? It's a nice feature to add...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    OK maybe cross downloaded whilst Sambal was uploading :)

This is the result you get with BasicHome file in svn atm.

NewBasicHome.JPG

View attachment 23521

At least you can read from a distance :D

Light or dark as a default, even though i prefer the original, could the lettering be made lighter without user intervention (not White), going off to have a play see if can get a better shade of grey for menu lettering myself.

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is the result you get with BasicHome file in svn atm.

WinMerge says the BasicHome.xml you post and the one in SVN are identical, so it must be something with the menu_item_bg.png.

I got the colours from the original images, the selected item had a gradient so i took an average value. A lighter shade of grey would be fine ofcourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom