After download from mirror... (1 Viewer)

Treebeard

February 6, 2006
should I have a .exe set up file available as I can't locate one and so can't install media portal?

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
Austria
Treebeard said:
should I have a .exe set up file available as I can't locate one and so can't install media portal?

Hi Treebeard,

I am unsure what have downloaded but I think it may be the CVS version. CVS is the current "work in progress at the minute" so you'd need to get a 'released' version installed first.
These are available on the the upper right of the Mediaportal homepage:
ie. https://www.team-mediaportal.com/
Install either "Release 0.1.3.0 or "Test Release 0.2 RC2" first. These have a setup.exe in them!
Try either of these first and if all is good (runs well, etc), then you can try a CVS version.
Note: You will need "Test Release 0.2 RC2" to try the CVS version. You simply extract the CVS version over the top of your "Test Release 0.2 RC2" install. Make sure you back up your working install as the CVS may not work for you. It doesn't for me but that's OK as I (read: my wife) wants stablility over "bleeding edge" technology. :wink:

I hope this helps.

FYI. I use "Test Release 0.2 RC2" and it's great. :D

Marty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I get CRC check error. On third try I don't get CRC error
On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I...
When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder. I got these messages...
Replies
Views
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
Replies
Views
I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
Replies
Views
Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom