After resuming from hibernation, DVB-T stutters badly (1 Viewer)

varesino

Portal Member
January 18, 2005
Europe
I look into igalan error.log and Isee that we have the same error. Here I found a description of it. Hope this help.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I don't know what error you're referring, but whatever it is, it only affects the HVR-900, but not the PVR-350; so it doesn't look like DirectX could be the problem (because the same DirectX engine is used for both tuners, isn't it?).

varesino

Portal Member
    January 18, 2005
    Europe
    I posted the error here,
    you can also find it in your mediaportal\log directory, filename =error.log.
    I agree with you, the error only affects HVR-900, so directx should not be related, but it's the only error I can find in our logs and it happens immediately after resume from hibernation.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    Hi,
    This error "D3DERR_DEVICELOST" (going off) from hibernating or suspend it's not causing any harm, MediaPortal can handle it & recovers from it.

Regards
    Roy

varesino

Portal Member
    January 18, 2005
    Europe
    Bug update
    In my country there are also some radio transmitting in DVB-T, so I had the idea to rerun the test using myradio.

I followed these steps:

1 switch on the computer
    2 enter in mediaportal and remain in the main menu.
    3 put the computer in standby
    4 exit from stanby, mediaportal appear correctly in main menu
    5 enter in myradio and tune one of the DVB-T radio channel

result:
    Audio stutter

If igalan can confirm it we can exclude a bug in the TV module and think to something related to the driver management.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    infinityloop said:
    this idicates that the application is not able to release the hook before hibernate correctly or during the initialisation of the TV-Card after hibernate something goes wrong.
    That would explain this behaviour, too.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Country flag
    have been talking with Bavarian. he will take care when he is back from his holidays.

:D for testing!

varesino

Portal Member
    January 18, 2005
    Europe
    Update:
    Installing this fix:
    KB919071 (new version of quartz.dll, just released from microsoft) problem seem solved.
    @ igalan: please update your system and confirm.

Regards
    Varesino

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested the new version of the quartz.dll and the stuttering is gone. (Hauppauge DVB-T Stick).

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've read the description on the KB but that does not seem related to the same issue (stuttering after hibernation/suspend). Anyway I will test it today and post back, thanks! :)

Users who are viewing this thread