aMPdroid 1.0 - Preview Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
can I open and play one of my music playlists with this plugin on my htpc via my handy? Can I jump from one song to another song of my playlist via my handy? Do I see songs of the current playlist on my handy?

olli14

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    can I open and play one of my music playlists with this plugin on my htpc via my handy? Can I jump from one song to another song of my playlist via my handy? Do I see songs of the current playlist on my handy?

olli14
    Not yet / Yes / Yes

fujistick

Portal Member
    January 18, 2008
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, I've noticed some exceptions are being logged in the MPExtend service logs when you start streaming something (e.g. a tv show episode) from aMPdroid.

I'm using this aMPdroid 1.0 preview release on an ASUS Transformer Prime tablet (running ICS 4.0.3). When streaming, I've tried a few external players but find the DICE Player to be the best of the ones i've tried. (Seems to have HW support for the tegra 3). MPExtend versions 0.4.2 & 0.4.3

Details of the exception can be found in "Exception 2" here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/exceptions-in-the-mpextend-service-logs.106027/

As mentioned by Oxan (MPExtend dev), "aMPdroid seems to call a method too early. It cannot cause any harm, so I'll remove the warning from the logs for the next version."

It doesn't seem to cause any problems as the stream gets played ok through aMPdroid, and the error/warning will be suppressed in the logs in future MPExtend releases, but I just thought i would mention it i case an aMPdroid dev gets bored and wants to do some code cleanup :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It doesn't seem to cause any problems as the stream gets played ok through aMPdroid, and the error/warning will be suppressed in the logs in future MPExtend releases, but I just thought i would mention it i case an aMPdroid dev gets bored and wants to do some code cleanup :)
    There's only one ampdroid dev (being me)... ;) I'll talk to oxan about this, thx for bringing it to my attention...

Lardy

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Installed aMPdroid 1.0.0-alpha on my Droid Razr last weekend and have been playing with it all week. I wanted to congratulate you, and developers of the supporting server software, on a fantastic job. I live in Australia and am connected on a 3G network, but can stream TV live to my phone while I am at work, using profile Android FFmpeg LQ with no stutters in the transmission. Browsing my movies and TV series is very smooth. Job well done.

Specs: Droid Razr is running Android 2.3.5 and my HTPC is running MP 1.2.2.0 on Windows XP with a Core2 Duo E8400 and 2GB of DDR2 RAM.

Aran_Banjo

December 30, 2010
    Sorry but installing ampdroid on my samsung s2 becomes in a polish language, I'm Italian ;) How does it change language?

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Feedback on this release (not complaining) - flawless experience on Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 2.3.6, currently using the Resurrection Remix ics v9.6 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 rom, works only with an external player, eg. DicePlayer or Vplayer. Hoping the internal player will work fine once the official Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS is released to the public.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry but installing ampdroid on my samsung s2 becomes in a polish language, I'm Italian ;) How does it change language?
    That was a bug that has already been fixed...

Feedback on this release (not complaining) - flawless experience on Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 2.3.6, currently using the Resurrection Remix ics v9.6 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 rom, works only with an external player, eg. DicePlayer or Vplayer. Hoping the internal player will work fine once the official Samsung Galaxy S2 ICS is released to the public.
    The final release version has quite a few bugs fixed that were related to Honeycomb/ICS...

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you DieBagger, looking forward to it :)

Sekera

March 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    First of all DieBagger thanks for this app. It is fantastic.

I have some observation what could be at help. Not working WifiRemote can block the Live TV and movies streaming. I have the WifiRemote problem described in this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-control-server-0-5-2011-11-01.96251/page-14. I followed all recommendations (disable authorization, reinstall, install Bonjour, replace WifiRemote.dll, configure account for MPExtended), but despite aMPdroid remote is connected (I can see the remote status), then key press doesn’t have any result. If aMPdroid remote is connected this way, then it takes very long to get the screen of TV and Movies plugin, streaming quality is poor and CPU utilization is 100%. When I disconnected aMPdroid remote (and configured not to connect automatically on start), then TV and Movies starts to work as a charm.

MediaPortal 1.2.2, WifiRemote 0.6, MPExtended 0.4.3, TF201 ICS

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom