aMPdroid 1.0 - Preview Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
Just ordered new hardware for my server

core i5-2400s
ASRock H61DE/S3
8GB Ram
32GB Patriot Torqx 2
other hardware from old server as written ^^ before.

mate let us know how you go with streaming to your device with the new server :)

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have it installed on my Galaxy s2 and on my Newsmy k97 tablet (updated to ICS 4.0.3)...

On the galaxy, movies play well (streamed) except for the ones with AAC sound-> no sound. If i select music, the section starts within Artist, but i does not show any artists. When i swipe the screen to SHARES, there i can see all my artists/music folders. However, streaming of music does not work ( both flac and MP3 won't play). It seems as if the app still thinks i am in movie section: it wants me to select streamquality ffmpeg etc.

On the tablet with ICS 4.0.3 i can acces movie en series directory (thumbnails show-up and also can read the imdb info), but it won;t play any movie. I have tried to install moboplayer, but i won't start neither..

I'll keep u informed...

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have it installed on my Galaxy s2 and on my Newsmy k97 tablet (updated to ICS 4.0.3)...

On the galaxy, movies play well (streamed) except for the ones with AAC sound-> no sound. If i select music, the section starts within Artist, but i does not show any artists. When i swipe the screen to SHARES, there i can see all my artists/music folders. However, streaming of music does not work ( both flac and MP3 won't play). It seems as if the app still thinks i am in movie section: it wants me to select streamquality ffmpeg etc.

On the tablet with ICS 4.0.3 i can acces movie en series directory (thumbnails show-up and also can read the imdb info), but it won;t play any movie. I have tried to install moboplayer, but i won't start neither..

I'll keep u informed...

mate

Under music the only way I could get the Artist etc... was to go into MediaPortal Configuration and Music Database and then Update database from selected shares... once I did that it I could get the Artist information etc... but yeah couldn't get streaming to work either...

Cheers

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can anyone make a step-by-step tuturial how to forward the right ports for MPExtended in windows 7 firewall? Or post a link to a how-to for firewall noobs?

loc: i updated the musicdatabase in MPconfiguration, but problemm stays the same... only under shares i can see my musicfiles, however without thumbs and no way to play/tream them..

wollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    What an App package...Amazing. I've just set up Ampdroid wiMPextend and MP1.2.1 on my Galaxy S2. Live TV streaming works amazingly, so do movies. Real glad I've got a quad core TV server now. People thought that was overkill but the tv stream is so smooth. Anyway Out of 1100Gb of Recordings only two show up in the recorded tv section. Anyone else seen this or have any ideas. All my X86 windows clients see the recordings fine. They are local to the tv server and all in one place (I mean that the recordings I can't see are in the same folder as the ones I can see) In TV server config there isn't an option to import anything either. Help it would be the holy grail to watch my recordings from work at lunch.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can anyone make a step-by-step tuturial how to forward the right ports for MPExtended in windows 7 firewall? Or post a link to a how-to for firewall noobs?

loc: i updated the musicdatabase in MPconfiguration, but problemm stays the same... only under shares i can see my musicfiles, however without thumbs and no way to play/tream them..
    Open an Administrator command prompt on the Windows 7 box and run this command:
    Code:
    netsh firewall add portopening ALL 4322 MPExtended
    That should open the port in the firewall on the box you run it on.

madvario

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Northern Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Zitat von madvario:
    Just ordered new hardware for my server

core i5-2400s
    ASRock H61DE/S3
    8GB Ram
    32GB Patriot Torqx 2
    other hardware from old server as written ^^ before.​
    mate let us know how you go with streaming to your device with the new server :)

Server is now runnning on windows 7 64bit ultimate and all works fine.
    Streaming ist possible in ffmpeg HQ without any breaks.
    The CPU ist treated on all cores between 40 and 60% with timeshifting live-tv for one client and streaming to LG Optimus Speed

Installed on server is tvservice MP 1.2.2.0 ans mpextended 0.4.2 and on my mobile is installed CM7.1 android 2.3.7 with vplayer and arm7 codecs.

Next is to get a Tablet with android 2.3 and 10" display.

Just waiting for a version of ampdroid that works with ics (android 4).

Thanks all for your help!!!!

(y)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom