aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

Steven81

Portal Pro
March 29, 2010
Hello, is there a way to use the latest mp extended service with a prior version of ampdroid (say v 1.01)?

It tells me that there is a "version mismatch" but as fas as I can tell they should work perfectly if it was not for the version check, no?

While I absolutely love ver1.1 it lacks a feature that is/was absolutely essential to my usage, so any help in would much appreciate. Thanks :)

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello, is there a way to use the latest mp extended service with a prior version of ampdroid (say v 1.01)?

It tells me that there is a "version mismatch" but as fas as I can tell they should work perfectly if it was not for the version check, no?

While I absolutely love ver1.1 it lacks a feature that is/was absolutely essential to my usage, so any help in would much appreciate. Thanks :)
    No that's not possible since the api has changed quite a bit... Out of curiosity: which feature are you referring to?

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Ah, oh, OK. So I'll try installing mp extended 0.4.3 but it doesn't seem to work well with my MP v1.3.0 for the time being...

The feature I'm referring to is the "play as default -> quickstreamondevice”. This is absolutely essential since it let's me use my phone (when connected with a second TV of mine) as an mp client. The steamondevicequick used to let me change channels in a jiffy. Without it it's quite stiffer since I always have to go through one more screen each and every time I wish to change channel or merely watch new media.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What bugs do you see with MPExtended 0.4.3 in combination with MP 1.3.0? I can't remember fixing anything related to MP1.3...

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    What bugs do you see with MPExtended 0.4.3 in combination with MP 1.3.0? I can't remember fixing anything related to MP1.3...
    Even though the loopback test gives me no error ampdroid cannot connect to my MP server. I used to use the exact same setup/settings on MP 1.2 and it was working perfectly...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does aMPdroid fail to connect the remote or to list the movies/shows/etc? The first one means that you'll need to update WifiRemote (which should be compatible with the previous aMPdroid version).

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Does aMPdroid fail to connect the remote or to list the movies/shows/etc? The first one means that you'll need to update WifiRemote (which should be compatible with the previous aMPdroid version).
    The remote works perfectly, movies/series/tv don't even load...

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My ampdroid don't connect to mpextended anymore.
    Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
    Me not. Is your network offline? Router broken? HTPC shut down? Has WIFI remote plugin crashed?
    Please post more information than "It does not work.", otherwise it won't be possible to help you.

Greetings Fafnir

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Should I be able to use the popup keyboard with ampdroid and MP?

On my phone it shows "Keyboard" in the popup menu with "Powermodes", "Downloads" and "Connect Remote" but although the keyboard comes up on the phone, it doesn't send anything to MP (testing in OnlineVideos Search box anyway). I tested with my friend's Tablet as well and that only shows "Downloads" and "Connect Remote/Disconnect" in that menu but has a keyboard symbol top left which again brings up the keyboard on the Tablet but doesn't send anything to MP.

Also, the Focus MP command doesn't work for me. I can tell as LiveTV gets very jittery/jerky when MP doesn't have focus and using the command doesn't fix it, but clicking on the MP screen with my mouse does. When I was using a remote (currently broken) I also set EventGhost to Focus MP (Bring to Front) when pressing certain buttons and that worked too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom