aMPdroid 1.1 (2 Viewers)

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As some of you might have already seen, I released version 1.1.2 of aMPdroid...

It's mainly a bugfix release + some improvements to the ui... Also translations have been updated -> https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ampdroid/
    Hello DieBagger,

Today I rebooted my tablet and what did I see...?!
    Thanks for that nice tool and really nice update!

Regards Fafnir

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow!

A new version with only bugfixes?

Well, for me it feels like a complete new version! :) Really nice that shutdown menu, the settings button, and the inbuilt mediaplayer rocks!!

Really awesome and its getting better and better.. I really have some problems with my paypall account for a long time now (it was blocked for an unknown reason) and I do not have a creditcard.. But when I have acces I will buy the pro version for shure! :)

Now the only things I really mis:

-The gesture remote control and some buttons like play, stop, pauze..

-a shortcut to my plugins.

Thanks! :)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Great update DieBagger!

Thanks for adding the home screen customisation options. Really nice (y)

I also like the changes to the remote functionality.

Just need to get @Shukuyen to fix the MyVideos playback issue in Wifiremote and I'm more than a happy camper :D .

I have one other really minor issue to report.... but not tonight. There needs to be much praise before anyone dares to start reporting issues ;) .

Thanks again for all your work!

Wo0zy.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Great update DieBagger!

Just need to get @Shukuyen to fix the MyVideos playback issue in Wifiremote and I'm more than a happy camper :D .

I have one other really minor issue to report.... but not tonight. There needs to be much praise before anyone dares to start reporting issues ;) .

Wo0zy.
    Do it now and you might get a quick-fix... There is a showstopper-bug on older (2.3) devices so I will release a new version soon...

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Great update DieBagger!

Just need Shukuyen to fix the MyVideos playback issue in Wifiremote and I'm more than a happy camper :D .

Wo0zy.
    Do it now and you might get a quick-fix... There is a showstopper-bug on older (2.3) devices so I will release a new version soon...

Bummer :( .

But if you're sure :p .

This is to do with music. If I select artist view then all artists appear just fine. However, if I then select an artist that only appears on a compilation album, no tracks are displayed. Don't know if this is an aMPdroid related problem of a limitation of MPExtended (haven't tested with WebMediaPortal yet). Anyway, I just noticed that MPExtended 5.3 is released (totally missed that) so now off to install and test. Maybe the problem is already fixed (although it's not mentioned in the changelog)! :)

Will report back after testing.

BTW did you have any luck regarding the WifiRemote/ MyVideos problem? I haven't seen much of Shukuyen recently.

Thanks again!

Wo0zy

Edit. Tested with MpExtended 5.3 and the compilation artist issue is unchanged.

Edit 2. Also just noticed that the new "plugins" button on the remote doesn't always work. Was working fine earlier but now pressing it doesn't bring up the menu. Tried force closing aMPdroid and opening again but no difference. Something to do with the MPExtended upgrade or an unrelated coincidence?

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

Are we any closer to offloading the decoding to the device instead of having the pc doing it so that lower spec machines can cope with this? I have a Foxconn NT-330I 1.6DC Atom that I use for my playback but would love to be able to stream without expecting the PC to do all the work. Most tablets these days can do the decoding for us.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Are we any closer to offloading the decoding to the device instead of having the pc doing it so that lower spec machines can cope with this? I have a Foxconn NT-330I 1.6DC Atom that I use for my playback but would love to be able to stream without expecting the PC to do all the work. Most tablets these days can do the decoding for us.
    You can select the "vlc direct" profile... That will only work on very few video formats with the internal player though (that's just a limitation of the android video player). Most external players (mxplayer, vplayer) should be able to play most formats without conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom