aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the great new update. You've done a ton of good work!

I just have one question about the controls in the app. None of the options under the "power" icon do anything for me. They don't open or close MP, they don't lock, reboot, shutdown, etc. my HTPC. I'm really just looking for it to be able to start and stop my MP as long as my HTPC is turned on. This would be a great help because I close MP when I'm not watching. In case you care, the reason is that if I leave MP running , say overnight, when I come back to play something, the video is always very choppy an the only fix that I can find is to do a total reboot of my HTPC (Win 7 Pro x64).

The only thing that I can think of as to why this isn't working is that I installed MPExtend as a different user than the user that the user that runs MP. So, I closed the tray icon on the user I installed with and ran the .exe manually from the user that is running MP. Everything else seems to work fine after doing this. Initially, the "Open MP" worked fine when the tray icon was running as the user who installed MPExtend, but now it doesn't work for the user that i manually started it for.

Does that make sense? Please let me know if you need more information or logs or anything.

Thanks!

helloh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2010
    My ampdroid don't connect to mpextended anymore.
    Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
    Me not. Is your network offline? Router broken? HTPC shut down? Has WIFI remote plugin crashed?
    Please post more information than "It does not work.", otherwise it won't be possible to help you.

Greetings Fafnir

Hi,
    it does work again. :)

I forgot to install dyndns after reinstalling windows. :(
    So the ip was wrong. :>

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Diebagger,

I have a small problem.. I can't open plugins from inside the app.. I see the icon for plugins in remote view in the right upper corner, but when I touch on it, nothing happend.. In Wifiremote everything is selected.

Any idea maybe?

Cheers!

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with the external player "vplayer". I use this for the rtsp stream. It works only the first time. When I will use this app later I get a error message: " vplayer can't open the file".

I've made ​​a few more test. With the BS player it does not work. I get the message "Error Öfnnen file Stream3.xx"

But then I tried to open the stream directly in the B-player "RTP :/ / xxx.xxx.x.xxstream3.0" I must say it works fine.

I think there is something in sending the streams of Ampdroid app for external player wrong.

Some data to the system

Nexus 4 Android 4,2,2

Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2

Last edited:

ausrufezeichen

Portal Member
    May 15, 2012
    Veitshöchheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is to do with music. If I select artist view then all artists appear just fine. However, if I then select an artist that only appears on a compilation album, no tracks are displayed.

Are there any plans to choose between "album artist" and "artist" tag for sorting / grouping? Currently all artists from a compilation are getting their own thumbnail which generates a very large and nearly unusable list of artists for me.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I do not use plug-MovingsPictures so the main screen movie list is always empty. Is there any way you choose to display your video files to the list?

MataRatos

April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I'm usind Ampdroid on a X10 Mini Pro with minicm7, and it simply rocks! Either from LAN or WAN, I get a lag-free stream. Either TV, movies, whatever... I use and external player (MX Player) with HW+ decode on and XDA codecs to watch TV, and last night I watched an entire TV movie without ever breaking down.
    For Movies I have to use the embbed player, because of the subtitles (they don't stream to MX...) and beacuse I can't fast forward/scroll forward with MX player.

There are only a few minor issues I would like to point out:

- Is it possible to change the subtitles size/position? They are very small, and I can't change their size (or don't know how to...)
    - It would be great if I could watch TV without having to config EPG... I have analog TV, and even being able to config lots of channels with XMLTV, some I can't, and so, I can't watch the channels that don't have EPG. There should be an option to watch the channels without EPG anyway...

Other than that, it works wonders on a old, small and slow phone.
    About watching movies on WAN, I setup a VPN, just in case someone notices that I'm streaming movies from my home to my phone (some of which I don't have the originals...) and so, with a VPN is much saffer, and also works.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @MataRatos

Hey thanks for the info regarding MX Player. I had no idea you could download custom Codecs for it. It makes all the difference in the world. I wasn't able to stream very well outside of the LAN but now I can stream HDTV channels and there is barely a hiccup. So much better.

Thanks again,
    Rob

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    How do you ensure you're using that XDA codecs? Do we need to disable h/w or h/w+?

EDIT: Ok. Figured it out. Spanish translation is not so clear...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom