aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

mahubi

December 19, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello DieBagger,

@DieBagger :
Hi there,

I am curious if there will be revised/ update version with new features, perhaps around christmas, as a kind of gift?

Yes I hope that there will be... ;)

I am so desperately waiting for a real design update of ampdroid, is there really something planned or worked on?

And whatever, make it cost 15,00 € in the Play Store, I would not mind!

Unluckily I feel like apps for media control/rc are somehow not being focussed on that much which is a little sad. Did you ever check out Yatse for XBMC for example? It's a blast. I installed XBMC just to try it out and it works like a charm and looks beautiful!

Please don't mistake this as criticism, but as revision of a long-term user of MP and Ampdroid. I wish I could contribute in a programming way, but I don't have any clue of it, so I have to focus on begging and backing :-D.

And the last please: Pleaaase tell me there will be an update ;-D!!

Best Regards!

Ps.: I've just bought a Note 10.1 2014 ed. and it does not work with the internal player for streaming. It just works with an external player (I use MX). But on the external player i can not jump back of forward in the movie. It seems like it's a specific Samsung problem?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am so desperately waiting for a real design update of ampdroid, is there really something planned or worked on?
    Let's play the good news/bad news game

Yes it's planned and being worked on, but there won't be a xmas release :(

Here's two screenshots of the current development version:

device-2013-07-30-231330.png device-2013-11-29-221915.png

I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a nice looking navigation-drawer like the google+ app has, any design proposals are much welcomed... ;)

device-2013-11-29-222034.png

Depending on how much time I can sqeeze in during my vacation there will be a test version soon, maybe using the new play store beta program.

Unluckily I feel like apps for media control/rc are somehow not being focussed on that much which is a little sad. Did you ever check out Yatse for XBMC for example? It's a blast. I installed XBMC just to try it out and it works like a charm and looks beautiful!
    Yeah I keep track of Yatse development and really like much of what the app is doing.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Let's play the good news/bad news game

Yes it's planned and being worked on, but there won't be a xmas release :(

Here's two screenshots of the current development version:

View attachment 141325 View attachment 141326

I'm still trying to figure out a way to create a nice looking navigation-drawer like the google+ app has, any design proposals are much welcomed... ;)

View attachment 141327

Depending on how much time I can sqeeze in during my vacation there will be a test version soon, maybe using the new play store beta program.

Yeah I keep track of Yatse development and really like much of what the app is doing.

Diebagger, you've done it again - those two screen shots look pretty good. Thanks for the app again - happy to wait as I know good stuff is coming. Merry Christmas and a happy new year from all the Ampdroid users in my household!

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good!!! Once I found that all my problems were related to Sense, and I switched to Nexus device, aMPDroid is working just right. Only lacks some better looking interface and sorting options... :)

Loewenpower

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today i installed the plugins and the extensions. I can say only one word: perfect.
    I love it. Thanks for this wonderfull plugin !

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Tried to make this work (remote part) with no luck. WifiRemote test client works locally on my PC. With my phone I can telnet to WifiRemote and it gives proper response but aMPdroid client does nothing, nada. No errors, no connection, nothing happens...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried to make this work (remote part) with no luck. WifiRemote test client works locally on my PC. With my phone I can telnet to WifiRemote and it gives proper response but aMPdroid client does nothing, nada. No errors, no connection, nothing happens...

But is there a conncetion with the app at least? So can you browse your movies and series by example? So only the remote control part is not working?

Are you shure that bonjour is installed on your HTPC?

Otherwise it has maybe something to do with Authentication?

Just a couple of thought! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom