An interresting mobo for HTPC (1 Viewer)

Alltaken

Portal Member
May 11, 2008
Christchurch
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Its a wee bit old now but i built my HTPC with this board.

Was running Windows Vista, and am Currently running Win7 with no issues.

The Graphics chipset is plenty powerful enough to handle any HTPC work thrown at it, however it is let down by Ati Drivers which seem to be finicky with HDMI setup (once its going its fine, but getting there is a game of random trial and error).

The fantastic thing is its size and power requirements, With an AMD 2350 CPU the system can run off a 120w PSU and have a single Fan (the CPU Fan) for the entire system. Very quiet indeed.

Its a nice purchase which i don't regret. However if someone else requires a tiny Mobo, there seems to be a whole pile of new boards coming out which are newer and more feature packed than this board.

A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
Replies
Views
If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
Replies
Views
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
Pictures might help avoid the recycling. ;) I still love my HTPC. Good luck.
Pictures might help avoid the recycling. ;) I still love my HTPC. Good luck.
Hi. Ich bin am Ausmisten und trenne mich von vielem, was ich nicht mehr benötige. Ich verwende keinen HTPC mehr, sondern nur noch...
Replies
Views
Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just tried it now and that appears to be working. (Networks. I hate networks.) Thanks.
Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just...
I have an existing HTPC that I've been using for years. I'm replacing it with a new machine and I'm trying to get it configured...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom