Analog tuning not working anymore after 1.0.1 upgrade/install (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    According to your configuration files the value hasn't changed. It seems that the bug of 1.0.1 with the analog config files has more side-effect than expected.

MisterD

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The mentioned fix doesn't work for me, still grey video while audio is nice and clean.

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunately adding the "new" TSreader.ax does nothing for me also. Still the same problem with grey screen with sound with analog TV.

---
    Edit
    ---

Hmmm... I think I've found the culprit. It seems the default values in SetupTV > TV Servers > "hostname" > "tunercard" > tab VideoProcAmp for brightness, contrast, hue and saturation are not right. I manually changed them:

- brightness to around 5000
    - contract to around 7500
    - hue to around 5000
    - saturation to around 7500

Changing these settings finally gave me video instead of a grey screen. Above values resulted in an acceptable picture for me. Of course you could do some more finetuning to adjust the image to your liking.

These settings are new in 1.0.1, as in 1.0.0 they were not there nor in the .xml config files for the analog tuners. I think this could be easily fixed for 1.0.2. by adjusting the default values for the NVTV tunercard in TV Server.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The default values are detected correctly. It is working for all other cards that I know. Probably just your card doesn't report back the correct values, so this is a driver issue. There is nothing we can do to fix that.

MisterD

Dumbo

Portal Member
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is strangs after a reboot of the tv server pc the pictue is grey again.

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    misterd: Is there an option to have 1.0.1 behave as 1.0.0 in this aspect? Add a checkbox in configuration like "compatibility mode" so that 1.0.1 won't use/adjust the values like in 1.0.0.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no specific option in TvServer for that, as the card should return the correct values, if it supports this feature.

I have an idea for a workaround, but I haven't checked it. You can modify the configuration file, which is in:
    XP: %APPDATA%\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal TvServer\AnalogCard
    Vista: %PROGRAMDATA%\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal TvServer\AnalogCard
    Before you modify the file, you have to stop TvServer. In the configuration file for the card you will find this part:
    Code:
    <videoProcAmp>
    	<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="10000" defaultValue="5000" delta="39" flags="2" value="5000">0</videoQuality>
    	<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="10000" defaultValue="5000" delta="78" flags="2" value="5000">1</videoQuality>
    	<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="10000" defaultValue="0" delta="39" flags="2" value="0">2</videoQuality>
    	<videoQuality minValue="0" maxValue="10000" defaultValue="5000" delta="78" flags="2" value="5000">3</videoQuality>
    </videoProcAmp>
    This should be changed to:
    Code:
    <videoProcAmp/>
    After this you can restart TvServer. TvServer should now think that the card doesn't support this feature and as long as graph building doesn't fail TvServer shouldn't try to detect this features again.

MisterD

Dumbo

Portal Member
    December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :D Looks like it works for me. When i changed the xml file i had to reboot before it work.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom