Analogue TV chopped audio and video (2 Viewers)

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Analogue TV chopped audio and video

yes I am.
    but I did run it as admin. running win7 pro 64bit.
    trying the ia64bit, but it says wrong operation system.
    trying the i386 and it says the above mentioned

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ia64 is for Itanium, so that is why it says wrong OS. I hadn't noticed they don't provide the AMD64 version. Apparently you can download the correct version with the 700 MB Windows Driver Kit. I'd recommend you save the download time and get it from -->here<--.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

do you also have the feeling that we are mocked at by m$? ;-)
    E:\Programme aus dem Internet\devcon>devcon restart *SUBSYS_88010070*
    PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_88010070&REV_01\4&2966AB86&0&30A4: Requires reboot
    The 1 device(s) are ready to be restarted. To restart the devices, reboot the system.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thank you very much for your help!!!

I think in 8 to 12 weeks I will reinstall my OS and if it still won't work I will have to buy me a new card for analogue with hardware encoding capabilities.

p.s. it would be great if one could search the "my system" database of the forum to look whether there is someone in here who runs my mce 150 on win7 64 bit without problems so I know it is my fault (which I am sure is the fact)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    p.s. it would be great if one could search the "my system" database of the forum to look whether there is someone in here who runs my mce 150 on win7 64 bit without problems so I know it is my fault (which I am sure is the fact)

We should have a few members of team using the 150, Spragleknas definitely, infinite.loop did have, mm might be worthwhile asking them if they are having any standby issues.

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey Ray,

Thank you for helping

Here is a video of my problem :(
    maybe it gives a hint for anybody

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And this is the stream you're seeing from the analog tuner? That is clearly corruption - no problem with matching frame rates there. Either the card is overheating, or bad drivers, or the HDD that you're using for timeshifting/recording is too slow or going bad... or something. Perhaps even your signal quality is not good enough - usually analog on my system just gets static if the signal is too weak, but I'm not sure whether that would be the same with a tuner with a hardware encoder.

mm

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

After long time of investigating I found this

Can you imagine that this is the source of my problem?
    The fact that I do have 4GB of RAM?

no solution, but a workaround

"This is a know bug with 64-bit Windows and 4GB or more with the drivers for teh PVR-150. There are documenting it and considering the PVR-150 discontinued. So I do not expect a fix ever.

However, there is a workaround if you only have 4GB in your system (or you have more and don't mind losing everything above 4GB or RAM), try the following:

Open up msconfig --> boot tab --> advanced options --> set maximum memory a little lower than the full 4GB amount ( I was able to drop it just a tick ..4095 ). Of course this is really only for those with 4GB as there will not be a performance difference."

So mm was right in post #6 !!!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Analogue TV chopped audio and video

After long time of investigating I found this

Can you imagine that this is the source of my problem?
    The fact that I do have 4GB of RAM?
    Wow :eek:
    Well that must be a low level driver or hardware compatibility problem if that is the issue. I was not aware of this limitation before now but I will *definitely* keep it in mind for the future.

So mm was right in post #6 !!!
    Maybe I was on the right track, but I think you should take the credit for finding the information! ***Big*** *thank you* for persisting and reporting your solution. I have certainly learned from this issue.

Best regards,
    mm
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom