[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (2 Viewers)

backard

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Ok maybe a stupid question . I have everything up and running on my home network . So does this only work on my home network ? I mean can i use this , say in the pub over wifi or even 3g to record shows or watch stuff . Sorry if this has been covered .

Sure you can as long as you route the correct ports...

Please could you explain a bit more or point me in the right direction .

Cheers .

JvN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2011
    Harderwijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get ampdroid to work on my sony ericsson Arc S but i'm really stuck. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

For now i only want to use the remote feature.
    This is what is tried so far:

- I installed all the mandatory programs as mentioned in the wiki. All the services are running.
    - I can connect to wifiremote on my TV server using the demo client on an other PC.
    - I used the QR code to set up my phone. I didn't set up a password, maybe i will do that when i get it to work at all.

But somehow i can't make a connection to mediaportal on my TV server. I can't figure out why i can connect through another PC and not when using my phone.

On both computers i have win 7 ultimate installed. The phone and the computers are connected through a (wireless) router.

Hopefully i supplied enough info to work with.
    Thanks,

Jelle

backard

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get ampdroid to work on my sony ericsson Arc S but i'm really stuck. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

For now i only want to use the remote feature.
    This is what is tried so far:

- I installed all the mandatory programs as mentioned in the wiki. All the services are running.
    - I can connect to wifiremote on my TV server using the demo client on an other PC.
    - I used the QR code to set up my phone. I didn't set up a password, maybe i will do that when i get it to work at all.

But somehow i can't make a connection to mediaportal on my TV server. I can't figure out why i can connect through another PC and not when using my phone.

On both computers i have win 7 ultimate installed. The phone and the computers are connected through a (wireless) router.

I had the same problem . My scanned QR setup did not work . I had to change the ip address to 192.1.X.XXX

Hopefully i supplied enough info to work with.
    Thanks,

Jelle

I had the same problem . My scanned QR setup did not work . I had to change the ip address manually to 192.1.X.XXX

To get your ip

Start - Run - cmd - ipconfig

Hope this helps .

JvN

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2011
    Harderwijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick reply,

I tried to manually setup the connection by entering the ip-adress. Unfortunately it has the same
    result, still no connection.

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hi,
    I've just installed this great app, and it works fine.
    Thanks for this good job !
    Is there any way to have a lite version ? I've installed it on my children tablet, but it gives access to all the functions.
    I just want tv + movies + series streaming, any way to do that ?
    Why MovingPictures and MpTvSeries initial filtering does not work ?
    Thanks

backard

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply,

I tried to manually setup the connection by entering the ip-adress. Unfortunately it has the same
    result, still no connection.

Another problem i had was with the user names and passwords .

Did u set them as

USERNAME - admin
    PASSWORD - admin

Try setting all of them to this .

Also on your phone are u set to automatically connect ? I stupidly did not so had to do it manually so the wee man glows .

I only just got this working a few hours ago so i might be completely wrong . I`m sure there are more informed people here who could help better.

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok maybe a stupid question . I have everything up and running on my home network . So does this only work on my home network ? I mean can i use this , say in the pub over wifi or even 3g to record shows or watch stuff . Sorry if this has been covered .

Sure can, I quite often watch TV from work....:eek:

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just gotta say... I'm loving this plug-in... Have it mostly working.... Streaming Video is the only problem for me but it's not a biggie as I use PLEX as a streaming alternative..

One thing I am interested to know is is 4TR [for the record] support on the cards??? It would be nice if it was, but I understand if not..

Any way wonderful plugin... Keep up the amazing work.... Thanks..

bemocom

Portal Member
    May 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Just have to say.... perfect plug-in.

But i have problems with the pictures and the complete TV section.
    No pictures are displayd and no TV-stations and no EPG.
    Recordings are working but nothing else

Need help please.

Thanks

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm having some issue's with the reliability of the android app it's self... Is this known to be quite unstable. I am running Android 3.2 on the samsung galaxy tab 10.1. Could this be the fault.... Thanks..

Look forward to the update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom