[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (3 Viewers)

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is TV4Home Cores services compatible with mediaportal 1.2.1 ?

becasuse the version tells its for MePo 1.2 Beta

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hello how about a Roadmap ? I would like to see when it si plannend to release a new version and what has it include. Not exactly dates. Because it is a long time ago and no new version. Is the developmennt difficult ? It is a good app, and it works good. But there are some Bugs, so it not suitable to use it really.

My impression:

1. The Tv-Function is very good ! It works for me without really bugs.

improvements: maybe only, grouping series and switch the channel over the EPG

2. The Video Section is good bhut could be better

improvements: - see a watched oder unwatched status
    - possible to sort (Rating,wachted,Year, genre etc. )

3. Music section is good but could be better

improvements: - searching for title, artist, album etc
    - possible to sort(rating,year,genre etc.)
    - more Views (Year,Genre etc.)
    - maybe a custom view, so you can see only Songs with agood rating...
    - watched status
    - streaming to the phone

4. WifiRemote is very good but some improvements

improvements
    - In the PlayingNow Screen for music a lot more information (Rating, Love and banned,it is a favorit etc.)
    - possible to rate, add the song to favorites or Playlist, loved or banned the song
    - Maybe you should see in with Screen you are and what you have selected. When you are in the Contextmenu you should
    see this, and when you select the item "Add to playlist" you should see it too

I know the Website where you can vote for a feature, but you don't see it is planned or not. I like to see what we will get in the Future ;-)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hello how about a Roadmap ? I would like to see when it si plannend to release a new version and what has it include. Not exactly dates. Because it is a long time ago and no new version. Is the developmennt difficult ? It is a good app, and it works good. But there are some Bugs, so it not suitable to use it really.

The reason why there hasn't been a new version for a while is because it'll use mp-extended as a backend which means lots of changes to the ampdroid code. In the end it'll be worth it though, mp-extended already is on a great way (all-in-one-installer, tray app to start mp, config,...).

Regarding the roadmap: I'm the only one working on the app and as such I will most certainlcy not add the additional burdon of maintaining a roadmap. I'll implement what I feel like implementing, taking into account the popularity of features (from the feature voting system).

Also with all the features aMPdroid already has, saying it's not suitable to use is quite insulting to be honest.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thank you for your answer and it would bot insute you. I mean only that some parts of the App you can't really use at the moment. Because of the main Bug, that the App crashed always when you leave the app and open it again. Perhaps you has open ampdroid to control Mediaportal, then you ope another app on the phone. When you go back to ampdroid the app crashed and don't work anmyore. You have to open the Settinngs on the phone go to the Apps and stop ampdroid manually. This only helps and ampdroid works agin until you open another app.

And in the Post I have read that it is a BUg, Right ?

So if I'm give one person my smartphone aMpdroid in the hand, and he will use it to control the media portal, he is determined to despair. Because of the problems, I know what I have todo. But a Person without the technical background has a problem, I believe.

arripay

Portal Member
    February 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fantastic guys, thanks very much for this app, everything just works!

Just one tiny thing, if the screen goes into standby (when playing music for example) the remote will not wake screen. An IR remote will wake but not aMPdroid remote. Apologies if I am being stupid.

Brilliant app:D

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Fantastic guys, thanks very much for this app, everything just works!

Just one tiny thing, if the screen goes into standby (when playing music for example) the remote will not wake screen. An IR remote will wake but not aMPdroid remote. Apologies if I am being stupid.

Brilliant app:D

Issue 73 - wifiremote - WiFiRemote commands do not reset Win7 idle timeout. - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting

Write a pm to shukuyen and he will send you a wifiremote dll that has this "fixed".

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    on my HTC Sensation everything is working great, streaming live TV etc...

on my Asus EEE Pad TF101 remote control is working great, streamin live TV however works for 1 or 2 seconds, i managed to got it work for a longer time with an external player (dont know the name anymore).

keep up this GREAT work..!!!!

ProjektC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Asus EEE Pad TF101 -> MX Video Player ?

daki

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hmm for ampdroid is for me not usable with a hp touchpad and cyangenmod and a htc desire hd with stock rom, both using android 2.3

the ampdroid app on my phone/tablet is functional, but not in an acceptable way. remote functions often only works once, other key event won't be recognized. if i load my videos/series it works one time, if i get back to menu und want to other things, i'm just getting the rotation cirecle in the left upper corner, but nothing happens.

it's a nice thing, if itwould work.

or is it just my configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom