[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

Koenig

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes!!

This is a great thing you are doing here!!

Thank you!

swamprat96

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2010
    Avoca Beach
    Home Country
    I'm getting lots of server timeouts. Won't respond again until I stop and restart MP. A refresh option woud be good.

I've also noticed that music artwork displayed disappears if the screen saver kicks in on the phone. Again a refresh might fix this

Need my logs? LMK. Samsung Galaxy S here on Froyo 2.2.1. MP 1.1.2.0

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

kroko:
    nice to see what's possible with the knowledge of programming java ;)
    i did sth similar, but i reduced it to the remote function. so just an ordinary remote without any DB access or fancy pictures. i could share this one with you if you are interested. but i don't use http requests... just sending bytes and collecting them over some sockets.

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow, how come i've overlooked this thread?

Have been searching my ass off for a good graphicsbased 2-way remote control programm.

I am planning on buying a 7 or 10 inch android tablet and use this to control MP. I won't be needing it for playing my movies, but intend to use it to control MP for playing audio (MP3, but also webradio) without having to switch-on my TV-screen.

Would also be great to have the same graphics on my tablet as on my TV-screen.

Do you guys know the Philips Pronto? Now THAT would be the ultimate Remote Control, but then running on an androidtablet, refined for MP :)

I've included a picture of my ultimate MP android remote. (it's photoshopped of course).

Speaking of Android and tablets...will this run on a tablet as well?

Will be visiting this thread from time-to- time to keep-up.

Attachments

• epad mediaportal remote.jpg
      epad mediaportal remote.jpg
      70.5 KB

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    today I read this thread and in the evening I tested it. And I must say that It's absolutely great. Very easy to install.
    But I have some problems: 1.) When I press the button "songs" or the button "artists" the plugin says "loading" and then the mesage "no data received" appears. The other 2 buttons are working. What's wrong there?
    Another question: I have several playlists on my mediaportal client. Can I play one of these playlist by using your plugin?
    :D a lot for this great plugin

olli14

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi olli14,

make sure you have updated your music database in the MP configuration.

If done check this adress in you webbrowser:

http://192.168.0.30:8200/db_music/artist.xml
    http://192.168.0.30:8200/db_music/album.xml

where 192.168.0.30 is your IP.

There should be something like

<Database>

<Item>
    <Album>Big Bad World</Album>
    <AlbumArtist>Plain White T's</AlbumArtist>
    <Artist>Plain White T's</Artist>
    <Genre/>
    <Rating>0</Rating>
    </Item>

<Item>

Let me know whats going on...

kroko

BTW Thundercats: it should work on a tablet too, I maybe need to include a different layout for those then

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kroko,
    I can connect to "http://192.168.x.xx:8200/db_music/artist.xml". That's OK. But I can't connect to "http://192.168.x.xx:8200/db_music/songs.xml" or "http://192.168.x.xx:8200/db_music/song.xml"
    Sometimes my android handy now shows the artist list when I press the artists button but in most cases it doesn't. The album button is working fine. But my handy doesn't show the song list. Probably something like a timeout problem? I have about 8000 mp3 files.
    But my greatest problem is: when I enable the plugin I get stuttering in TV so that I can't watch TV. So at the moment I must disable your plugin. Some ideas about stuttering?

olli14

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi olli14,

very strange you can not acces the xml list. I have done some speed ups in the next version. (pictures, music db)
    So i can reduce the time for an answer from the webserver. Also if you go into the picture and use random slideshow right now all pictures will be put in a list. This will be done in the background now. When you get chance make a log file using "debug" settings in the mp and send them via PM or email. I'm not sure about the Atom processor. All things are done in a background thread. I will try to tweak a bit here too.

Right now I'm working on a "plugin" to play webstreams on the phone.
    Also I succesful streamed videos to the phone. Not sure if we ever need this, but it works.
    And on top the layout will be changed on the the remote for aspect ratio and subtitles.

So stay tuned
    kroko

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kroko,
    another question. I have some playlists on my client. Can I use your plugin to choose one of these playlists to play the songs out of this playlist? That would be great.
    I think this weekend I'll give you my logs. Regarding the stuttering in TV mode do you mean my atom cpu doesn't have enough power (I overclocked it and the cpu now has 2 GHz)?

Regards
    olli14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom