Android TV client (1 Viewer)

Damstas

Portal Member
November 18, 2014
Home Country
Finland Finland
It would be great to have an Android TV client, now that the Nexus Player is launched. Next year TVs will start shipping with Android TV built in, so I bet that many more people start to have Android TV devices.

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be great to have an Android TV client, now that the Nexus Player is launched. Next year TVs will start shipping with Android TV built in, so I bet that many more people start to have Android TV devices.

I had been searching for ages. ampdroid did not work properly, XBMC neither.

Try Plex Server with Mediaportal live TV channel. For my fire tv even HD channels can be watched.

BR

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @4irm SPMC v.13.3.3 works well with MediaPortal TVserver. it's the only version working great for me. I'm using it with my FireTv.

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I was thinking abour Mediaportal 2 android client.
    For Mediaportal 1 Kodi is nearly perfect.
    Obviously related to tv server side.
    It would be wonderful to have a pvr plugin as for Mediaportal 1.
    Don't know if mm1352000 has some suggestions..
    Bye,
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom